What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

moulesy replied on 23/04/2021 14:51

Posted on 23/04/2021 09:47 by Takethedogalong

Just looked up that book. The descriptive write up is worth an order alone......😂😂😂

https://www.telegraphpoleappreciationsociety.org/product/telegraph-pole-appreciation-for-beginners/

Enjoy your trip Goldie👍

Posted on 23/04/2021 14:51

We once set a car treasure hunt where all the clues/directions were defined by telegraph poles or electricity pylons. We were not popular at the end, but on the plus side we got to eat plenty of the buffet!  laughing

moulesy replied on 23/04/2021 16:06

Posted on 23/04/2021 16:06

Just back from the barbers and feeling much lighter now! laughing

And while I was sat in the chair being shorn, a text came through inviting me for 2nd covid jab - next Wednesday, so all looking good now for our trip to Derbyshire. 👍

replied on 23/04/2021 16:26

Posted on 23/04/2021 14:49 by moulesy

Well I can add to that - I've never seen The X Factor, Britain's Got Talent, The Voice, The Masked Singer or any number of other celebrity/talent shows but I'm pretty certain that I wouldn't like them anyway! laughing

Oh, one episode of I'm a Celebrity when we were staying with friends who were addicts (the final, I think, but no clue who won.) undecided

"And there's more" .... (whose catchphrase was that?) .... I can proudly say that I've never once been to Cribb's Causeway shopping mall. 👏👏

Posted on 23/04/2021 16:26

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

moulesy replied on 23/04/2021 16:35

Posted on 23/04/2021 16:35

I just judge by the trailers - didn't say I "knew" anything about them! laughing

Mind you, in our house the words "Ant and Dec" are immediately followed by "off"! laughing

heddlo replied on 23/04/2021 16:36

Posted on 23/04/2021 16:36

We are just back from our second vaccinations.  So glad it’s done (for now!), I seem to have been waiting since January for the 23rd April and our second one.  Now looking forward to our week in the Lakes next month.  As our storage has no power or water we took the caravan out to a local CL for a few days this week to sort, sterilise and check over.  It all works, phew!!👏🏻

Fisherman replied on 23/04/2021 16:41

Posted on 23/04/2021 16:41

Had our second jabs of AZ. All seems OK.Just looking forward to May 3 when we can visit and stay to see grandchildren

heddlo replied on 23/04/2021 16:49

Posted on 23/04/2021 16:49

We are just back from our second vaccinations. So glad it’s done (for now!), I seem to have been waiting since January for the 23rd April and our second one. Now looking forward to our week in the Lakes next month. As our storage has no power or water we took the caravan out to a local CL for a few days this week to sort, sterilise and check over. It all works, phew!!👏🏻. Another to add to the non-GOT watchers and like you Moulsey we have never seen any of those programmes either, can’t stand that sort of thing, our granddaughter on the other hand knows them all. Perhaps it’s a generation thing?  What is going on with this site this afternoon??  I went to edit my first post and it has now appeared twice!! 

Wherenext replied on 23/04/2021 16:56

Posted on 23/04/2021 16:56

Had a day out walking and nature watching on the west coast of the Wirral today.

A lot of people out and about either on foot or sur le velo but none on the broken boardwalk and muddy marshy bits we were on.laughing Had a fantastic day and enjoyed the ice cream at Parkgate when we got there. It was a great days birdwatching for us and the first we had done on the Wirral in over a year.

I have a lot in common with Moulesy. I know the shows but wouldn't want to watch them. The trailers are enough to put me off and I tend to read about them in the newspaper's TV section which reinforces my selection preferences mostly. We often get second hand accounts from MiL and I do know about the Masked Singer as Mrs WN joins MiL in her room to watch it. She says it's to keep her mum company but I think she enjoys it as I can usually hear her singing away.laughing Not for me though.

brue replied on 23/04/2021 17:11

Posted on 23/04/2021 17:11

We've had a good two site break and managed to overcome a leaking shower tap and thermostat problem with the heating, not the best of starts.

We managed to get to Buryas Bridge near Penzance today to visit Trewidden Gardens (Gardener's World 2 for 1 ticket.) A bit tricky to enter and exit, a long narrow drive with no passing places so be warned if you try this yourself.

What I didn't know in advance was the site is on the oldest surface tin mining "bals" and probably goes back into pre-history. So the famous tree fern pit is actually sitting on a very ancient spot. The Bolitho family who live here have been around a long time too!

Beautiful spring garden to visit and can recommend the cafe and plant sales too.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook