What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DavidKlyne replied on 26/03/2021 21:32

Posted on 26/03/2021 19:40 by milliehull

Our local paper has just reported that there is a very strong rumour (yet to be comfirmed) that our Beales store is to re-open in May. It has been taken over by a company called Drapers. Not in the same league as John Lewis but it would be really good to see them back. I hope they keep the name Beales though as we have a very popular pub in the city centre called The Drapers and people might get confused about where they are going 🤣

Posted on 26/03/2021 21:32

Millie

I saw that but when you read more closely it's basically going to be full of franchises so the main company is only buying a tiny percentage of the stock. That could work out OK if you like what the franchises offer but that was half the problem with Debenhams as they were mainly franchise. On the brightside at least it is a shop staying open!!!

David

KjellNN replied on 26/03/2021 23:08

Posted on 26/03/2021 23:08

We have been given a (compulsory) day off tomorrow.  SIL is having a friend plus girlfriend over tomorrow, to the garden, and is worried at what his friend might think about us being there......even though we are actually  allowed to be there to support DD.

DD is not happy about that, but we are keeping out of it!  Up to them to decide together what is more important, but goes without saying that DD is not impressed that her OH is prioritising his mate over the work on the house, and help for her with laundry, dishwashing, the children, etc, etc!

OH has a theory that SIL is looking on DD's maternity leave as her being " on holiday", and us being there when allowed as meaning he is absolved of doing any domestic chores.

Anyway............we  have plenty to be doing here, no doubt OH will give me a list, plus she says we need some shopping......that will be her task.

heddlo replied on 27/03/2021 08:29

Posted on 26/03/2021 23:08 by KjellNN

We have been given a (compulsory) day off tomorrow.  SIL is having a friend plus girlfriend over tomorrow, to the garden, and is worried at what his friend might think about us being there......even though we are actually  allowed to be there to support DD.

DD is not happy about that, but we are keeping out of it!  Up to them to decide together what is more important, but goes without saying that DD is not impressed that her OH is prioritising his mate over the work on the house, and help for her with laundry, dishwashing, the children, etc, etc!

OH has a theory that SIL is looking on DD's maternity leave as her being " on holiday", and us being there when allowed as meaning he is absolved of doing any domestic chores.

Anyway............we  have plenty to be doing here, no doubt OH will give me a list, plus she says we need some shopping......that will be her task.

Posted on 27/03/2021 08:29

Enjoy your day off KjellNN.  We have, long ago, learnt to do what we are told and say nothing when it comes to our sons and partners. 😩🤣

milliehull replied on 27/03/2021 08:55

Posted on 27/03/2021 08:29 by heddlo

Enjoy your day off KjellNN.  We have, long ago, learnt to do what we are told and say nothing when it comes to our sons and partners. 😩🤣

Posted on 27/03/2021 08:55

Same here 😁

milliehull replied on 27/03/2021 09:01

Posted on 27/03/2021 09:01

Thanks for the link brue. Interesting reading. Also thanks for your info David. Our Beales used to have a lot of concessions - some I liked and some not so much. It will be good to have a department store. I hope they make a success of it.

brue replied on 27/03/2021 09:07

Posted on 27/03/2021 09:07

Enjoy some time to yourself Kj!

We have not been able to do anything for our family in lockdown except lend out equipment that often comes back mangled! wink

It has been a steep DIY learning curve for some family members.

brue replied on 27/03/2021 09:11

Posted on 27/03/2021 09:01 by milliehull

Thanks for the link brue. Interesting reading. Also thanks for your info David. Our Beales used to have a lot of concessions - some I liked and some not so much. It will be good to have a department store. I hope they make a success of it.

Posted on 27/03/2021 09:11

We must have posted at the same time Millie. It looks like the new owners are going to rely on concessions, but it's nice to think you might see the shop open again. I wonder if ours will too, Beales had two large buildings opposite each other in our town and things look very dreary at present.

Bakers2 replied on 27/03/2021 09:27

Posted on 27/03/2021 09:27

Enjoy your indoor time KjellNN - I know you won't be idle 😉.

Text and photo from the new family they made it through the night, with them trying to take 2 hour shifts, apparently it kind of worked 😉. I'm curious 🙈🤐. Thoughts must stay in own head........ Pram has arrived and requires assembly, midwife coming between 8-4. They've hit the ground running, like all new families. I did ask was he sure we couldn't visit today 🤣🤣🤣.

Beginning to get a grasp of what my mum used to say when she said how much time she had and little to do, she enjoyed hobbies and outings etc and her children, my brother and I always on the go! 

Beautiful sunny morning here but chilly breeze, blowing my washing nicely.  Slow start here, just finishing breakfast before going out with the dog. 

Enjoy your day folks

DEBSC replied on 27/03/2021 09:33

Posted on 27/03/2021 09:33

Living in rural Devon we have 110 mile round trip to get to 'proper shops' a JL or Debenhams. We used to love a good shopping spree when we visited our son in Watford. Amazed by the beautiful, newly opened ( must have cost a fortune) Debenhams. Didn't last long, now shut for good along with JL. Also enjoyed shopping at Debenhams and BHS when stopping at our static van in Stratford Upon Avon, or the two large stores at Banbury, sadly all now gone. 

JVB66 replied on 27/03/2021 09:37

Posted on 27/03/2021 09:27 by Bakers2

Enjoy your indoor time KjellNN - I know you won't be idle 😉.

Text and photo from the new family they made it through the night, with them trying to take 2 hour shifts, apparently it kind of worked 😉. I'm curious 🙈🤐. Thoughts must stay in own head........ Pram has arrived and requires assembly, midwife coming between 8-4. They've hit the ground running, like all new families. I did ask was he sure we couldn't visit today 🤣🤣🤣.

Beginning to get a grasp of what my mum used to say when she said how much time she had and little to do, she enjoyed hobbies and outings etc and her children, my brother and I always on the go! 

Beautiful sunny morning here but chilly breeze, blowing my washing nicely.  Slow start here, just finishing breakfast before going out with the dog. 

Enjoy your day folks

Posted on 27/03/2021 09:37

Lovely sunny but very cold wind this morning, thinking about taking Rosa on her second walk now it has warmed up a bitwink

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook