What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DSB replied on 31/03/2021 15:09

Posted on 31/03/2021 15:09

Caravan roof done.  Caravan front done.  Caravan offside done.  Back and nearside left for another day.  Popped of to shops on the way home for steak...  The Cadac is coming out for evening meal.  Must make the best of the weather befor the Icandic conditions set in next week..... πŸ™‚

David

ABM replied on 31/03/2021 15:15

Posted on 31/03/2021 15:15

Oh luvverly  --  They both opened a treat, Goldie  Quite made my afternoon ~ well I've been window cleaning, with more to do tomorrow, when the sun is on t'other side of the residence  --  nobody should be working in the sunshine -- that's for drinkies & ice cream !!

I understand how the animals seem to think, 'cos I gave the 'van a run to pull up the battery whilst heading for jab2 and after a few days watching sheep & lambs dining on fresh Cheshire grass , it was strange this morning to see them  all drowsing in the shade under trees and hedges --  just might try copying them shortly  cool

Bakers2 replied on 31/03/2021 15:42

Posted on 31/03/2021 15:42

Lovely videos Goldie does put a smile on your face.

Much cloudier day here, in fact it was sultry this morning, just sitting with my cuppa and its spitting with rain. Warm enough just for tshirt but will add more before dog walk.

All you folks being really industrious making me think I should make more of an effort - but I won't. Still weary, possibly a bit of an anticlimax too. Keep up the good work!

Collected my shopping from Tesco, forgot old potatoes and bananas, but end up with 3 packets if ham 😱

Milliehull how lovely that your DIL arrived to help, I hope it's going well.

New panes put in this morning, I'll be able to watch the birds frolicking in the morning and it won't be through the fog! As the weather warmed, it really clouded.

brue replied on 31/03/2021 16:32

Posted on 31/03/2021 16:32

Uplifting visit for us to Abbotsbury sub Tropical gardens on the Dorset coast this morning. Although we met a shifty character in the woods! Very few people there so lovely walk around and picnic. 

Nice to read lots of good news on here, keep up the polishing and painting...we haven't started on our van exterior yet, the outside looks awful! smile

DavidKlyne replied on 31/03/2021 16:41

Posted on 31/03/2021 16:41

End of day three cleaning the motorhome roof. All done except for the few bits I couldn't reach, fortunately not much. It is amazing how much muck builds up under the roof hatches. Although I have washed the sides I haven't yet polished them - might have to wait for another sunny day!

David

replied on 31/03/2021 18:09

Posted on 31/03/2021 16:41 by DavidKlyne

End of day three cleaning the motorhome roof. All done except for the few bits I couldn't reach, fortunately not much. It is amazing how much muck builds up under the roof hatches. Although I have washed the sides I haven't yet polished them - might have to wait for another sunny day!

David

Posted on 31/03/2021 18:09

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Wherenext replied on 31/03/2021 19:28

Posted on 31/03/2021 19:28

Good to read of AD seeing his daughter and Bakers seeing her Grandson but the Cows win ( well maybe not for you 2 but...)

Gave the MiL a lovely day and earned oodles of Brownie points. She had a  relaxing morning then we had a sedate drive to Bodnant gardens near Conwy. Beautiful sunshine but not too hot today. The place was indeed heaving but it swallows a lot and most don't venture far.

The Magnolias are the star specimens at this time of year but we were pleasantly surprised at the amount of small plants that were showing well. Something for everyone especially as they still had a glorious display of Daffodils going strong.

We drove back using the high road that runs parallel to the A55 but way above it in the hills and blanched a bit as we recalled taking a caravan that way a few years ago.😱

Takethedogalong replied on 31/03/2021 20:17

Posted on 31/03/2021 14:31 by Goldie146

"It's the most wonderful day of the year!"

First link is to a Tweet

Click for video!

And this one to Instagram - with words that express what we all feel after a long dsimal winter.

Cows out!

Apolgies if they don't open up for you.

Posted on 31/03/2021 20:17

Marvellous Goldie. Reminds me of when we could turn our horse out into field after a long Winter of barn management. Pure joy for them. I suppose most of English population will feel the same come mid MayπŸ˜‚

Great photos from Bodnant and Abbotsbury. Good to hear that folks are managing safe family meet ups at lastπŸ‘πŸ˜

I am currently sat on our garden swing after a gorgeous hot day here. G&T to hand, the solar lights are just kicking in, no stars out yet, but it’s still nice and warm, t shirt weather.Hoping to see Space Station going over. Apparently, we might get snow here next week, so making the most of this warm spell. 

milliehull replied on 31/03/2021 20:35

Posted on 31/03/2021 20:35

Bakers2 how wonderful that you were able to go and see your lovely new grandson and also to have a cuddle smile.How lovely. Such a special day for you. I hope you have lots of photos to mark the special occasion. That will be a wonderful story to tell him as he grows up - you were able to see him on the 2nd day after the easing of lock-down and in such wonderful weather. The warmest March day for 53 years. Such a momentous day.

We had a day off the decorating today as we were both feeling rather tired.  We met up with our daughter and youngest grand-daughter this afternoon and eldest grandest grand-daughter and great grandson joined us again - we were just within the rule of 6 thank goodness. Perfect weather again as the sun came out as we arrived at Ferry Meadows and as there was a slight breeze it wasn't too warm. The clouds rolled in at about 6.00pm so that is the end of the good weather for now frown I am a bit worried about youngest grand-daughter (aged 11) though as she wasn't her usual happy, smiling, chatty self.  Our daughter said that she had really struggled with this latest lock-down and I could see what she meant. Bless her, I do hope she can be back to her usual self soon. 

Lovely photos of Bodnant and Abbotsbury WN and brue.

milliehull replied on 31/03/2021 21:05

Posted on 31/03/2021 21:05

Our magnolia is in full bloom. I think weceill need to put some fleece over it on Monday night.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook