What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

brue replied on 21/04/2021 09:23

Posted on 21/04/2021 09:23

It's a proper Blackthorn spring this year. smile

Plymouth Sound has been lovely, the surrounding fields are full of Larks singing. Sadly the little barn near the site where the swallows nest has been demolished and replaced with a modern house and garage. Things have changed since the site has been closed for a year. But there is a nice "bio-diversity field on site and there are Larks in there too.

Very quiet this morning and we're off soon. 

ABM replied on 21/04/2021 09:29

Posted on 18/04/2021 11:06 by KjellNN

Give me some  credit  CY!!

I think possibly one motor may not be working 100%, it tries  to lift off but cannot quite make it.  Apparently it just fell out of the sky a few weeks back, though son reckons a bird may have attacked it.  
2 of the 4 rotor arms were damaged and have been replaced and I have repaired the circuit board where the wires were ripped off.  Possibly the damage was more extensive than he reckoned and he needs to replace the other 2.

I have done my best, so it is up to him now!

Posted on 21/04/2021 09:29

If all else fails, KjellNN, you could always seek guidance from those Klever Klogs at NASA  'coz they seem to be rather good at handling remote controlled flying wotsits smile

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 21/04/2021 09:49

Posted on 21/04/2021 09:23 by brue

It's a proper Blackthorn spring this year. smile

Plymouth Sound has been lovely, the surrounding fields are full of Larks singing. Sadly the little barn near the site where the swallows nest has been demolished and replaced with a modern house and garage. Things have changed since the site has been closed for a year. But there is a nice "bio-diversity field on site and there are Larks in there too.

Very quiet this morning and we're off soon. 

Posted on 21/04/2021 09:49

Which equates to a good Sloe Gin/Vodka/Whisky year further down the line👍🏻

moulesy replied on 21/04/2021 15:17

Posted on 21/04/2021 15:17

May have solved the mystery of what was being filmed (or preparations for filming) at Holywell yesterday. 

According to Cornwall Live, it's for a prequel to something called "Game of Thrones"!

"The new series will reportedly tell a story set 300 years before the events of Game of Thrones.

It will depict the war of succession between Daenerys Targaryen’s ancestors Rhaenyra and Aegon II, two dragon-wielding heirs to the Iron Throne." 

All of which means absolutely nothing to me since, apparently, I'm one of the approximately 6 people in the country who have never watched GofT! 

moulesy replied on 21/04/2021 15:22

Posted on 21/04/2021 15:22

Another lovely day down here today. Took our lunch up to Pentire Head looking down over an unusually empty Crantock beach, and then a stroll along Fistral. Just a few "tidying up" jobs to do before we head home tomorrow, ready for appointments with hairdresser/barber (hurrah!) and hygienist (boo!) on Friday.

Mrs M has her second jab on Saturday then a week at home before heading up to our week in the Peak District. (Must check if The Packhorse at Little Longstone is open again yet.)

Tinwheeler replied on 21/04/2021 15:26

Posted on 21/04/2021 15:17 by moulesy

May have solved the mystery of what was being filmed (or preparations for filming) at Holywell yesterday. 

According to Cornwall Live, it's for a prequel to something called "Game of Thrones"!

"The new series will reportedly tell a story set 300 years before the events of Game of Thrones.

It will depict the war of succession between Daenerys Targaryen’s ancestors Rhaenyra and Aegon II, two dragon-wielding heirs to the Iron Throne." 

All of which means absolutely nothing to me since, apparently, I'm one of the approximately 6 people in the country who have never watched GofT! 

Posted on 21/04/2021 15:26

There's a coincidence as I'm another of the 6. All I know is that Sean Bean, he of yelling Yorkshire Tea at us, went around warning that "winter is coming" in the guise of a character called Jedward, or some such name. 🤷🏻‍♂️

One of the Bond films was filmed at Holywell Bay and the Eden Project. Quantum of Solace, I think.

Tammygirl replied on 21/04/2021 15:30

Posted on 21/04/2021 15:30

I'm another of the 6 laughing TW you know more than me regards it.

Beautiful day today, wall to wall blue skies sun warm enough for T shirt if out if the wind.

Just had our second jabs smile

Now off to see BIL and sister for a social distanced chat in the sun.

Wherenext replied on 21/04/2021 15:36

Posted on 21/04/2021 15:36

Two more here Moulesy.laughing Completely passed us by.

We had something similar in the lead up to Christmas when one of our local "Halls" was closed off for filming, some sort of Costume Drama, I think.  MiL (our spy) found out will/may be called "The Woman/Girl in the Window". No-one else managed to get a word out of the crew. I think she uses the age old technique of refusing to move and old age stubbornness until they relent.laughing

Had a nice stroll this morning albeit in a cold nippy wind. Got back in time for lunch and then we did some "gardening", i.e. prunning and digging up a dead Forsythia. Need to find something to replace it when we get back from out jaunt next week.

M - The Packhorse doesn't have any outdoor seating does it? You may have to find an alternative if you want a pint and a meal.

Wherenext replied on 21/04/2021 15:40

Posted on 21/04/2021 15:40

We could get a "Non GoT" fan club set up and not talk about the complexities of the plot or the shallowness of the characters.laughing Have scarves and badges printed saying

"Never seen GoT and Proud of it."cool

ABM replied on 21/04/2021 15:40

Posted on 20/04/2021 16:01 by Wherenext

Glad to hear the Scottish contingent may get away next week.

Went to town to pay a cheque in and to pick some library books up whilst the Ladies did a Tesco shop.

For quite some time now our local town has made the main street one way with a view to a permanent solution. However this morning I noticed it's back to the old two way, particularly as an elderly lady nearly got herself knocked down by still assuming that the traffic was only coming from the one direction. No big signs up warning people.

Had a Click and Collect at lunchtime, then lunch and then I finished off the sealing of the brickwork on the east side of the house. Just back from a walk and an ice cream.🍦

Might have a day off tomorrow and go for a longer stroll.

Posted on 21/04/2021 15:40

". . . . . just back from a walk and an ice cream . . . . ."

" Might have a day off tomorrow and go for a longer stroll . . . . "

Very strange WN, that there was no mention of a larger ice cream undecided

laughinginnocent

P.S. / Edit :~~  Cross posted, :--  Can I apply to join the Fan Club, please, cos I'll need a warm thick scarf this time next week, after my Tuesday Shearing !  { And that's NOT a new coach company  }

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook