What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

cyberyacht replied on 23/04/2021 08:41

Posted on 23/04/2021 08:41

WhereNext wrote"...somewhere to put a maturing ISA. The rate has dropped by 75% since taking it out so it won't be earning much ..."

Hardly able to keep up with the inflation rate these days. Perhaps it's all part of a "cunning plan" to encourage us to spend, spend,spend and kickstart the economy. Maybe I should get my C1 back and splash out on a Concorde like Triky. Hang on though, it won't fit on the drive. cry

JVB66 replied on 23/04/2021 09:08

Posted on 23/04/2021 09:08

Just had a call from some friends inviting us to Sywell Aerodrome to watch a Spitfire doing passenger trips and then a display followed by lunch so we have to get a wiggle on it is not a normal event,  

Frosty start and now a cloudless sky👍

Goldie146 replied on 23/04/2021 09:22

Posted on 22/04/2021 21:11 by Wherenext

Goldie - Telegraph Pole Appreciation Book for Beginners?????

My mind did boggle for a minute or two as I tried to conjure up something that fortunately remained buried deep but the reality is even weirder. Brilliant.

Is there an "Advanced" one available as well?

Enjoy your weekend. Seems like you may even get to have some decent weather for a change.

Posted on 23/04/2021 09:22

My daughter gave it me for my Birthday last December, after seeing it reccommended. So far it is unopened..

Takethedogalong replied on 23/04/2021 09:40

Posted on 23/04/2021 09:40

I spotted the Telegraph Pole book as well, our kind of read. I had no idea that there were so many different kinds of pylons either until I saw a reference to someone who went out and about studying them. 

We are off this morning, heading back via Easton Walled Gardens. Had a thoroughly lovely time here, it has been a great choice for us this short mid week break. We haven’t rolled a wheel since arriving either, very unlike us. Got some good cycle mileage in though, which is what was intended. Site has been very quiet, just starting to fill up a bit now for weekend. We are going home with a suntan as well, mind it was back down to zero last night. We had a tap dancing Wood Pigeon on the heki this morning, on the plus side it wasn’t the screeching flock of parakeets we encountered last night😂

RedKite replied on 23/04/2021 12:18

Posted on 23/04/2021 12:18

A bit to add to the telegraph pole info is they used to test pylons at cheddar when we lived in Somerset not sure whether they still do today, that looks an unusual book appeals to us as we have some different poles here a lot more going back to wood and even saw some coloured brown but not sure what material they are using so when we go past one will stop and have a look at home they are mostly concrete for electric and wood or metal for telephone as we do not have underground cables in our village unless new houses are being built.

Another lovely sunny day 23.5C on the weather station so will get warmer later, still feeling a bit woozy from jab so an easy day today but have put washing out.

Bakers2 replied on 23/04/2021 13:03

Posted on 23/04/2021 13:03

Milliehull add me to your list for the tour please.

Goldie I love the sound of the telegraph pole book. Never occurred to me someone designed them  just took it for granted they magically appeared 🤔 until there was a competition on ?Blue Peter? To design one years ago.

I have, well its somewhere - couldn't find it last time I looked for it 😱,  a book on the M25. My colleagues  gave it to me as part of 50th birthday gifts. Tells you all about what you're passing. But that was cos I'd usually got out old maps trying to work out what was what you can see as you go round, on the quiet days at work. They thought it was hilarious but all borrowed it - we were anoraks generally. For a laugh they included one on roundabouts, another thing when driving! 

I believe there are now books on most motorways. My dad would tell us all about rivers, hills old buildings etc when he was map reading as someone else drove, but being  a delicate traveller I can't read the map and travel. But reading a book things sometimes 😉 stick more!

Beautiful here less of a breeze, had to remove my coat for dog walk. Met a friend's 2 daughters and their dog for a catch up too. Exciting days - dissertation to be handed in, well sent electronically, later today and hopefully a fully qualified midwife as a result. Sadly no firsts this year because of the disruption 😢. And a wedding date set for next year 😀. Very sensible they're keeping it to less than 30, church and marquee in the garden. Hopefully things will have settled down by then, seems very sensible as they want to buy a house. No foreign honeymoon, unless Cornwall go it alone 😂.

Awaiting Tesco delivery anytime. Then OH got echocardiogram later this afternoon.

Good to hear Wherenext got clean bill re his scan, OH's was strong so that is one good thing.

Had my 2nd jab yesterday, fingers crossed so far just aware of where it went in my arm, unlike last time when I was flat out by now and slowly recurred over 3 weeks. Haircut too yesterday.

replied on 23/04/2021 14:09

Posted on 23/04/2021 14:09

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

replied on 23/04/2021 14:11

Posted on 23/04/2021 14:11

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

moulesy replied on 23/04/2021 14:49

Posted on 23/04/2021 14:09 by

This "Never seen GoT " discussion reminds me of the often  heard remark from the children "What is it I dont like it"wink

Posted on 23/04/2021 14:49

Well I can add to that - I've never seen The X Factor, Britain's Got Talent, The Voice, The Masked Singer or any number of other celebrity/talent shows but I'm pretty certain that I wouldn't like them anyway! laughing

Oh, one episode of I'm a Celebrity when we were staying with friends who were addicts (the final, I think, but no clue who won.) undecided

"And there's more" .... (whose catchphrase was that?) .... I can proudly say that I've never once been to Cribb's Causeway shopping mall. 👏👏

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook