What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 30/03/2021 09:57

Posted on 30/03/2021 09:57

Gorgeous morning here, nice and warm as well. I am giving myself a gentle day today, last two days, we have worked like beavers, and I am still a bit stiff and aching. Gentle pottering around in garden is the order of the day I think, after dog walking. OH has more ambitious plans, he’s hitting the road for a forty miler somewhere😱 I have him tracked all the way thankfully.

JVB66 replied on 30/03/2021 09:58

Posted on 30/03/2021 09:58

,Moon was very bright last night,  i thought street lights were still on

Sun and no clouds this morning, there was a very heavy dew on first walk with Rosa 

I popped into our LAs yard where they keep all the refuse/recycle vehicles  to see if they had any spare litter bags  ,as we have a problem with rubbish/facemasks being discarded since Schools started back   supervisor advised i was not the first to ask, he gave me loads of bags a litter picker and several pairs of gloves, said just leave  any bags by any litter bin, staff had beed instucted to collect them when on their routes,

On walk with Rosa yesterday afternoon ,with all the kit did not find any rubbish ,but then caught up with some parents and their children on the same mission,they had also contacted the LA and the school (main culprit)and collected a kit as i had from LA yard

Takethedogalong replied on 30/03/2021 10:01

Posted on 30/03/2021 09:58 by JVB66

,Moon was very bright last night,  i thought street lights were still on

Sun and no clouds this morning, there was a very heavy dew on first walk with Rosa 

I popped into our LAs yard where they keep all the refuse/recycle vehicles  to see if they had any spare litter bags  ,as we have a problem with rubbish/facemasks being discarded since Schools started back   supervisor advised i was not the first to ask, he gave me loads of bags a litter picker and several pairs of gloves, said just leave  any bags by any litter bin, staff had beed instucted to collect them when on their routes,

Posted on 30/03/2021 10:01

It was a beautiful clear night indeed last night. I popped out around 8.30 pm, and had a great view of the Space Station passing over. 😁 Moonlight casting garden shadows all night. 

JVB66 replied on 30/03/2021 10:12

Posted on 30/03/2021 08:33 by allanandjean

Same for us, as you and DK, and have also noticed the variety of reported procedures however, both of us, our eldest daughter and another family member we took for her jab have all made the appointments, both first & second, via the NHS website which was very easy to understand and use.

I saw report yesterday that suggested those who have had Covid could see the effects of the vaccine multiplied by a factor of 6 so, having had it last November, will need to extra vigilant re being hit by a bus!

Posted on 30/03/2021 10:12

I would not worry so much about being hit by a bus, more likly to be the "grockles" sneaking down to their second homessurprised

SteveL replied on 30/03/2021 14:03

Posted on 29/03/2021 22:11 by DavidKlyne

We were both given a card with the type of vaccine and the batch number. When we go for our second jab at the end of April I expect we will have to hand that in and the second dose recorded as there is space.

David

Posted on 30/03/2021 14:03

We also received the card. However, I noticed when I checked online (we have access to some of our medical records) it’s all nicely recorded on there. Hopefully if they get round to vaccination passports, it should be fairly easy for them to pull it off, once you give permisssion.🤞

Opticians this morning, as I had noticed a change in my vision. The eye I had the cataract removed from three years ago is the problem. Apparently the the insert lens  has started to fog up, happens sometimes, but normally within a few months of the opp.  Fortunately it can be sorted by zapping with a laser, which should happen in the next couple of months.

Cornersteady replied on 30/03/2021 16:49

Posted on 30/03/2021 16:49

What a lovely warm day. It felt wonderful cycling through warm air again! A ride to Durham then along the Lanchester valley walk to Consett then back along the old railway line to home. The second picture is Terris Novalis and is where the might steel works would have been. The last two are a then and now on Front Street and you can see the steel works in the background in the 1979 photograph.

DEBSC replied on 30/03/2021 17:27

Posted on 30/03/2021 17:27

Beautiful day here so we escaped to Lynmouth. Thought we'd make a dash for it before the hoards decend! Easy parking, Fish and chips on the seafront, game of putting, a stroll along the front and by the river, OH can't walk too far these days as leg not too good since his op. Then a milkshake and home. A few people about but not too many. A perfect day, we probably won't try it again until October as we think it will be too busy this season. Kept remembering that this time last year we were all locked in so enjoyed every minute.

replied on 30/03/2021 17:35

Posted on 30/03/2021 17:35

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

brue replied on 30/03/2021 18:17

Posted on 30/03/2021 18:17

Nice day in the garden, about 22c. We were hoping to see daughter and partner here at the weekend but it looks like there will be a blast of cold air from the north. So will have to wait and see. Looking forward to seeing the Dorset coast tomorrow!

milliehull replied on 30/03/2021 20:45

Posted on 30/03/2021 20:45

DIL arrived first thing this morning with ladders and plank to help with painting the landing and stairs. She said it was legit as she had come as an essential trades person. As well as the landing she did the worst bit - the long drop from the landing down to the hall. Hence the plank. We are so very grateful. Eldest grand-daughter came over this afternoon with our  gorgeous 1 year old great grandson so we all enjoyed a lovely hour in the garden in the beautiful weather. So good to see them all again after so long. It was like mid summer out there. We have decided to leave the rest of the painting for the cooler weather. We are meeting up with daughter and 2 grand-daughters for a walk tomorrow 😊.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook