What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

KjellNN replied on 26/03/2021 12:29

Posted on 26/03/2021 12:29

Trying to find out when we can get our van serviced to comply with insurance requirements.  Dealer has been closed since late November so they have a huge backlog as they were fully booked till the end of March.

Apparently all the staff were furloughed, so they did not get our e mail enquiry in January,  but will be starting to rebook cancelled services from Monday but not fully open for servicing till April 26th.  If we have read it correctly, we can ring from the 5th to see what might be available later, but it is not looking too hopeful for a slot before we plan to go away in June.

Francis replied on 26/03/2021 12:59

Posted on 26/03/2021 12:59

KJ - the dealer we bought our van from is down in Preston and we went there for the first 2 years but since then have used a mobile engineer who has been very good. We have used him twice now and he also services my sisters caravan and another relatives MH. It is Caradoctor think he is based in Ayr so not sure if he would do up your way but may be worth a phone call

Wherenext replied on 26/03/2021 13:57

Posted on 26/03/2021 13:57

Kj, might be checking the Manufacturers website to see if they've extended warranty periods due to the Pandemic. 

Supposed to be rain all morning but it had stopped by 9.30 so we toddled off for our morning stroll. Bit blowy but not too bad. We can tell it's Friday as it's windy. Always the same when it's recycling day. Cardboard, paper and plastic bottles everywhere because people are too thick to realise that overflowing bags will lose their contents quickly if not tied up properly. I despair sometimes at the level of Common Sense. We seem to have a CS rate in minus figures.

Bakers2 replied on 26/03/2021 14:20

Posted on 26/03/2021 14:20

Wherenext common sense is a very rare commodity as far as I can see. I'm well endowed 😉.

Recycling here requires a degree to sort BEFORE getting as far as collection. Plastics and cartons go in a plastic bag that they take away and keep, cardboard and paper in different sacks alternative week, sack dropped on your drive, if you're lucky! Box for cans and glass and a container for food waste, see a comments re return! Either brown or black bin, see returning comments. Many consider just leaving said containers out is sufficient rarely with contents secured and if course as you say generally windy on collection day. Plastic either collectively or individually blows into the road and no one can see it, pedestrians leave it and drivers had to run it over to add to the mess! Rant over 🤐

Great news our grandson can come home today no infection 😀 DIL has had infection, started during labour and been on antibiotics so hopefully clear or oral for her now. Luckily their heating fixed this morning! Car seat arrived Sunday and Parm is coming tomorrow. Neither if them work in a just in time industry but it appears they would be capable 🤣

Goldie beautiful calves, lovely photos.

Our Dora is 1 year old today!

Sudden really heavy shower of rain........

Tammygirl replied on 26/03/2021 14:52

Posted on 26/03/2021 14:52

Haven't been on here for a few days been busy at the sewing machine again.

Bakers, congratulations on the birth of your new grandson, good to hear he is ok to come home.

We've had all 4 seasons today, currently we have blue skies and sun but a freezing cold strong wind.

OH busy up in the attic sorting out, he made a right mess up there a few months back sorting out some of the pipework that was knocking. Today he has finally decided as its to cold to work outside he will tidy it up.smile

Must go online and look at specs, I have an appointment for an eye test next week. I'm pretty sure I will need a new prescription, trouble I have is getting petite frames. Still it is getting better.

Don't think we will get out for a walk today, weather to changeable.

Good to hear some folk getting second jabssmile

Have a good weekend all.

KjellNN replied on 26/03/2021 15:42

Posted on 26/03/2021 13:57 by Wherenext

Kj, might be checking the Manufacturers website to see if they've extended warranty periods due to the Pandemic. 

Supposed to be rain all morning but it had stopped by 9.30 so we toddled off for our morning stroll. Bit blowy but not too bad. We can tell it's Friday as it's windy. Always the same when it's recycling day. Cardboard, paper and plastic bottles everywhere because people are too thick to realise that overflowing bags will lose their contents quickly if not tied up properly. I despair sometimes at the level of Common Sense. We seem to have a CS rate in minus figures.

Posted on 26/03/2021 15:42

No worries over warranty .......the van is now 13 years old!

It is the CAMC Caravan Cover policy which states that as we have "new for old" cover, the van must be serviced annually.

Since it has gone nowhere since the last service, we are not too concerned. I will check over most things myself if they cannot fit us in at the dealer.  Unfortunately we do not have a flat area at the house to allow mobile servicing.

ABM replied on 26/03/2021 15:43

Posted on 26/03/2021 15:43

Not sure if I like Brue any more undecided  Followed her link to discover that Santander, Crewe branch,  is not closing ( Good) then saw her post about the Lindt Easter egg substituted by Waitrose { Very Bad } sniffle snivel sob !!

Still I did get a couple or four bags of the thumbnail sized eggs from Morrisons yesterday --  Well I spent a good £8 { eight quid  surprised  } on the pressure wash for the Dukky so the old girl looked lovely 'til the overnight rains came  yell

Wherenext replied on 26/03/2021 15:45

Posted on 26/03/2021 15:42 by KjellNN

No worries over warranty .......the van is now 13 years old!

It is the CAMC Caravan Cover policy which states that as we have "new for old" cover, the van must be serviced annually.

Since it has gone nowhere since the last service, we are not too concerned. I will check over most things myself if they cannot fit us in at the dealer.  Unfortunately we do not have a flat area at the house to allow mobile servicing.

Posted on 26/03/2021 15:45

Ah, ok Kj. Maybe give the caravan cover people a call then. It's entirely possible someone may even have thought about the problem at EG, then again....undecided

Wherenext replied on 26/03/2021 15:47

Posted on 26/03/2021 15:47

Wherenext common sense is a very rare commodity as far as I can see. I'm well endowed 😉.

B2 you did mention that fact yesterday in your clothes rant!surprisedlaughing

milliehull replied on 26/03/2021 15:53

Posted on 26/03/2021 15:47 by Wherenext

B2 you did mention that fact yesterday in your clothes rant!surprisedlaughing

Posted on 26/03/2021 15:53

Only in a certain area though laughing laughing wink

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook