What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

KjellNN replied on 29/03/2021 19:31

Posted on 29/03/2021 19:31

We do not find we need to redecorate very often, in 33 years we have re- done all the (emulsion) once, 4 rooms, out of 10, bathrooms are all tiled, have been done twice.  I expect if we moved the furniture we would find they all need to be done!

We do most painting ourselves, including the wooden windows which are done outside in Butinox wood stain so last for many years,  but we did get in a man to do all the high up fascias and soffits last year.

Inside we have no woodwork to be painted, it is all varnished, but having looked at my pension increases, 1.7% on my state pension and 0.46% on my company pension, we will be doing anything needed ourselves and keeping the "holiday money" for other things!

Our original blinds, 33 years back, were verticals plus some rollers.  We replaced most of the verticals in 2015 with wooden venetians, rollers are still rollers, 4 original and one replaced twice.

Very  little sun here today, and quite windy.  We had to wait in for the FIT meter reader to come, then I spent the afternoon under DD's floor tidying up cables.  Have installed a light and a socket in her outside store, so tomorrow will be putting in trunking for the exposed cables.

ABM replied on 29/03/2021 20:58

Posted on 29/03/2021 20:58

Aged Sister got her second vaccination on Sunday,  no problems there !! Not even the 'Aching Arm'  syndrome which struck, mildly, first time around. Have to admit tho' that she is not aware of the maker, so I'll have to take extra care on Wednesday when I go to the same place for my second.  It's no problem but I'm just curious as to whether there is any official guidance on which follows what ??

After a late start you all seem to have been oh, so very busy this afternoon whilst I was sat sitting on my mate's garden furniture discussing his t-t-trailer tent which was providing sterling service as a handy table for the coffee cups  wink

milliehull replied on 29/03/2021 21:52

Posted on 29/03/2021 20:58 by ABM

Aged Sister got her second vaccination on Sunday,  no problems there !! Not even the 'Aching Arm'  syndrome which struck, mildly, first time around. Have to admit tho' that she is not aware of the maker, so I'll have to take extra care on Wednesday when I go to the same place for my second.  It's no problem but I'm just curious as to whether there is any official guidance on which follows what ??

After a late start you all seem to have been oh, so very busy this afternoon whilst I was sat sitting on my mate's garden furniture discussing his t-t-trailer tent which was providing sterling service as a handy table for the coffee cups  wink

Posted on 29/03/2021 21:52

I understand we have the same vaccine for both doses ABM. Good that we are getting our 2nd jabs. Glad to hear that you had a nice sociable afternoon.

DavidKlyne replied on 29/03/2021 22:11

Posted on 29/03/2021 20:58 by ABM

Posted on 29/03/2021 22:11

We were both given a card with the type of vaccine and the batch number. When we go for our second jab at the end of April I expect we will have to hand that in and the second dose recorded as there is space.

David

replied on 30/03/2021 08:21

Posted on 29/03/2021 22:11 by DavidKlyne

We were both given a card with the type of vaccine and the batch number. When we go for our second jab at the end of April I expect we will have to hand that in and the second dose recorded as there is space.

David

Posted on 30/03/2021 08:21

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

cyberyacht replied on 30/03/2021 08:25

Posted on 30/03/2021 08:25

Had my second Pfizer eight weeks after the first. Felt a bit flu like the next day as previously, so by the time I go away in the Moho I should be as near covid-proof as possible.

allanandjean replied on 30/03/2021 08:33

Posted on 30/03/2021 08:21 by

Us too . Strange how many proceedural variants there seem to be .22 days for us to second now.

Posted on 30/03/2021 08:33

Same for us, as you and DK, and have also noticed the variety of reported procedures however, both of us, our eldest daughter and another family member we took for her jab have all made the appointments, both first & second, via the NHS website which was very easy to understand and use.

I saw report yesterday that suggested those who have had Covid could see the effects of the vaccine multiplied by a factor of 6 so, having had it last November, will need to extra vigilant re being hit by a bus!

Rufs replied on 30/03/2021 08:52

Posted on 30/03/2021 08:52

"We do not find we need to redecorate very often, in 33 years we have re- done all the (emulsion) once, 4 rooms, out of 10, bathrooms are all tiled, have been done twice. I expect if we moved the furniture we would find they all need to be done!"

Wow!, bungalow we now live in had been completely re-modernised when we moved in some 12 years ago, so all paint was new, this is the second time we have painted it since moving in, but i think the problem has been, the new plaster just absorbded the emulsion but hopefully it is now well saturated. Being close to the coast is great but we do ship in a lot of dusty sand thought Scotland was bad when soil dust blew in off the fields.

Fantastic day again, window cleaner coming today to do inside and out before we put the new blinds up, skint now, will need to go back to work yell

Gdaughters bike in back of car waiting to go and get a new tyre fitted, shredded after cycling whilst flat undecided , used to fit these myself, but much easier to put into repair shop and not that much more expensive than doing it yourself. 

ABM replied on 30/03/2021 09:02

Posted on 29/03/2021 21:52 by milliehull

I understand we have the same vaccine for both doses ABM. Good that we are getting our 2nd jabs. Glad to hear that you had a nice sociable afternoon.

Posted on 30/03/2021 09:02

I'd  assume that as well, Millie, but I was given a choice of three ( 3 ) different centres for my 2nd vax whereas I was just " Told where to go " for the original. So I'm left wondering { purely for my own inquisitive nature } if all centres now have the ability to hold the different medications with the different storage requirements.undecided.

Confused of Crewe

{ Still I should find out tomorrow if I remember to inquire !! }

P.S. / Edit :--

I'm sitting here squinting at the screen 'cos the sun is beating down delightfully ~~ apart from shouting out Brian Get Your Windows Cleaned immediately after Lunch  grrrrr

brue replied on 30/03/2021 09:40

Posted on 30/03/2021 09:40

We haven't got a clue when we'll get our second vacc. and don't know how far in advance we'll be given the dates. Looks like it could coincide with our first attempt to get away so we're hoping it wont spoil our plans.

Cloudier here today but not cold, visiting dog arriving any minute and more jobs to do outside. All the seeds in the greenhouse have sprouted, veg and flowers, so further work ahead. smile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook