What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 20/04/2021 16:01

Posted on 20/04/2021 16:01

Glad to hear the Scottish contingent may get away next week.

Went to town to pay a cheque in and to pick some library books up whilst the Ladies did a Tesco shop.

For quite some time now our local town has made the main street one way with a view to a permanent solution. However this morning I noticed it's back to the old two way, particularly as an elderly lady nearly got herself knocked down by still assuming that the traffic was only coming from the one direction. No big signs up warning people.

Had a Click and Collect at lunchtime, then lunch and then I finished off the sealing of the brickwork on the east side of the house. Just back from a walk and an ice cream.🍦

Might have a day off tomorrow and go for a longer stroll.

RedKite replied on 20/04/2021 16:42

Posted on 20/04/2021 16:42

We have had a few sunny warmer days after a week of frosts and chilly days so have been busy a bit more of kitchen cupboards painting and then outside cutting grass OH on bigger petrol mower me on the smaller one and then I did a bit of strimming had a few aches after that yesterday and today we had to go our as OH needed more fuel for mowers and the ride on mower then back home and after homemade soup for lunch   I trimmed some Salvia shrubs and OH got the field done with the ride on mower he is happy doing that as he can take his time, no flowers on the wild orchid yet so hope they will flower after the frost damaged the leaves.  We have rain forecast for pm on Wednesday so I will finish trimming the Salvia shrubs and OH can strimm outside the wall roadside as the local council will be doing the rounds with their cutting equipment and are not fussed if they knock the walls so hence we do it instead.

Off for our 1st vaccinations on Thursday and so far we have had 3 reminders emails and texts making sure we do not forget.

Rufs replied on 20/04/2021 16:53

Posted on 20/04/2021 13:59 by brue

Hope you can all have your long awaited holidays! It's been lovely in Devon on our break but still chilly overnight, the hedgerows are just coming out, May will be better. I think this is the coldest April for many years, apparently 2013 was the last time.  We're off further south tomorrow, see what that brings?! smile

Posted on 20/04/2021 16:53

Dont keep a check on temperatures normally but have to say April for us has been gorgeous, the blosom has been out since very early in the month and the Hawthorn is especially splendid and as we have not had any damaging winds or rain most of the blosom is still looking splendid, the Magnolias suffered due to heavy frosts overnight, Apple  blosom is just showing so hopefully did not suffer from frost bite.

I think due to the very clear skies we have had for weeks now, we have been tricked into thinking it is warmer than it actually is as we have had loads of sunshine, top tanning weather in the back gardencool

moulesy replied on 20/04/2021 17:09

Posted on 20/04/2021 17:09

Another lovely sunny day today. We went up to Holywell Bay and walked round Kelsey Head to Porth Joke, where Ralph took advantage of the freshwater stream leading down to the beach to cool down!  Some "top secret" filming going on at Holywell - we were stopped on the way to the NT car park and asked where we were driving to by security folk, but they refused to tell us exactly what was being filmed.

We've also noticed much more blossom on the blackthorn bushes around here, maybe something to do with less air pollution during lockdown?

Bit of a scary moment walking back where we noticed Lady studying something on the ground very closely - turned out to be an adder! Only a juvenile one we think, no harm done, it scuttled off into the undergrowth pretty quickly. We often see signs warning of them but this was the first time in all the years we've been coming here that we've actually seen one!

Mrs M had a text inviting her for her second jab on Saturday but I've not heard yet - we both had the first on the same day,  but she had AZ, I had pfizer so maybe that's a consideration?

Tammygirl replied on 20/04/2021 19:44

Posted on 20/04/2021 19:44

More prep work on the caravan this afternoon, water tested, heating tested, hot water tested, fridge and cooker tested. Thankfully all working fine. Puriclean in the system to be flushed through tomorrow. Toilet header tank half filled. OH just got to sort out bits and bobs like the tv 12v/240v leads surprised can't remember where he put it 

Tammygirl replied on 20/04/2021 19:55

Posted on 20/04/2021 19:55

More prep in the caravan this afternoon, all systems working fine on electric, heating/hot water/cooker working on gas. Just need to check the fridge tomorrow on gas. OH needs to find the 240/12v cables for the TV he can't remember where he put them yell

I stood for a couple of hours ironing, had back ache for awhile but thankfully its gone now.

More rain this afternoon, nothing heavy just wet laughing I knew as soon as we cleaned and polished the caravan that it would rain, sod's law. 

We've had a great April, sunny blue skies no rain until yesterday, chilly at nights but who cares, if its nice during the day, hope May proves to be a good month, usually is up here.

Shopping tomorrow morning then off for our second jab in the afternoon.

milliehull replied on 20/04/2021 20:02

Posted on 20/04/2021 20:02

Our grandson in N.Ireland was confirmed this morning. Thankfully it was live streamed so we were able to watch. It made up in a small way for us not being able to be with them. Cathedral duty this afternoon. About 20 people came in. Hopefully we can open up for general visiting after 17th May and get back to chatting to the visitors and telling them about the Cathedral. Looking through the Norman arch towards Cathedral Square town looked very busy. I think I will give it a miss for a while yet.

DavidKlyne replied on 20/04/2021 21:29

Posted on 20/04/2021 21:29

Yesterday took the motorhome in for its second habitation service and first cab service (only required every two years) They have loaned us a Fiat 500, I noticed today that it has a caravan type plug on the front so I assume it is sometimes towed by a motorhome? 

Been a lovely day here in MK so I took the opportunity to pressure wash where the motorhome normally sits. Also washed the loan car as it was a bit mucky!!!

David

nelliethehooker replied on 20/04/2021 21:57

Posted on 20/04/2021 21:57

Yesterday was perhaps the warmest we've had so far this trip. Visited Hanbury Hall (N/T) and did a couple of walks around the estate including up to the church but didn't do the gardens as dogs not allowed and didn't want to leave him in a hot car. Reprovisioned at Lidl on the way back to the van where it was still early enough to get washing done and dried out in the sun. Last night at The Old Orchard.

Today had not been as sunny but still fine. Easy drive down to Pardon Hill CL, nr Bishops Cleeve, which is also full, mainly of caravans again.  Gentle walk along the lanes after lunch, and then a sit outside in the sun.

Rufs replied on 21/04/2021 09:09

Posted on 21/04/2021 09:09

Still top tanning weather and blosom still looking splendid cool

Had one text message and 1 email this morning to remind me to get my second jab on Friday

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook