What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

JVB66 replied on 25/03/2021 09:05

Posted on 25/03/2021 09:05

Great walk this morning (normal timewink)plentyb of blossom on the tress/shrubs even the flowering cherry blossom in full bloom and the horse chestnuts are getting quite leafy

My daughters partner is up to next month (early retirement) employed by John Lewis and is not suprised about store closures, and has said in the past that several larger stores in shopping centres were on a knife edge  as to viability whith the "greedy"rents they were having to pay ,his job took him to all John Lewis stores around the UK

As for the Peterborough store the "revamp"was more of a change of the store layout as they had cut the size down and handed a part of the store back to the landlord to try to make it more viable 

He said before the virus struck a large proportion of their sales were on line,and click and collect which is also availble via many Waitrose stores ,which may well be available at the waitrose store near Peterborogh railway station ,

We still have our John lewis ,which i understand they own and a waitrose just across the road

allanandjean replied on 25/03/2021 09:12

Posted on 25/03/2021 09:12

"We were concerned about the MK store but fortunately that is reopening."

We will be visiting our daughter and family, in Stoke Bruerne, in May, for the first time since Christmas 2019, and I have already been asked if we can visit JL!

As said by many the real impact is those people who are directly affected, staff and their families, while we, as consumers, can just shop somewhere else.

nelliethehooker replied on 25/03/2021 09:30

Posted on 25/03/2021 09:30

Very early, for me at least, visit to medical centre for my second jab. There and back home within 3/4 hr, including the mandatory 10 min wait after having it done.

DEBSC replied on 25/03/2021 09:33

Posted on 25/03/2021 09:33

I am still missing British Home Stores, now Debenhams and JL won't be there when things open. I used Debenhams for clothes shopping as did OH. I can, and have had to, buy dishwasher and the like online, but not clothes, I have to try items on, feel the material, I think more than half would have to be sent back. If only sizes were more standard, some in a certain size fit, others no where near. I think that M&S clothes will be popular for the older generation when things open up, It's about all that is left. Will miss going shopping and having a browse. All these closed shops will have a knock on effect for other shops when shoppers stop visiting towns. All those staff loosing their jobs, it's all so sad.

brue replied on 25/03/2021 10:09

Posted on 25/03/2021 10:09

Maybe smaller shops will now get a chance to open up again or even some new street markets? Depends how many have survived lockdown. frown

Chaos here, large lorry delivering building materials for OH, Waitrose van due and some parcels due to arrive for me.

Whittakerr replied on 25/03/2021 10:56

Posted on 25/03/2021 10:56

Santander has announced plans to close 111 branches across the country due to the shift to mobile and online banking.

replied on 25/03/2021 11:08

Posted on 25/03/2021 11:08

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

JVB66 replied on 25/03/2021 11:21

Posted on 25/03/2021 11:08 by

We are fans of JL online and store but we have had one or two episodes where customer service has been somewhat lacking and on  our recent store visits the main problem has been finding staff to talk to even at quieter times.

Posted on 25/03/2021 11:21

Many staff have been made redundant to try to reduce costs ,since on line shopping has taken off (source  daughters partner)

ps OT  have recieved reply from RDG ref FIPs and they advise have been sent and as it is  over a month since new issue cannot send more without payment of £15 per card? ,i have sent a replyundecided

replied on 25/03/2021 11:26

Posted on 25/03/2021 11:21 by JVB66

Many staff have been made redundant to try to reduce costs ,since on line shopping has taken off (source  daughters partner)

ps OT  have recieved reply from RDG ref FIPs and they advise have been sent and as it is  over a month since new issue cannot send more without payment of £15 per card? ,i have sent a replyundecided

Posted on 25/03/2021 11:26

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

brue replied on 25/03/2021 12:14

Posted on 25/03/2021 11:08 by

We are fans of JL online and store but we have had one or two episodes where customer service has been somewhat lacking and on  our recent store visits the main problem has been finding staff to talk to even at quieter times.

Posted on 25/03/2021 12:14

I occasionally use JL for on line shopping, we have the large JL at Cribbs Causeway in Bristol or the smaller one in Exeter. I suppose they are the only shops I might travel to visit and very rarely Ikea too.

Through lockdown Boots has proved to be very good with a £25 spend for free delivery and usually arriving the next day.

Today I got an enormous Lindt Nocciolatte Easter egg from the Waitrose delivery as a substitute for a much smaller one....if I was nearer to you all I would share it out! laughing

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook