What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 29/03/2021 17:02

Posted on 29/03/2021 16:41 by Rufs

Decided to spend all our holiday money for overthere and employ a professional decorator to paint the whole of the bungalow, well worth the money himself and son did the lot in 6 days laughing

Glorious day so glad i did not embark on the mission myself as i can now spend my time in the sunshine, cycled to Stokes Bay today, 10 miles round trip so all ok, lots of groups of 6 out picniciing, going to be a manic Easter if the weather holds up cool

Posted on 29/03/2021 17:02

Sounds very sensible re decorating, might have to go for it like that ourselves. Out of interest how many rooms? Wondering if ours could be as quick..........

Dont worry about the weekend, they're saying freezing temperatures, after all it is Easter 😉

Bakers2 replied on 29/03/2021 17:07

Posted on 29/03/2021 17:07

Wherenext it seems a long while since you placed it with the ombudsman, must be my imagination. Do you get a time frame for them?

Glad window change went smoothly, shame about the wind, not your wind, and your busy day. I find if there's more than one item on the agendas day I'm exhausted these days 🤣🤣.

Many happy returns to MIL for Wednesday 

Sun beginning to loose its heat now, but that's as well as I need to prep dinner. Car sorted for tomorrow's outing, didn't need a trailer after all 🤣

Ps I see you changed your avatar! 

Wherenext replied on 29/03/2021 17:14

Posted on 29/03/2021 17:14

Bakers. you have to wait at least 8 weeks from the date of your first complaint before taking it to the Ombudsman.

Plus with a lot of people now working from home they give the company 28 days to respond before pronouncing, so the wait will go on.

Bakers2 replied on 29/03/2021 17:21

Posted on 29/03/2021 17:14 by Wherenext

Bakers. you have to wait at least 8 weeks from the date of your first complaint before taking it to the Ombudsman.

Plus with a lot of people now working from home they give the company 28 days to respond before pronouncing, so the wait will go on.

Posted on 29/03/2021 17:21

Not as quick as watching Rufus paint dry then! 😇

Takethedogalong replied on 29/03/2021 17:27

Posted on 28/03/2021 22:06 by milliehull

Tda. Have they suggested you could do a speed awareness course? OH got caught out in a similar situation a couple of years ago. He had never had any points on his licence in all his years of driving so like you was very annoyed with himself. The course cost as much as the fine but at least he avoided the points. He was surprised to find that most of the people on the course were in the older group. I think the courses are online at the moment due to the current situatuon.

Some of our grandchildren are very excited as they can resume their sports training this week.

Posted on 29/03/2021 17:27

Yes, hopefully it will be the speeding awareness course. We had to send document back as OH is named driver, but it was me driving. So hopefully they will issue another notice, and then I can do the course. Better than points on license. I don’t want to have to send my license in, as it’s still my original paper one. Apparently the courses are online at the moment, so that’s even better. Fingers crossed I can do one.😇🤞

OH picked up his very first speeding fine a couple of years ago in Amble, a fixed camera. Again, a couple of mph over in an area new to us. His first ever misdemeanour. He said that it was a mix of ages on the course. One chap had got penalised for being 1mph over in a 30 zone. It’s a fine by any other name, but better than points. Some police forces are super keen, others seem to give a little more leeway.

RedKite replied on 29/03/2021 17:41

Posted on 29/03/2021 17:41

We have had a lovely sunny day here 26.2C up the weather station pole phew even a bit warm for mowing but the area around the house done the field will be done next month. Have moved our van to different part of the garden as our friends are bringing their van down on Thursday for about 6 weeks whilst they have a new fosse septic tank installed and other work as well, so 2 vans on site haha their van was ours before they bought it off us so it will be in the same spot as when we had it, good job we have plenty of space, they are going to help us cut down 3 large leylandi bushes at the bottom of the field as they are rather brown and look awful, have decided to keep the trunks and install a small sun canopy on the top of them will give us a different view of the field and farther away from the road.

We will being having our jabs next month on the 22nd and the second jabs on 17th May, OH managed to sort it all out this morning so much paperwork even online.

Rufs replied on 29/03/2021 17:48

Posted on 29/03/2021 17:02 by Bakers2

Sounds very sensible re decorating, might have to go for it like that ourselves. Out of interest how many rooms? Wondering if ours could be as quick..........

Dont worry about the weekend, they're saying freezing temperatures, after all it is Easter 😉

Posted on 29/03/2021 17:48

9 rooms, 2 of which are bathroom type rooms so only ceilings and doors to paint, 1 is conservatory which only has 2 x floor to ceiling walls and 2 x quarter height wall.

Most of the painting is just emulsion, but lots of woodwork, e.g. built in wardrobe doors in 2 double bedrooms etc, all these were lightly sanded, undercoated then satin finished, guys started at 0815 hrs , finish 15:30 - 16:00 hrs which gave us time to put things back and clear another room, they use quick drying non smell paint, so woodwork dry within 2 hours, brilliant, just waiting for new blinds to be fitted, hopefully Wednesday, like living in a gold fish bowl and very hot as lounge is south facing yell

p.s. all windows are UPVC so no painting required

Takethedogalong replied on 29/03/2021 18:08

Posted on 29/03/2021 18:08

Been a lovely day here as well, hot and sunny. We have cleared a big area of garden at Mums today, all set for having a nice safe patio and sitting out area done for her. Forecast for rest of week is lovely, we won’t be venturing far from home though, will just enjoy all our hard work getting garden sorted, maybe sort out a nice cycle ride somewhere. Fingers crossed we get a Spring like last year, April was lovely here last year.🤞

milliehull replied on 29/03/2021 18:32

Posted on 29/03/2021 18:32

Decorating going well so we treated ourselves to half an hour off for a cup of tea in the garden late afternoon. Glorious out there. I agree bakers2 it is so lovely to feel the sun on your face.

A friend of mine who is a keen swimmer went for a swim in our open air lido this morning surprised.

Happy birthday to WN MIL on Wednesday 🍰

Received  a text this afternoon from GP surgery and 2nd jab booked for Friday afternoon.smile

Wherenext replied on 29/03/2021 19:13

Posted on 29/03/2021 19:13

Happy Jabbing Day Millie.

Had a slight change of plan for MiL. As we can't do anything on Wednesday morning we've booked an afternoon strolling around Bodnant Gardens for her. She likes it there although we are always a bit wary as it's not exactly flat but she's decided that she's more than up for it. Weather seems fair with a bit of afternoon sun. She'll be spoilt as usual. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook