What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 27/03/2021 15:35

Posted on 27/03/2021 15:35

Sounds lovely Goldie, the updated van, and the meal. I enjoyed my time with that Aga we used in Norfolk, but left thinking I still relied far too much on guess work than anything else. You have given us food for thought with our old van, a fold away solar panel might be a good idea.

DEBSC replied on 27/03/2021 15:36

Posted on 27/03/2021 15:36

I keep reading everyone getting their caravans and contents sorted for the get away.Every year we bring a few 'soft' items, bedding etc home from the static for washing and to stop them getting damp, other than that it's just move back in. However, last year we updated to a new used van. At the end of last season we packed up soo many boxes, can't believe how much we have accumulated. The site moved our belongings over during lockdown. When we return we have to take a car load, unpack a room full of boxes and collect breakable items which we left with our neighbours. The new van just doesn't have half as much storage so it could be a challenge. All we managed to cull were a few items from the shed. Going to be a busy time but at least the site will clean the van and the new decking.

Wherenext replied on 27/03/2021 16:24

Posted on 27/03/2021 16:24

It was lovely early on this morning. We decided not to make a mad dash for the seaside, given our new found freedom starts today, as we thought there might be one or two others who had the same idea. So it's back to the old routine until the populace gets rid of its pent up frustration but before you lot over the border invade again.smile

Plenty of normal Saturday exercisers out and about, more cyclists at weekend.

Did a bit of work on the caravan and moved it a tad to help the wheels.

Ordered an 8 tread ladder to help with accessing the roof area for cleaning. I feel a bit better knowing Mrs WN will be safer on it now.winklaughing

Enjoy the caravanning Goldie. You'll be making a lot of people very jealous.

DavidKlyne replied on 27/03/2021 16:34

Posted on 27/03/2021 10:03 by allanandjean

Do you think the Exeter JL a 'proper shop'?

I have been told, by my 'retail advisor' its not-the proper ones are the likes of Cribbs Causeway, Milton Keynes & Kingston!

Our nearest supermarket is 40 mile round trip hence my usual 22000 miles a year mileage.

Posted on 27/03/2021 16:34

I have never been the the JL store in Exeter but looking at these pictures it looks like a fairly standard JL store. What you can't tell is the size and what parts of the assortment, if any, are missing. It seems to have a nice cafe which is generally the first place I head for!!!

David

DEBSC replied on 27/03/2021 16:57

Posted on 27/03/2021 16:34 by DavidKlyne

I have never been the the JL store in Exeter but looking at these pictures it looks like a fairly standard JL store. What you can't tell is the size and what parts of the assortment, if any, are missing. It seems to have a nice cafe which is generally the first place I head for!!!

David

Posted on 27/03/2021 16:57

No, to be fair, it's not very big, narrow and tall. Not up to Watford or Cribbs stores. Cafe not up to much either.

brue replied on 27/03/2021 18:50

Posted on 27/03/2021 18:50

I like Exeter but it's not the easiest place to get into, park and ride or train for us if we go, so we rarely make a visit.

I've had a long chat with a friend on Orkney today, they live in a remote spot but are still nervous about going out! They've had very little opportunity to leave the islands but have had Tesco deliveries to keep them going. I've got family on Sark, I think I'd have felt very trapped there. frown

DEBSC replied on 27/03/2021 19:09

Posted on 27/03/2021 18:50 by brue

I like Exeter but it's not the easiest place to get into, park and ride or train for us if we go, so we rarely make a visit.

I've had a long chat with a friend on Orkney today, they live in a remote spot but are still nervous about going out! They've had very little opportunity to leave the islands but have had Tesco deliveries to keep them going. I've got family on Sark, I think I'd have felt very trapped there. frown

Posted on 27/03/2021 19:09

I used to work from Exeter 3 days a fortnight.Didn't mind the journey at all then, listened to Terry Wogan on the way, then a full day. Now however it seems further to travel. Getting old. 

Takethedogalong replied on 27/03/2021 21:14

Posted on 27/03/2021 21:14

I like Exeter, interesting city. Love the castle area, and down by the river. We are fans of Bernard Knight’s Crowner John books, so find the locations interesting. Fabulous Cathedral, Cloisters Cafe is very nice.

milliehull replied on 27/03/2021 21:44

Posted on 27/03/2021 21:44

Beautiful sunny morning but a very chilly breeze. I washed our bedding and got it and the towels dry outside. When I changed our bedding I swapped our winter duvet to our lighter weight one. OH not happy 😳. Planted my sweet pea seeds while OH planted out our sunflower plants grown from seed. Not so sunny this afternoon. I am looking forward to the better weather next week 🌞😎.

Good to hear that the new little family are doing OK Bakers2. I always think the first 6 weeks are so hard for new parents but they seem to thrive on their love for the baby and the excitement.

Don't forget that the clocks spring forward tonight 🕰

Tinwheeler replied on 27/03/2021 21:46

Posted on 27/03/2021 21:14 by Takethedogalong

I like Exeter, interesting city. Love the castle area, and down by the river. We are fans of Bernard Knight’s Crowner John books, so find the locations interesting. Fabulous Cathedral, Cloisters Cafe is very nice.

Posted on 27/03/2021 21:46

I used to work there now and again, mostly in an office by the river. Lovely spot but manic traffic!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook