What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

heddlo replied on 28/03/2021 09:32

Posted on 28/03/2021 09:32

“When I changed our bedding I swapped our winter duvet to our lighter weight one.”  

We use a 4.5 duvet all year!  In the caravan the 10 tog comes out (occasionally) for Spring/Autumn depending on the forecast.   At home if it’s chilly we just add a throw.  We must have a hot house!! 

Hope the sweet peas do well Millie, they are my favourite flower, but I never have any luck with growing them. 🥲

DEBSC replied on 28/03/2021 10:05

Posted on 28/03/2021 10:05

Oh No Milliehull, not here, not til the end of May 15 tog feather duvet til then and then 4.5 with a blanket if necessary. Along with spare rooms winter/summer swaps and extra duvets for two extra pull out beds and more swaps for the static van our loft seems full of squeeze down bags with duvets in!

DavidKlyne replied on 28/03/2021 12:48

Posted on 28/03/2021 12:48

We keep discussing whether to change to our lighter summer duvet but haven't been brave enough to swap yet. In the past we have tended to sleep with the window closed but during the last year we have had it open on the notch all year, even in winter. So there are times when you need to snuggle down under the duvet if the wind howls in!!! 

David

brue replied on 28/03/2021 14:20

Posted on 28/03/2021 14:20

I'm gradually switching over to wool duvets from Devon, we only seem to need the lighter weight ones, I've totally gone off down ones. I took the wool one away in the van last time and it was just right, our soft cotton sleeping bags have lasted well but are wearing thin now so everything is gradually being replaced. The lightweight wool duvet seems to be good all year round.

This morning we went out for a walk and every single person we met was a newcomer to the village. It's getting a bit disconcerting, we've had four changes of neighbour one side, a holiday cottage the other and now lots of new people who've never experienced the social side of life here due to lockdown. More changes to come when our elderly neighbours eventually move and the house next to them too.

RedKite replied on 28/03/2021 14:32

Posted on 28/03/2021 14:32

A warm 22C here and looks like Tuesday could be upto 26C phew a bit to warm for this time of year. Had a short drive and found a spot for a picnic lunch with views all the way round very nice.

10 tog duvet here I feel the cold more than OH he could cope with 4.5 tog all year round, may change next month, interested in your wool duvets brue whereabouts in Devon do you get them from? friends of ours have 15.5 tog for most of the year yikes a bit to warm for me.

No near neighbours here  3 houses at least two fields away and we have fields around us with horses in, 2 Arab mares ready to give birth fairly soon and looking very sorry for themselves and uncomfortable.

Wherenext replied on 28/03/2021 14:36

Posted on 28/03/2021 14:36

Plenty to keep us awake last night what with the trees in the woods behind us and neighbouring bins rattling around. Should sleep well tonight.

Doesn't matter what duvet I put on. After 4-5 hours I'm roasting. Doesn't matter if I'm freezing when I get in or what the weather is doing outside. Have been having the male Menopause now for the last 30 years! Fortunately it's just a dry heat.

Just had a peek outside the window after hearing the commotion the local thugs are making. Sparrows!! Bathtime always around this time of day. They never seem to come by themselves but bring their mates with them. They're all sitting on the Berberis drying off now.

Wonder what Burke and Hare were up to yesterday.undecided

Takethedogalong replied on 28/03/2021 15:41

Posted on 27/03/2021 22:07 by nelliethehooker

Never had a wander around Exeter, but must do sometime, but perhaps not this year as I guess, like most cities it will be busy for most of the year while people get used to the new normal,should it ever arrive.

Won't say what we did today as I don't want a visit from the boys in blue embarassed However we did seek out a slave's grave, and came home with a bag of goodies.

Posted on 28/03/2021 15:41

Ah, I think I might know where you were? Not far from Lancaster? Featured on a very interesting TV programme. End of River Lune?

I got nobbled by The Plods last week. Three miles from home, not our local ones but Notts Constabulary. They were have a money making day, taking no prisoners. Nothing to do with breaching local lockdown. Apparently I didn’t slow down early enough going into a thirty zone and was clocked at 33mph. So that’s my three decade plus halo trashed🤷‍♀️ Very annoyed with myself.

Rufs replied on 28/03/2021 15:46

Posted on 28/03/2021 15:46

"A warm 22C here and looks like Tuesday could be upto 26C phew a bit to warm for this time of year. "

we have got this starting tomorrow just when we will have been partially let out of prison, just checked the BBQ , having a family bash on Easter Sunday

"No near neighbours here 3 houses at least two fields away and we have fields around us with horses in"

had this when we lived in Scotland, not horses, loads of sheep and we could see the Grampian mountain range from the lounge window, loved it but so cold during the winter months and lucky if you got 8 hrs of daylight this time of year, great during the Summer though, never really dark laughing

Wherenext replied on 28/03/2021 16:49

Posted on 28/03/2021 16:49

Apparently I didn’t slow down early enough going into a thirty zone and was clocked at 33mph. So that’s my three decade plus halo trashed🤷‍♀️ Very annoyed with myself.

Ttda, I always thought there was a 10% tolerance level for speeding. Bit tough that. Mind you I've often been wary of the Traffic Police in both Notts and Derbyshire. Don't forget to tell your insurer.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook