What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DEBSC replied on 23/03/2021 20:04

Posted on 23/03/2021 16:36 by Bakers2

Sounds nice DEBSC let us know what it tastes like. I've not made many cakes lately for the same reason!

Live predictive/corrective text. I hope your blackboard is very comfy in its new abode 🤣🤣. Let's hope you find a decent cat scarer.

Our pest control man removed all our traps, very little bait taken bit we've not seen any rats for over a week. Pest control visited for 5 weeks and if we see again in next 3 weeks they'll be no extra charge.

Posted on 23/03/2021 20:04

Bakers2 It is very yummy, worth making. Also very rich, really need the family here to share it, hopefully soon.

DavidKlyne replied on 23/03/2021 20:39

Posted on 23/03/2021 20:39

Better day here in MK today, makes a change from grey! We actually ventured out to a supermarket today for the first time since early December from memory. It was a Morrisons which has nice wide aisles and fortunately not too busy so less stressful than we imagined it would be. Neat Feet coming tomorrow, aka Vicky our chiropodist.

David 

nelliethehooker replied on 23/03/2021 21:48

Posted on 22/03/2021 21:48 by Rocky 2 buckets

North West Nells?, I wonder if the Parakeets can handle the noise😂

Posted on 23/03/2021 21:48

It's because of the noise that they make that I hope they don't make it up here, in our lovely quiet county.

nelliethehooker replied on 23/03/2021 22:01

Posted on 23/03/2021 22:01

Not the brightest of day here fine the quiet north west. Hope the dubious pleasure of another visit to the dentist at lunchtime, this time to have 3 fillings done. It took the dentist 3/4 be to complete the task....no wonder my jaw ached most of the afternoon. Hopefully that will be my last visit for at least 3 months before my next visit to see the hygienist. Went shopping this evening and it was even quieter than normal when we expected it to be busy with more people back at work and not able to get there during the day.

brue replied on 24/03/2021 09:01

Posted on 24/03/2021 09:01

Has anyone noticed that cards are getting in short supply in some outlets? OH gave me an anniversary card last week but said the shop mentioned stocks were low. I sometimes order a card or two with our food delivery but today most were "out of stock." (I keep a supply in at home and order some from a card company.)

Goldie146 replied on 24/03/2021 09:02

Posted on 24/03/2021 09:02

We’re making small steps to getting the caravan ready. We’ve ordered a thingymejig with a USB socket that hopefully we can connect to the two pin plug we found in the back of a cupboard when we bought the (second hand) caravan many many years ago. For a long time we had no idea what this plug was for, then noticed a matching socket. We’ve too many gadgets to rely on Power Banks.

And we’re about to order a freestanding folding solar panel - just so we can go on holiday down the fields in a month. 

All new technology for us. For a long time we’ve just plugged in to the electric supply. 

JVB66 replied on 24/03/2021 09:34

Posted on 24/03/2021 09:01 by brue

Has anyone noticed that cards are getting in short supply in some outlets? OH gave me an anniversary card last week but said the shop mentioned stocks were low. I sometimes order a card or two with our food delivery but today most were "out of stock." (I keep a supply in at home and order some from a card company.)

Posted on 24/03/2021 09:34

Could it be that it is only food shops that are open who tend not to have large card supplies ,all the  dedicated card shops are still closed?

Had a bit of an earlier than normal start today ,misread the clock Rosa did not mind going out at 0630, but i did wonder  until i checked my phone why our local coop was not openembarassed

DavidKlyne replied on 24/03/2021 09:49

Posted on 24/03/2021 09:01 by brue

Posted on 24/03/2021 09:49

Margaret has been ordering packs of birthday cards online. Trouble is that it becomes a bit of " Hobsons Choice" as they are mixed packs. We have also used the likes of Funky Pigeon to order individual cards online where you can personalise them. Unfortunately they tend to lack the personal touch! But needs must!!! Did manage to find a couple of Easter cards in Morrisons yesterday in which we can add some Easter Egg money for a couple of youngsters

David

brue replied on 24/03/2021 10:31

Posted on 24/03/2021 10:31

I was hoping not to send our daughter in Warwickshire another lockdown moonpig card, one that we'd actually written on ourselves.  It must be to do with closures and stock levels as Jvb suggested. 

heddlo replied on 24/03/2021 11:20

Posted on 24/03/2021 11:20

We have been using Moonpig for a while now brue.  I personalise the front page with name and/or picture etc, then ask for it to be sent to me so I can write a personal message and sign, then I post on. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook