What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

brue replied on 25/03/2021 19:49

Posted on 25/03/2021 19:49

A busy day here, OH laying slabs, I think that's the last of some decent but chilly weather, we've got hail in the forecast tomorrow. Spoke to a relative who had a fall and has broken a foot and a wrist on the same side, similar to a neighbour who ended up in hospital last week after a dog walk tumble...hope there won't be a third incident! undecided

nelliethehooker replied on 25/03/2021 20:04

Posted on 25/03/2021 20:04

As the car was out, following my trip to get jab, we had a short drive and then a pleasant different walk. Lots of flowers out and blossom on the trees. This afternoon I finally got round to testing the mover on the van....worked ok....and moved the van it so that it was sitting at a new position on the tyres.

Cornersteady replied on 25/03/2021 20:19

Posted on 25/03/2021 20:19

Had to be in Hartlepool today - yes I know, jet setting again I hear you say!

I normally take a lunchtime walk by the sea but the cold wind drove in inland and I found such fascinating streets behind the town centre with some interesting architecture of buildings that must have been very impressive in their day but now sadly in need of some loving care.   

DavidKlyne replied on 25/03/2021 20:54

Posted on 25/03/2021 16:03 by brue

Our friend's daughter was a director at JL, she jumped ship a few years back, we wondered why at the time but I think things were starting to change. She was one of the entrants who were originally trained from scratch so they knew the system and the customers.

I wonder what happens to all the "partners" in these dramtic changes and closures?

Posted on 25/03/2021 20:54

Brue

JL have a fairly generous redundancy package, certainly more than the basic,  but it often doesn't compensate for losing your job of course. I would imagine I any of those within say 10 years of normal retirement age may well be able to take early retirement plus the redundancy package depending on length of service. In a branch like Peterborough some of the Partners will have probably been working in the nearby Waitrose and it is possible a few jobs will be secured that way but nothing near the numbers that work in the main shop. Do you remember the name of your daughters friend?

David

brue replied on 26/03/2021 08:11

Posted on 26/03/2021 08:11

Thanks David, difficult times for many employees with companies re-organising themselves. Yes I do know who the person is and hear about her, she is in a similar role elsewhere.

Rufs replied on 26/03/2021 08:43

Posted on 26/03/2021 08:43

"This afternoon I finally got round to testing the mover on the van....worked ok....and moved the van it so that it was sitting at a new position on the tyres"

did ours yesterday, i have to brush the tyres before moving as the chuckies i put down for the hard standing have a tendancy to stick to the tyres when it has been standing for a period and would then grind up through the mover and do lots of damage.frown

going to do my monthly deep clean of the wet room today, we live in a very hard water area and lime scale is a constant problem, we do now have a water filter which has allieviated much of the problem but the black non slip tiles in the wet room continue to be a bit of an area for concern undecided

KjellNN replied on 26/03/2021 09:37

Posted on 24/03/2021 22:01 by Bakers2

Yes rather the opposite to our young man, rather slow......  I didn't want to know but our son was to do something for us Tuesday lunchtime, but had to tell us he couldn't and why, so been 'concerned' ourselves for most of the long hours. I'm going to bed exhausted,  lord know how they feel. Oh yes I can recall that sheer exhaust and euphoria all these years later. But I believe the royal baby arrived Sunday so can't share our special day 🤣.

Thanks for more good wishes. On the card front we're off to the local garden centre hoping their stock of greetings cards are not too depleted 🤞

KjellNN 3 weeks old already 😱. Glad he's doing well 😀

Posted on 26/03/2021 09:37

B2, you have lost track of time!   The wee fellow is coming up on 9 weeks old.  
I have the same problem, cannot believe how fast time passes these days.

Work on his bedroom is nearing completion now.   I have been able to put in all the skirtings, door surrounds, facings, and the doors themselves, wardrobes too, and he even has a cot, not that he will sleep there for a while yet, but at least he has somewhere to keep his clothes!  It is all looking very good, just the curtains to make now.

brue replied on 26/03/2021 09:41

Posted on 26/03/2021 09:24 by Goldie146

Life goes on here, despite all the troubles in the world. Our son put a photo on Instrgarn, with "everything you always wanted to know about calf rearing". Click on the link (I don't think you have to log on - but I may be wrong, so apologies in advance).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM2O7H-hNy_/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Posted on 26/03/2021 09:41

It works Goldie, nice to see the photos. smile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook