What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Cornersteady replied on 19/04/2021 18:17

Posted on 18/04/2021 21:54 by Takethedogalong

Belsay is a real interesting place isn’t it Corners? We have been a few times, different seasons. They use it for some good exhibitions as well. Last time we were there, they had all the costumes from Jane Austen film and TV adaptations. I got to touch Mr Darcy’s shirt🥰 Times before that, got to see Stella McCartney’s wonderful crystal horse, first hanging in the old castle, then it had been moved into the new Hall. Very spectacular.

Posted on 19/04/2021 18:17

Yes it certainly is! We've taken the kids there since they were small, the good thing was they couldn't damage anything as it so bare inside.

And of course it is dog friendly too, and I mean dog friendly, not just in the normal sense but the kennels had fireplaces in while some of the servants' quarters in the attic didn't!

JVB66 replied on 19/04/2021 18:30

Posted on 19/04/2021 18:30

Have been on site since yesterday ,,OH says she will now use her buggy laughing  now have 3days to work out how to transport itundecided  before we head away for our first real outing since last year ,this site quite full Al hardstands in use and several grass pitches in use

We have  newby motor caravaners nextdoor who have said with ref to waste water deposal  they have an AutoTrail which has an additional pipe that clips on the waste tap they thought all MCs were so fitted ,what they also have been advised by some of their friends?that it is quite acceptable to empty waste as you travel which ensures the tank is empty 

Cornersteady replied on 19/04/2021 19:53

Posted on 19/04/2021 19:53

A warm day up here, a ride to the Tyne but this time westwards then inland along the former railway line, now the Derwent valley walk, to Consett.

As always the most interesting place along the walk is the site of the old Lintz Green railway station where the stationmaster was murdered after meeting the last train from Newcastle on a November Saturday night in 1913. The case was never solved.  

The last pic is the station in 1910.

Tammygirl replied on 19/04/2021 20:21

Posted on 19/04/2021 20:21

Bright sunny morning with a few clouds but warmer than the last week.

OH decided today was the day to wash the caravan, as usual that means I have to go and help. I get all the nice bits of sealant that have gone black/green with muck. Old toothbrush and silky does the job, just wish he would watch where he aims the hose surprised 

After lunch it had clouded over so he decided it was perfect to polish the van, started out fine then OH got side tracked with something else and I was left to finish the rest, that was 3 sides. As usual he returned just as I was clearing up yell

Still no letter for second vaccine, although one of our village friends got his second one today, he is younger than us but also got his first one a few days before us, he is one letter before us in the alphabet so maybe we will hear soon.

WN you always have such interesting days 😁 I also agree about M&S sizing it diabolical.

Wherenext replied on 19/04/2021 21:07

Posted on 19/04/2021 21:07

Hi Tammy. I could do with some less "interesting" days thank you very much.

Seriously if anyone is thinking of visiting Chester at the moment - Beware. It's hard enough if you know your way around. I'm not even sure the P&R is operating as one of the routes used to take you straight through the City centre to the Zoo from the Wrexham end, where there is a M/H parking area.

Francis replied on 19/04/2021 21:39

Posted on 19/04/2021 21:39

We are booked in to the Chester Club site in October WN. Hopefully the roadworks will be finished by then 

Tammygirl replied on 20/04/2021 10:04

Posted on 20/04/2021 10:04

Yay! We got the letter this morning. Second jag tomorrow afternoon☺☺ that's 9 weeks since our first one. 

Everything now on track to get away on the 26th ☺☺

Rain overnight but dry now if a little dull.

OH got his ' Men's shed' this morning, first a zoom meeting then down to the shed to make sure all the signs are in place for when they reopen next week.

I've got 2 x 50th birthday cards to make, request from a neighbour, so will do them while he is out. 

WN, thanks for the heads up on Chester, we will be down that way in June. 

Rufs replied on 20/04/2021 10:48

Posted on 20/04/2021 10:48

Wow!!! are we missing going to Spain for the Spring, not one bit, just glorious today, walking now just in shirt and shorts, pooch panting, central heating off except for 1 hour in the morning to take the nighttime chill off, solar panels wracking up the Kw = money, some reports say we could have temps in the mid 20''s for May, do hope so, away for most of it,

caravan all ready to roll, even got new tyres.cool Like this time of year, children now all back at school so very few people walking the beach, pooch even had a paddle this morning, not a great lover of the sea, even when i am in he is very reluctant.

Enjoy the sunshine folks, envious of all you's who are probably right now sat having brunch in glorious sunshine cool

Francis replied on 20/04/2021 12:59

Posted on 20/04/2021 12:59

That’s confirmation in that tourist accommodation can open here on Monday so I’d imagine the club sites will be opening on that date too. Good news 

brue replied on 20/04/2021 13:59

Posted on 20/04/2021 13:59

Hope you can all have your long awaited holidays! It's been lovely in Devon on our break but still chilly overnight, the hedgerows are just coming out, May will be better. I think this is the coldest April for many years, apparently 2013 was the last time.  We're off further south tomorrow, see what that brings?! smile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook