What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DavidKlyne replied on 21/04/2021 21:10

Posted on 21/04/2021 21:10

A couple more here who has never seen GofT so not so uncommon? I can just about cope with Harry Potter and Middle Earth!!!! Give me Line of Duty (also filmed in NI) or Unforgotten anyday.

David

replied on 21/04/2021 21:23

Posted on 21/04/2021 21:10 by DavidKlyne

A couple more here who has never seen GofT so not so uncommon? I can just about cope with Harry Potter and Middle Earth!!!! Give me Line of Duty (also filmed in NI) or Unforgotten anyday.

David

Posted on 21/04/2021 21:23

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

milliehull replied on 21/04/2021 21:52

Posted on 21/04/2021 21:52

Bloodlands for us. Also filmed in N Ireland. The opening shot of the ferry and the pulling out of the car from the lough was filmed in Strangford where our son and family live and the pink house on the hill in the background is their house. Other than that we love The Repair Shop and I love The Great British Sewing Bee. My Mum was a professional seemstress so a lot of memories for me.

DSB replied on 21/04/2021 23:16

Posted on 21/04/2021 21:10 by DavidKlyne

David

Posted on 21/04/2021 23:16

I'm also one of the people who have never seen even one episode of Game of Thrones.  Generally, I'm not a fan of 'fantasy' or 'historical' films.  Not the slightest bit attracted to Lord of the Rings - every other scene appears to involve 'fighting'..... but I did enjoy the Harry Potter series.

David 

Goldie146 replied on 22/04/2021 08:58

Posted on 22/04/2021 08:58

A glorious sunny day, so we've set up the solar panel (suitcase type) to top up the battery before our trip away tomorrow.

I'll be glad if it's warm amd sunny enough to sit/cook/eat/drink outdoors, but we desperately need rain! The grass isn't growing and we've a lot of stock ready to go out. so, please rain (but at night)!

Rufs replied on 22/04/2021 09:16

Posted on 22/04/2021 09:16

Another cracker of a day, this little fellow has been buzzing around for a few days, really good to see but at £2k per 30 mins spin, bit too expensive for me laughing He normally does a week at our local airfield then flies off to somewhere in Sussex .  

DavidKlyne replied on 22/04/2021 10:55

Posted on 21/04/2021 21:52 by milliehull

Bloodlands for us. Also filmed in N Ireland. The opening shot of the ferry and the pulling out of the car from the lough was filmed in Strangford where our son and family live and the pink house on the hill in the background is their house. Other than that we love The Repair Shop and I love The Great British Sewing Bee. My Mum was a professional seemstress so a lot of memories for me.

Posted on 22/04/2021 10:55

Millie

I did try and spot the house you mentioned but wasn't quite sure I found it! I did enjoy Bloodlands, although I am strangely nervous about watching programmes about "the troubles". The main character in Bloodlands, James Nesbitt, apparently is about to appear in Line of Duty, could be interesting! 

Margaret now a happy bunny as she has just been for her haircut, the first one in six months!!! Now waiting for Waitrose to turn up with our delivery.

David

Takethedogalong replied on 22/04/2021 12:10

Posted on 22/04/2021 12:10

GoT is an acquired taste, I came to it late, some three seasons in before I watched it, mainly because we didn’t subscribe to anything, only have Freeview. But, it’s one of those memorable TV events where a huge budget has been allocated and the sets, the locations, the costumes, the acting talent (established and newcomers) came together with an epic story and some great script writing. I suspect that the gore and violence would put off many, and then there’s the high prevalence of sexual scenes in the earlier seasons😯, but it twists and turns at every stage, and has certainly stamped a blue print for dispatching some of the big name actors at a surprising rate. Baddies become goodies, goodies become murderously bad, and it does have some “oh my goodness” moments that come slap out of nowhere. Not sure how well a prequel will do, but I will give it a go

Sunny again here. Another bike ride, this time into Peterborough. We are going to look at the outside of the Cathedral.  

brue replied on 22/04/2021 14:49

Posted on 22/04/2021 14:49

We've followed in Moulesy's footsteps along the cliffs of Chapel Porth this morning. Stopping for a Croque Monsieur and coffee en route, we needed it, the winds were very strong and not very safe around the cliff edges so more energy needed. Saw a pair of choughs on one of the old wheel houses. Had to carry the dog half way, her little legs can only take so much but she did well..so did we, the paths are crumbly in some places, very dry and slippy. The cliffs are tinder dry, 42 mph winds.

Francis replied on 22/04/2021 15:16

Posted on 22/04/2021 15:16

Add another 3 (our household) who hasn’t watched any Game of Thrones have heard a lot about it but never saw it. Glorious day here today sun is out and it’s quite warm so cooking on the BBQ tonight I think. Forecast for the weekend is good too. Booked a couple more sites today just weekends at local sites but though we better book in advance as places here are filling up fast 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook