What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

nelliethehooker replied on 28/03/2021 19:06

Posted on 28/03/2021 07:55 by Bakers2

Won't say what we did today as I don't want a visit from the boys in blue  However we did seek out a slave's grave, and came home with a bag of goodies.

The mind boggles! 

Posted on 28/03/2021 19:06

I think that I'll just let your mind boggle for a little while longer, B2,  just that it didn't involve any nefarious actions.laughing

nelliethehooker replied on 28/03/2021 19:16

Posted on 28/03/2021 19:16

Ah, I think I might know where you were? Not far from Lancaster? Featured on a very interesting TV programme. End of River Lune?

👍 Do you remember the name of the programme?

Sorry to hear about the speeding fine. I got done near Wrexham speeding up out of the town. I'm always wary in Wales now.

milliehull replied on 28/03/2021 22:06

Posted on 28/03/2021 22:06

Tda. Have they suggested you could do a speed awareness course? OH got caught out in a similar situation a couple of years ago. He had never had any points on his licence in all his years of driving so like you was very annoyed with himself. The course cost as much as the fine but at least he avoided the points. He was surprised to find that most of the people on the course were in the older group. I think the courses are online at the moment due to the current situatuon.

Some of our grandchildren are very excited as they can resume their sports training this week.

ABM replied on 29/03/2021 12:33

Posted on 29/03/2021 12:33

By 'eck  surprised  'tis quite quiet on 'ere today  ~~  have the rest of you overslept I ask myself ??

And answer came there none undecided

Fine, sunny lunchtime, so I will scarper and put out 'Recycling Grey' bin, further annoyance this evening --  You have been warned innocent

brue replied on 29/03/2021 12:53

Posted on 29/03/2021 12:53

It's ok ABM, I'm just looking in, I've been outside, checking to see if the sundial has re-set itself!wink Beautiful day, so am going back outside with some lunch, OH has gone to get building stuff as there's more on his "to do" list.

Hope, if the weather's good elsewhere, everyone is enjoying the warmth. smile

Bakers2 replied on 29/03/2021 13:33

Posted on 29/03/2021 13:33

Yes ABM we are about, I looked in over breakfast but didn't post. 

Enjoying the now glorious weather, we had a blip about mid morning, which coincided with the dog walk, so I wasn't overdressed.

Lunch eaten in the garden and a quick look on here before starting the jobs for the afternoon. Ironing first off 🙁, then gathering bits for a trip out tomorrow which will include Christmas presents and new baby bits 🤞. Feeling quite nervous and excited about doing something that was once considered ordinary stuff.

Right sitting here won't get things finished and then maybe another sit in the sun before getting dinner.

milliehull replied on 29/03/2021 14:44

Posted on 29/03/2021 14:44

We have embarked on painting our hall,  stairs and landing surprised so been busy this morning

There is still a chilly breeze here although the sun has now come out. 

Bakers2 replied on 29/03/2021 15:27

Posted on 29/03/2021 15:27

Oh milliehull that's a brace thing to do 😱. Anyone think we still can't have indoor visits.

Just having my cuppa, after ironing, in the garden. Decided to iron in the conservatory as I've been doing over the cooler months- silly move had to remove clothing as temperature hit 33c. Popped outside to get washing in, and can confirm wind is still chilly, especially out of the sun!

I have to say its wonderful to feel really warm sun on your flesh, well face 😂, it's a whole different warmth to that you have indoors. I'm savering it as forecast for Easter weekend is the opposite.

Hope others are managing to enjoy the sun too. Obviously that excludes folk who have embarked on decorating 🤫🤣

Wherenext you've been very quiet on the power sorting situation, I take it nothing has changed. Hopefully my asking hasn't raised your blood pressure.

Edit a peacock butterfly has just landed on my empty mug, first I've seen this year. So beautiful 

Rufs replied on 29/03/2021 16:41

Posted on 29/03/2021 14:44 by milliehull

We have embarked on painting our hall,  stairs and landing surprised so been busy this morning

There is still a chilly breeze here although the sun has now come out. 

Posted on 29/03/2021 16:41

Decided to spend all our holiday money for overthere and employ a professional decorator to paint the whole of the bungalow, well worth the money himself and son did the lot in 6 days laughing

Glorious day so glad i did not embark on the mission myself as i can now spend my time in the sunshine, cycled to Stokes Bay today, 10 miles round trip so all ok, lots of groups of 6 out picniciing, going to be a manic Easter if the weather holds up cool

Wherenext replied on 29/03/2021 16:49

Posted on 29/03/2021 16:49

Hi B2.

I did get someone who promised in an email to place my tariff onto the one that was promised way back in December and he said it would take 7 days. So after 14 days and nothing happening I made an official complaint to the Ombudsman. Next day I received an urgent "Can you Contact us" email from supplier only to be told that I would have to wait until 2nd.April to get a phone call back. Told them not to bother and just let Ombudsman sort it out.

Blood Pressure actually decreased after I put in their hands as there's nothing else I can do.

Mind you it rose again today when we  had an email from email provider saying our email would be locked as someone has tried to hack into it. Took me an hour this afternoon to sort it out.

Up early as window replacement company here to replace the bathroom window in MiLs bathroom. No problems thank goodness.

We're taking MiL out tomorrow as its her birthday on Wednesday ( appointments that day) so I've been cooking 2 days worth of food, plus we had a Click and Collect for both pet food and from Tesco. Busy day all round.

The howling wind from last night has now settled down a bit. Must admit that I'm suffering a bit with tree pollen but it will soon pass.

Hope the rest of you lot are enjoying the sunshine, if you have it.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook