What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 24/03/2021 19:07

Posted on 24/03/2021 19:07

A grey cold day here again! BUT wonderful news from son and DIL our grandson born this morning 😀😀😀 I guessed right 😇. Arrived safely a couple of weeks early at 6lb 11oz and both he and mum have got to stay in for a few days as a precaution, delivery more than 24 hours after waters broke, so both sporting a cannula and on antibiotics. 

Got a text for OH to book 2nd jab on 7th or 9th, when I eventually got through last attempt 46 minutes. Had a joke with receptionist regarding being busy as a result of texting folks, I do know her, only to find delivery has been halted no reason given so she had earache! 

Some you win some you lose.

KjellNN replied on 24/03/2021 20:22

Posted on 24/03/2021 09:01 by brue

Has anyone noticed that cards are getting in short supply in some outlets? OH gave me an anniversary card last week but said the shop mentioned stocks were low. I sometimes order a card or two with our food delivery but today most were "out of stock." (I keep a supply in at home and order some from a card company.)

Posted on 24/03/2021 20:22

We have had a few birthdays in the family  recently and found that Aldi, Tesco and Home Bargains  all had a reasonable selection of cards on the shelves, but we have not tried to order on line.  In an emergency we use a free on line service, which the grandchildren seem to find amusing.

milliehull replied on 24/03/2021 20:35

Posted on 24/03/2021 20:35

Many many congratulations bakers2. Such wonderful happy news. Have you been sent photos? I hope it wont be too long before you can see your lovely new grandson.

Our milliner DIL in N Ireland uses etsy to sell some of her hats. I have recently used moonpig for cards and also Cardfactory (which are cheaper). If it is feasable I get them personalised and posted to me, write a personal message and them post on. 

KjellNN replied on 24/03/2021 20:36

Posted on 24/03/2021 19:07 by Bakers2

A grey cold day here again! BUT wonderful news from son and DIL our grandson born this morning 😀😀😀 I guessed right 😇. Arrived safely a couple of weeks early at 6lb 11oz and both he and mum have got to stay in for a few days as a precaution, delivery more than 24 hours after waters broke, so both sporting a cannula and on antibiotics. 

Got a text for OH to book 2nd jab on 7th or 9th, when I eventually got through last attempt 46 minutes. Had a joke with receptionist regarding being busy as a result of texting folks, I do know her, only to find delivery has been halted no reason given so she had earache! 

Some you win some you lose.

Posted on 24/03/2021 20:36

Great news B2,  congratulations to all involved.  He will soon catch up, our little Nathan was 3 weeks early, in similar circumstances, and has grown a lot, now almost 8 weeks old and 7cm longer and almost 2 kg heavier than he was when he arrived.

milliehull replied on 24/03/2021 20:56

Posted on 24/03/2021 20:56

I am feeling devastated as John Lewis have today announced that they are closing our lovely newly reburished JL store. It was really the only reason I went into Queensgate. I cant imagine a shopping trip without it - browsing, shopping, coffee or lunch with family or friends in their cafe 😪

KjellNN replied on 24/03/2021 21:03

Posted on 24/03/2021 21:03

I saw that Millie, I was surprised too.    We will lose the Aberdeen store, but keep Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Bakers2 replied on 24/03/2021 21:18

Posted on 24/03/2021 21:18

Thank you for your good wishes, it was lovely news in these times. 

We have one photo at the mo. We think hes the image of his dad 😉. Hoping we can get to go for a stare 🤣🤣 once they're home or next week. Saves us having to be Billy no mates when everyone else goes out to play as we won't need to isolate just in case 😀

DIL's mum also devastated at loss of John Lewis Peterborough only reason she went into peterborough apparently. Ours, only opened 2016 and very small compared to many - I was most disappointed when I first went, is safe - for now.

milliehull replied on 24/03/2021 21:20

Posted on 24/03/2021 21:20

Sad days KjellNN. We are now all supposed to shop online which I find soul destroying. Good to hear that your new grandson is doing well.

brue replied on 24/03/2021 21:22

Posted on 24/03/2021 21:22

Congratulations B2, lovely news for all of you. Hope you can soon see the new arrival!

Millie, I'm sorry about your JL, we've lost our Beales dept. store and there's very little left of interest in our local town shop-wise just a few coffee shops and M&S. There's a small JL down in Exeter but we rarely go down there.

Our local theatre has a big planned expansion and that will spoil it for me because I always felt it was just the right size to feel comfortable. So all change and not for the better! (If and when all these things can open up safely.)

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook