What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

JVB66 replied on 18/04/2021 08:37

Posted on 17/04/2021 17:09 by Rufs

Yup been another of those glorious days, Daughter in Spain very envious, Strawberries from local farm shop, big dollops of cream for evening dinner laughing

Posted on 18/04/2021 08:37

Nice strawberries ,Director of sites and  Accommodation of this club should be well up on them,wink as he came from Hospitallity at Wimbledon lawn tennis clubundecided

KjellNN replied on 18/04/2021 11:06

Posted on 18/04/2021 08:28 by cyberyacht

KjellNN wrote " Tried to repair his drone, everything apparently now works, but it will not lift off, so something is not right."

You haven't put the rotors on upside down, have you?

Posted on 18/04/2021 11:06

Give me some  credit  CY!!

I think possibly one motor may not be working 100%, it tries  to lift off but cannot quite make it.  Apparently it just fell out of the sky a few weeks back, though son reckons a bird may have attacked it.  
2 of the 4 rotor arms were damaged and have been replaced and I have repaired the circuit board where the wires were ripped off.  Possibly the damage was more extensive than he reckoned and he needs to replace the other 2.

I have done my best, so it is up to him now!

KjellNN replied on 18/04/2021 11:10

Posted on 18/04/2021 11:10

Grey day here, big change from yesterday.  Our old greenhouse is now being dismantled ready for removal, have given the dismantlers the assembly instructions to follow in reverse, and laid out all the bits of benching that go with it.

It will be curtains for us today.......curtain making for DD that is!

KjellNN replied on 18/04/2021 11:31

Posted on 18/04/2021 11:31

Managed, just, to get the van onto the street yesterday evening, wheels either side of the danger area and avoided getting the jockey wheel caught by just 50cm, unfortunately we did not have anything to cover the drain with.  Van will have to go back onto the drive this evening.

We can easily get one car onto the drive past the hole on one side, but not on the other side, so not so good.  Will be interesting to see what happens with the bin lorry tomorrow!  I put a bin on the street this morning to mark the hole before the greenhouse dismantlers came, in case they did not realise it was so dangerous.

We are hoping it will not be months before it is fixed as it could all collapse into the drain below if a vehicle drives over it.

Tammygirl replied on 18/04/2021 12:41

Posted on 18/04/2021 12:41

First day of no sun for ages, we got a little rain early this morning just enough to wet the soil but not enough to do any good. 

Lazy day for us, got a bit of sewing to do but nothing pressing. Finally got round to making a sun blocker for the MH. Its for the front of the canopy, made it out if 2 x single sheets. Bought the Kadar strip to run in the front gutter, joined the sheets together and attached the Kadar strip, adjusted the length to suit, made and attached ties to fasten to the legs, fitted loops of elastic to the bottom to peg down. Pleased with my efforts and at a cost of £25 compared to what Thule charge is a bonussmile

Only another week until we can go away smile still not heard anything about our second jabs, according to the NHS website if you've not heard by week 11 get in touch with your GP practice. That could be fun trying to get through, then convincing them you are following orders.

GP won't be able to jab as they only do AZ we had Pfizer so I guess they should have a contact number for the centre we got our first one at.

OH muttering something about lunch so I guess I will have to and feed him😂😂

WN, you be careful up those ladders 😁😁

Takethedogalong replied on 18/04/2021 15:08

Posted on 18/04/2021 15:08

Gorgeous day here, lovely and warm in a sheltered spot. Sorted Mums new patio out with her new bench seating this morning. Lovely little spot for her to sit and watch the birds now. Potted up some strawberries as well for her.

Few things to do in MH today. Got the call for second jab as well yesterday, only eight weeks before first one. At least we will all be as immune as possible by time we go to Scotland.

Wherenext replied on 18/04/2021 16:34

Posted on 18/04/2021 16:34

TG, bit late now especially as I've been up them again today.laughing It's OK though as Mrs WN has upped the life assurance.

Why do Graffiti Artists find walls so fascinating? I've spent a good couple of hours covering the bricks on the east side of the house with a brick sealant and I can't say it was an appealing job. Needed the ladders to get to the apex TG. In typical fashion I've run out of sealant with about a quarter of the wall to do and I've done the "West Wing" so will buy the smallest tin I can find.

Just off to the kitchen myself to prepare the evening meal. I think it's Sweet and Sour Chicken with Rice noodles. 

Day was quite warm here with hazy sun.

ABM replied on 18/04/2021 16:49

Posted on 17/04/2021 14:41 by Goldie146

Another sunny day and warm in the caravan when we were getting it ready for a trip out next weekend. It was supposed to be a quick job, put the spare gas bottle in and flush through the water system. But after much spluttering (from the water and OH) we found the Surge Damper was broken at the bottom. So, back in the house and ordered one from Amazon (delivery this Wednesday, when Prima Leisure were quoting end of May). I checked various jars of herbs and spices that were lurking in a cupboard and ruthlessly threw out those with an expiry date older than two years ago.

Posted on 18/04/2021 16:49

Lawks, Goldie surprised, you shouldn't throw out old spice -- don't you know how much it costs ?? At least put it on display by the farm gate with the strap-line ~~ as used by all our animals.  That should get you bonus brownie points if nowt else wink.

moulesy replied on 18/04/2021 16:57

Posted on 18/04/2021 16:57

" ... you shouldn't throw out old spice ..."

No - I'm still slapping it on after shaving, much to Mrs M's displeasure! surprised

The crowds are back in force in Cornwall - at least you'd think so judging by the packed car parks in Perranporth today. But stroll up on to the cliff path and look back and you'd imagine we might still be in lockdown!  smile

ABM replied on 18/04/2021 17:09

Posted on 18/04/2021 17:09

Now back to sensible matters embarassed,  Thin high cloud over the County Palatine today, started off cool but at least no frost to solidify the bird baths, now its up to about 16*C but slowly dropping as the sun disappears behind buildings. I'm going to have to start watering the bushes on a regular rota if  we don't get a steady over-night supply of rain soon. Have to admit that the bushes are sprouting away merrily, even where the birds have worn entry holes to access their perching / roosting baskets ~~ this autumn I'll have to check on them 'cos they do tend to fall apart after a couple of seasons use ~~ restless sleepers these sparrows !

A bit of serious food shopping tomorrow [ Monday ] then a weekly visit to aged Sister on Tuesday before shoving wallet & ALL contents in time locked safe whilst I wander the world studying new teleboxes as well as laptops or similar --  might get "urgent please contact us" messages from the Bank if I carry the cards with me  cry.

Good Wishes to all Travelling Folks if out on the road or just in the planning  / preparatory stages.wink

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook