What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 22/04/2021 15:52

Posted on 22/04/2021 15:52

That wind sounds bad Brue. Don't get swept off the cliffs.

Is it next Monday for the off Francis? Bet you can't wait.

Have to laugh. OH said to me last night that it wouldn't surprise her if MiL started sorting out her clothes itinerary today for our 4 night break starting next Monday and lo and behold it came to pass.smile

Had to go to Wrexham Breast Cancer clinic today to get my AAA test, which came back negative so I've been sacked already. Took up the morning though.

A stroll this afternoon to keep the legs going and I need to sort out somewhere to put a maturing ISA. The rate has dropped by 75% since taking it out so it won't be earning much whatever we decide to do.

replied on 22/04/2021 16:03

Posted on 22/04/2021 12:10 by Takethedogalong

GoT is an acquired taste, I came to it late, some three seasons in before I watched it, mainly because we didn’t subscribe to anything, only have Freeview. But, it’s one of those memorable TV events where a huge budget has been allocated and the sets, the locations, the costumes, the acting talent (established and newcomers) came together with an epic story and some great script writing. I suspect that the gore and violence would put off many, and then there’s the high prevalence of sexual scenes in the earlier seasons😯, but it twists and turns at every stage, and has certainly stamped a blue print for dispatching some of the big name actors at a surprising rate. Baddies become goodies, goodies become murderously bad, and it does have some “oh my goodness” moments that come slap out of nowhere. Not sure how well a prequel will do, but I will give it a go

Sunny again here. Another bike ride, this time into Peterborough. We are going to look at the outside of the Cathedral.  

Posted on 22/04/2021 16:03

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

JVB66 replied on 22/04/2021 16:16

Posted on 22/04/2021 16:16

Glorious  day for our arrival at FM ,plenty arriving about 40 to 50 per cent in favour of tuggers, but as usual does not look full with the big pitches, ,those we were going to visits on othe sites in East Anglia have decided to come and stay here so we are now here for 20nights👍Which saves having to break camp and set up else where👌

Goldie146 replied on 22/04/2021 16:36

Posted on 22/04/2021 16:36

I've been meal planning and collecting piles of stuff for our three night trip away tomorrow. If we forget something, it won't be an big ussue - we're only going about 3/4 mile (down the farm track to park up by St Sundays Beck). And no need to take my handbag and purse! But my daughter said "what if you want to buy something online?"

Apparantley I won't have to do much work, as my husband has said he'll make breakfast and cook suppers on the barbecue. The ingredients he will need will just magically appear.

I may have gone overboard on books (plus my KIndle with all the hundreds on it).

Francis replied on 22/04/2021 16:59

Posted on 22/04/2021 16:59

WN - We are heading off on Thursday next week just 4 nights but can’t wait we thought we’d avoid the first couple of days and hang fire until the Thursday 

Takethedogalong replied on 22/04/2021 17:23

Posted on 22/04/2021 16:03 by

Couldn't agree more but its surprising how many have  never watched it and still have such strong opinions about it.

Had a fascinating  chat  with one of the location managers who explained how a single episode may have been compiled from shootings in Ireland,Croatia,Spain and Morroco.

Gripping stuff but it does take some attention span and when we have been away from  it a while we often need to recap before starting  a new series we have 7 and 8 in the van and had promised ourselves they  would be watched on the 20 trip  ut as it never happened they still await. 

Posted on 22/04/2021 17:23

Series 7 is a cracker. All coming together. Series 8 is better watched at least a couple of times to pick up all the threads. It’s one we watched as it was broadcast and we did have to watch it again to pick up everything. There’s a wonderful documentary to pick up on as well, all about the filming, the locations, the extras, the costumes etc...... I think it might be called The Last Watch, it’s certainly available on Now TV. There’s a rather amazing tapestry as well, sort of a Bayeaux Game of Thrones that pictures many of the timelines, events, characters from the series. It’s a spoiler though, so don’t view it until you watch the series. I am hoping at some point or other to have a look at exhibition of costumes and props if it is on tour at a convenient location.

We have had a lovely cycle ride again, very impressed with round here for Cycling safely. A lot flatter than home as well, so a bonus for me. Enjoyed looking around the outside of the wonderful Cathedral. It provided the inspiration for the Pillars of the Earth author, Ken Follet, he was fascinated by Cathedral architecture, after knowing little about it. Took to visiting many of the UKs greatest church buildings, and then went on to write his epic story. Magnificent building.

Takethedogalong replied on 22/04/2021 17:29

Posted on 22/04/2021 16:16 by JVB66

Glorious  day for our arrival at FM ,plenty arriving about 40 to 50 per cent in favour of tuggers, but as usual does not look full with the big pitches, ,those we were going to visits on othe sites in East Anglia have decided to come and stay here so we are now here for 20nights👍Which saves having to break camp and set up else where👌

Posted on 22/04/2021 17:29

Which side are you on JV. We are on East side, do you want to say hello before we head off tomorrow? We can yell at each other across the road😁

milliehull replied on 22/04/2021 17:44

Posted on 22/04/2021 17:23 by Takethedogalong

Series 7 is a cracker. All coming together. Series 8 is better watched at least a couple of times to pick up all the threads. It’s one we watched as it was broadcast and we did have to watch it again to pick up everything. There’s a wonderful documentary to pick up on as well, all about the filming, the locations, the extras, the costumes etc...... I think it might be called The Last Watch, it’s certainly available on Now TV. There’s a rather amazing tapestry as well, sort of a Bayeaux Game of Thrones that pictures many of the timelines, events, characters from the series. It’s a spoiler though, so don’t view it until you watch the series. I am hoping at some point or other to have a look at exhibition of costumes and props if it is on tour at a convenient location.

We have had a lovely cycle ride again, very impressed with round here for Cycling safely. A lot flatter than home as well, so a bonus for me. Enjoyed looking around the outside of the wonderful Cathedral. It provided the inspiration for the Pillars of the Earth author, Ken Follet, he was fascinated by Cathedral architecture, after knowing little about it. Took to visiting many of the UKs greatest church buildings, and then went on to write his epic story. Magnificent building.

Posted on 22/04/2021 17:44

Glad you got to see the outside of the cathedral tda. There are some wonderful old medieval walls in the precints, the remains of the old monastery buildings destroyed during the Reformation. I could give you a tour of the inside of the cathedral (ground floor) next time you are in the area if you would be interested and I am around.

moulesy replied on 22/04/2021 17:50

Posted on 22/04/2021 14:49 by brue

We've followed in Moulesy's footsteps along the cliffs of Chapel Porth this morning. Stopping for a Croque Monsieur and coffee en route, we needed it, the winds were very strong and not very safe around the cliff edges so more energy needed. Saw a pair of choughs on one of the old wheel houses. Had to carry the dog half way, her little legs can only take so much but she did well..so did we, the paths are crumbly in some places, very dry and slippy. The cliffs are tinder dry, 42 mph winds.

Posted on 22/04/2021 17:50

Shame we missed you, brue. Where are you staying?

We always keep an eye out for the choughs - have seen some on the rather exposed cliff tops between Holywell and Penhale Camp, but never on the stretch near St Agnes.

It was indeed a very strong and cold wind this morning - almost got caught out driving up to the dunes - the first half of one of the new lodges was being delivered to the site and we only just made it out in time. Fascinating to watch all the manoeuvring,  but maybe not for the folks held up on their way to work or school as the road was blocked for quite a time. frown

Home now for a brief visit before the off again! wink

Takethedogalong replied on 22/04/2021 18:05

Posted on 22/04/2021 17:44 by milliehull

Glad you got to see the outside of the cathedral tda. There are some wonderful old medieval walls in the precints, the remains of the old monastery buildings destroyed during the Reformation. I could give you a tour of the inside of the cathedral (ground floor) next time you are in the area if you would be interested and I am around.

Posted on 22/04/2021 18:05

Very interesting, we hoped the cloisters might be open, but sadly not. No matter, the West front alone kept us fascinated. Some beautiful old carved gravestones as well. Yes, would love a proper guided tour, it’s a stunning building. Plenty for us to return and see another time. I quite fancy one of those Swan gondola’s on the NV lake as well....good exercise😁

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook