What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 21/04/2021 15:42

Posted on 21/04/2021 15:40 by ABM

". . . . . just back from a walk and an ice cream . . . . ."

" Might have a day off tomorrow and go for a longer stroll . . . . "

Very strange WN, that there was no mention of a larger ice cream undecided

laughinginnocent

Posted on 21/04/2021 15:42

It wasn't very large for long Brian.laughing

moulesy replied on 21/04/2021 15:58

Posted on 21/04/2021 15:58

"M - The Packhorse doesn't have any outdoor seating does it? You may have to find an alternative if you want a pint and a meal."

There is a small area out the back with half a dozen or so tables. In fact, that was how we first discovered it as the footpath we were walking on goes past it. Where we are staying would mean a drive up there anyway but it's fine walking country anyway. Just going to have a look now on Google! smile

Edit ...and the good news is ...

"WE ARE REOPENING ON MONDAY 12TH APRIL!!

WE HAVE BUILT A FULLY COVERED AND WATERPROOF PERGOLA IN OUR GARDEN. 

IT HAS 2 FIRES AND 4 HEATERS. PICTURES AVAILABLE TO VIEW ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM.

THE PERGOLA CONTAINS 5 TABLES WHICH ARE AVAILABLE FOR RESERVATIONS.

THERE ARE A FURTHER 4 TABLES THAT DON'T HAVE COVER WHICH ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR RESERVATIONS.

BOOKING IS THEREFORE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. ALL BOOKINGS WILL HAVE TO FALL WITHIN THE GOVERNMENT COVID GUIDELINES."

cyberyacht replied on 21/04/2021 16:18

Posted on 21/04/2021 16:18

Me too. Can I join. Amazing that, of the six people nationally that haven't watched any GOT, we are all on Club Together.

JollyKernow replied on 21/04/2021 16:23

Posted on 21/04/2021 15:17 by moulesy

May have solved the mystery of what was being filmed (or preparations for filming) at Holywell yesterday. 

According to Cornwall Live, it's for a prequel to something called "Game of Thrones"!

"The new series will reportedly tell a story set 300 years before the events of Game of Thrones.

It will depict the war of succession between Daenerys Targaryenโ€™s ancestors Rhaenyra and Aegon II, two dragon-wielding heirs to the Iron Throne." 

All of which means absolutely nothing to me since, apparently, I'm one of the approximately 6 people in the country who have never watched GofT! 

Posted on 21/04/2021 16:23

I have seasons 1 to 8 of game of thrones in a box set if you'd like to borrow? Just swerve up through north Devon on your way home!

JK

brue replied on 21/04/2021 16:31

Posted on 21/04/2021 16:31

Two more here for the non GofT club.laughing

Have been in trouble on arrival at next site, we had the right peg on the right corner but not in the right direction..even after checking with others before we chocked up and plugged in. The warden who shook his head didn't help. In the middle of all that our surgery called to book our second jabs, I couldn't get them off speaker phone as I was slightly distracted. An entertaining half hour for the people next to us. wink (jabs on Monday, good to hear about others too...)

So we had a very late lunch and a walk to clear our heads! Warm and dry and now listening to love sick bulls on the farm next door. ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚

Bakers2 replied on 21/04/2021 16:43

Posted on 21/04/2021 15:17 by moulesy

May have solved the mystery of what was being filmed (or preparations for filming) at Holywell yesterday. 

According to Cornwall Live, it's for a prequel to something called "Game of Thrones"!

"The new series will reportedly tell a story set 300 years before the events of Game of Thrones.

It will depict the war of succession between Daenerys Targaryenโ€™s ancestors Rhaenyra and Aegon II, two dragon-wielding heirs to the Iron Throne." 

All of which means absolutely nothing to me since, apparently, I'm one of the approximately 6 people in the country who have never watched GofT! 

Posted on 21/04/2021 16:43

Well we're well passed the six then, we haven't and neither has our son and DIL so that's another 4 

Bakers2 replied on 21/04/2021 16:58

Posted on 21/04/2021 16:58

Clouds just clearing here. Making a start on loft boxes ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ. 6 done, 100's more to go......... I don't go in the loft so have to wait for assistance. Never mind baby steps an I can dispose in the bin and household recycling as I go!

Our loft is filthy too, so doesn't entice visits. 1930's house, tiles onto roof battens. On one of my 3 ventures into the loft, it was to vacuum rafters before we put a lining on the inside. I helped with that and I had to sort a frozen pipe when OH away when we had silly minus figures - so well wrapped are our pipes now they'd be hard to find ๐Ÿคฃ. Shame person who did do the loft jobs is a hoarder and untidy........

Finding I'm tired as things open up,and I'm doing more ๐Ÿคฃ. Tomorrow is dog training, my 2nd jab and then my hair sort out. So many weeks of pacing oneself and eeking the jobs out to make them last and this has been the only 'Free' day this week!

Good to hear folks enjoying their aways ๐Ÿ˜€. Brue sounds like a club site, how did you get your position sooooo wrong??

Goldie146 replied on 21/04/2021 17:30

Posted on 21/04/2021 17:30

Another recruit for the non GoT group. Though we did see where they were filming in Ireland. It was a few years ago and the set had been abandoned because of  the damage caused by one of those fierce storms that blew in.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook