What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Rufs replied on 28/03/2021 17:07

Posted on 28/03/2021 16:49 by Wherenext

Apparently I didn’t slow down early enough going into a thirty zone and was clocked at 33mph. So that’s my three decade plus halo trashed🤷‍♀️ Very annoyed with myself.

Ttda, I always thought there was a 10% tolerance level for speeding. Bit tough that. Mind you I've often been wary of the Traffic Police in both Notts and Derbyshire. Don't forget to tell your insurer.

Posted on 28/03/2021 17:07

the 10% is not really official but accepted in most cases, except in 30 or 40 mph zones, however, my cousin, ex police driver always told me that you cannot be doing more than 30mph when leaving a 30mph zone, however, if you are doing e.g. 34 mph when entering a 30mph zone but you can prove your were in the act of slowing down. e.g. brakes applied and brake lights on, this would be ok, but this may all be B.S.   undecided

ABM replied on 28/03/2021 17:32

Posted on 28/03/2021 17:32

As the Lockdown is lifted and the world starts moving again, Brian would like to remind TtDA, Wherenext, Rufs et al that the one place where you MUST behave is on the roads in North Wales --  A55 etcetera -- 'cos the Bobbies there do NOT take prisoners !!  Should they stop you then Behave Nicely !!

Wherenext replied on 28/03/2021 17:42

Posted on 28/03/2021 17:42

As we live not a mile from the A55 Brian and see on a daily basis in local news what they have to put up with I can fully understand where they are coming from. Besides which one of our near neighbours has not long retired from traffic duty in the area and he has enough stories to fill a few volumes.

ABM replied on 28/03/2021 17:59

Posted on 28/03/2021 17:59

I'm not in the habit of Bobby-knocking, WN  --  I much prefer to warn the naughty motorists off wink

brue replied on 28/03/2021 18:20

Posted on 28/03/2021 18:20

RedKite. The wool Duvets from Devon are from "Devon Duvets." laughing HERE

I had some spare Yeokens (if anyone collects them?) So had 20% off.

End of advert and there was also a bit of a delay, the sheep must have been on holiday....wink

Wherenext replied on 28/03/2021 18:27

Posted on 28/03/2021 18:27

Have you ever eaten at Yeo's canteen Brue? We were going to try it last time we were down that way but they were closed on the day we wanted to go.

brue replied on 28/03/2021 18:38

Posted on 28/03/2021 18:38

WN. We were due to sample the delights at Yeo Valley as recommended by my sister but lockdown intervened, the gardens are a great attraction as well. Will hopefully visit when things improve.

PS I like your new view, we used to look over that way from my Grandfather's house, happy days!

Francis replied on 28/03/2021 18:42

Posted on 28/03/2021 18:42

Been a bit of a miserable day here weather wise rain and quite windy. In between rain showers I went out and gave the car a wash but apart from that it’s been a day indoors reading caravan mags I has lying around 

Tammygirl replied on 28/03/2021 18:57

Posted on 28/03/2021 18:57

Mixed day here, this morning was dry and cold, this afternoon the rain started, its now pouring down.

We got out for a drive before the rain, still local but its amazing where you can get to on all the back roads.

Neighbours over the back from us having a party outside under a gazebo in the pouring freezing rain, mad or what.

Our next door neighbours were also out putting together a gazebo in the pouring rain, what is it with these folk, they can't have more than 4 people from 2 households at the moment, no indoor visiting allowed, yet today they have had both sets of grandparents in their house. They have banners across their conservatory windows saying " new baby boy" but she isn't/wasn't pregnant. surprised

Winter 10 tog duvet for us just now but we don't heat the bedroom from 9pm on. Summer one will come out probably May time here.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook