What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Cornersteady replied on 18/04/2021 18:44

Posted on 18/04/2021 18:44

Warm day and we had booked a slot at Belsay Hall (EH) just north of the airport. The tea room was doing takeaway meals and then a lovely walk around the hall, castle and gardens. Quite busy and the car park does take largish MH (there was two) in the car park. Great to be out and about again.

KjellNN replied on 18/04/2021 20:36

Posted on 18/04/2021 12:41 by Tammygirl

First day of no sun for ages, we got a little rain early this morning just enough to wet the soil but not enough to do any good. 

Lazy day for us, got a bit of sewing to do but nothing pressing. Finally got round to making a sun blocker for the MH. Its for the front of the canopy, made it out if 2 x single sheets. Bought the Kadar strip to run in the front gutter, joined the sheets together and attached the Kadar strip, adjusted the length to suit, made and attached ties to fasten to the legs, fitted loops of elastic to the bottom to peg down. Pleased with my efforts and at a cost of £25 compared to what Thule charge is a bonussmile

Only another week until we can go away smile still not heard anything about our second jabs, according to the NHS website if you've not heard by week 11 get in touch with your GP practice. That could be fun trying to get through, then convincing them you are following orders.

GP won't be able to jab as they only do AZ we had Pfizer so I guess they should have a contact number for the centre we got our first one at.

OH muttering something about lunch so I guess I will have to and feed him😂😂

WN, you be careful up those ladders 😁😁

Posted on 18/04/2021 20:36

Same here TG, we even had to turn on the heating at 5pm!

Caravan safely back on the driveway, and all greenhouse bits removed, the fellows doing it were very  efficient, though I had to lend them a few tools.  

Apparently they will only be delivering the bits, not putting it back together, which makes sense as some repairs/new bits will be needed before it can be re-assembled.

Dentist for me tomorrow morning, then some small tree removal at DD's

Takethedogalong replied on 18/04/2021 21:54

Posted on 18/04/2021 18:44 by Cornersteady

Warm day and we had booked a slot at Belsay Hall (EH) just north of the airport. The tea room was doing takeaway meals and then a lovely walk around the hall, castle and gardens. Quite busy and the car park does take largish MH (there was two) in the car park. Great to be out and about again.

Posted on 18/04/2021 21:54

Belsay is a real interesting place isn’t it Corners? We have been a few times, different seasons. They use it for some good exhibitions as well. Last time we were there, they had all the costumes from Jane Austen film and TV adaptations. I got to touch Mr Darcy’s shirt🥰 Times before that, got to see Stella McCartney’s wonderful crystal horse, first hanging in the old castle, then it had been moved into the new Hall. Very spectacular.

nelliethehooker replied on 18/04/2021 22:03

Posted on 18/04/2021 22:03

Lovely warm day yesterday and we had a pleasant 7+ mls down to the River Severn and back through Ombersley Park. Lots of butterflies about as well as Yellowhammers, and saw our second Swallow.

Today was somewhat cooler and cloudier. Son and DIL, and their lovely 9 monrh old puppy came over to see us at the site. We had a fine walk around the local fields and a good old chat while out walking and back at the van. It was lovely to meet up again after such a long time. 

Good to hear that you have a date for your second jab, tda, and that you are able to make your Scottish trip without any problems.

Hope everyone else who is getting ready to head off have a good time away.i

Francis replied on 19/04/2021 11:02

Posted on 19/04/2021 11:02

Nice bright day here today. New Cadac arrived this morning so built that up just to check it was all ok which it was so good news looking forward to using it on our trip away at the end of next week. We have had our original one for just over 8 years now and it’s been great just getting a bit worn out as we use it a lot while away anyway we are going to hang on to it and use it at home for when the weather is nice and if it’s just us it saves firing up the big BBQ we have plus we can cook breakfast etc on nice mornings 

Wherenext replied on 19/04/2021 16:02

Posted on 19/04/2021 16:02

Not quite the day we envisaged when we woke up this morning.

Mrs WN had a filling fall out of a tooth on Friday evening, just after dentists shut so rang this morning for an appointment. No problem, dentist doesn't work Mondays so one was made for tomorrow morning. Ladies then decided they desperately needed to get some clothes shopping in at M&S in the outlet village near the Chester CAMC site at Ellesmere Port so I offered to drive as I needed to get some stuff from B&Q in Chester. Whilst at Marks Mrs WN got a call from dentist saying dentist had to come in today so would she able to come in just before 12?

So off we went to Chester, which is being turned into a one way system. Chaos but we got there in time and I went off to B&Q and had to effectively go all the way around the new system to get back to dentists. Anyway the work was done as the dentist had an emergency that she had to come in for.

MiL bought 2 tops in M&S. She is a size 12. One, size 12 is too small, the other showed size 12 on the hanger but inside was a Size18 !!!!! It fitted!!!! She is no bigger or heavier than she has been for many a year. Mrs WN bought a pair of Cargo pants size 10. Too big!!!! She bought a normal pair of pants size 12, too small !!!

Both of them are fuming at M&S so looks like I'll be taking another trip to M&S. Joy.

Oh and the Brick sealant I had to buy? Yep, they didn't have any small tins at B&Q. Typical. Looks like the whole house will be done this year.

moulesy replied on 19/04/2021 17:08

Posted on 19/04/2021 17:08

No frost this morning, but overcast skies and a cool breeze made it feel a lot colder for our first walk up on the dunes. No problems parking this morning, yesterday the little lane was packed all the way along, a combination, I guess, of the first Sunday after lockdown, fine weather and a surge in visiting surfers wanting to avoid parking charges down by the beach. frown

Later we drove down to Godrevy (the lighthouse was the inspiration for Virginia Wolfe's "To The Lighthouse"). Last time we were here there were upwards of 100 seals down in the cover,  today just about a dozen or so. Walked along the cost path to the fearsome looking Hell's Mouth. Then back for a picnic lunch and, joy of joys, the ice cream van had turned up! smile

milliehull replied on 19/04/2021 17:47

Posted on 19/04/2021 17:47

As the Cathedral has decided that all volunteers need to take a lateral flow test the day before they are on duty (the staff who cannot work from home already take 2 tests a week) I did my first test this afternoon.  That was fun (not really undecided). It came back negative so all good. I have just spent an hour sitting in the sun in the garden enjoying listening to the birdsong. Glorious sunny day here and very warm in the sun - cool when in the shade though.

Your days does sound 'interesting' WN laughing. I am also annoyed with the M&S sizing at the moment. I hope you enjoy your repeat visit there.

Lovely photos moulesy. Such a a beautiful part of the country.

DEBSC replied on 19/04/2021 18:10

Posted on 19/04/2021 18:10

WN I have sympathy for Mrs WN and MIL. M&S sizing is a nightmare. As you say same size garments often one too small one too big. Dread buying anything there that can't be tried on in store. Will only buy if I know it will be easy to return, a tiresome procedure. Someone there needs to sort out this long standing  problem. We got the blackbird hatching time all wrong, they must have hatched earlier than we thought, they fledged today, an empty nest now. Second jab for us both tomorrow.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook