What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

richardandros replied on 23/03/2021 14:28

Posted on 23/03/2021 07:39 by cyberyacht

Finally finished polishing and waxing the roof yesterday. Washed down the sides and cleaned all the windows. The original owner had the van "paintsealed" so just a bit of black streak remover and a cursory waxing too do on the sides.

Posted on 23/03/2021 14:28

Yes, you did spur me into action, Cy.  Caravan now throughly cleaned - even to the extent of using an old toothbrush round various bit of difficult-to-get-at trim etc.  Was going to polish it today but it's quite chilly here in comparison to yesterday's lovely sunshine. Plus, Ros decided that we would give our lovely mountain bikes away to daughter and one of the grandchildren, since they have been languishing in the shed for the last 8 years (the bikes, that issmile) - which meant pulling everything out of the shed to get at them and sorting the tyres and various other bits and pieces out. Then it was time to cut the grass. - Roll on 14th April when we  go away and she can't find anything else for me to do.

Wherenext replied on 23/03/2021 14:29

Posted on 23/03/2021 14:29

Good news AD. You might get to see her soon then.

Been getting the caravan sorted out, cleaning water through, seems  a bit of a theme, checking heating etc. Had a late shop last night to Home Bargains to replenish all of the stuff that we  pilfered from the caravan during lockdown to save going out to buy it specifically, such as kitchen rolls, toothpaste, creams, Germolene (necessity!), etc.

Took MiL to Tesco today early on. She wants to acclimatise herself to crowds again.

replied on 23/03/2021 14:40

Posted on 23/03/2021 14:29 by Wherenext

Good news AD. You might get to see her soon then.

Been getting the caravan sorted out, cleaning water through, seems  a bit of a theme, checking heating etc. Had a late shop last night to Home Bargains to replenish all of the stuff that we  pilfered from the caravan during lockdown to save going out to buy it specifically, such as kitchen rolls, toothpaste, creams, Germolene (necessity!), etc.

Took MiL to Tesco today early on. She wants to acclimatise herself to crowds again.

Posted on 23/03/2021 14:40

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Rufs replied on 23/03/2021 14:51

Posted on 23/03/2021 14:51

just travelled 250 miles to see MIL who we have not seen since last September, this was a legal trip we were told, she is in a care home in Watford, OH had to take a covid test in the car park, wait 30 mins for result, don face mask, apron, gloves and then was allowed to see MIL for 1 hour, myself and pooch waited in the car, did not fancy roaming around as everybody seemed to have a face mask on, first time i have been out of Stubbington since September,

OH said visit was perfect no hassle no fuss, helped MIL with her lunch, all good. Unfortunately as a result of what we think was long covid MIL tends to be away with the fairies quite a bit , but as of today we can start weekly visits, but only 1 person.

Rufs replied on 23/03/2021 14:58

Posted on 23/03/2021 14:58

Cracking day again, long may this continue, people out in just vest tops etc, chiily in shade, this is one of the Border Force vessels, they have stepped up patrols just now because the channel is very calm so conditions just right for the people smugglers

Bakers2 replied on 23/03/2021 15:38

Posted on 23/03/2021 15:38

Glorious but chilly here too today. 😀🌞. Folks out in shorts and flip flops as well as sleeveless tops but I think the breeze is keen.

Lovely almost dry ground dog walk, rescued dogs ball, which sinks, from the edge of the lake. Dog happy me impressed. Only on my next throw to tangle it in a tree 😱. Dog not impressed. She has been to the groomers, looks very posh and smells wonderful. So much wet walking meant she did have a stagnant pond whiff when feet were damp 😱😱😱.

The hawthorn is coming along nicely in sheltered spots.

DEBSC replied on 23/03/2021 15:57

Posted on 23/03/2021 15:57

Mary Berry carrot and banana cake made, we haven't tried it yet but it looks nice, haven't been making cakes lately because we eat them, bang goes the diet. Better when we can share them with the grandchildren. A blackboard has decided to build her nest right outside the kitchen window in the Montana clematis. Not a good place, due to next doors two cats. OH now looking on line for a cat scarer. We have one in the front garden to keep them off, it emits high frequency sounds. Now need one for the back, getting expensive, I wish she'd put a bell on them, but hopefully it will stop them pooing all over the garden as well.

Bakers2 replied on 23/03/2021 16:36

Posted on 23/03/2021 16:36

Sounds nice DEBSC let us know what it tastes like. I've not made many cakes lately for the same reason!

Live predictive/corrective text. I hope your blackboard is very comfy in its new abode 🤣🤣. Let's hope you find a decent cat scarer.

Our pest control man removed all our traps, very little bait taken bit we've not seen any rats for over a week. Pest control visited for 5 weeks and if we see again in next 3 weeks they'll be no extra charge.

cyberyacht replied on 23/03/2021 17:47

Posted on 23/03/2021 17:47

Just the two ends to do now. My arms feel like they're dropping off. I'm obviously not as fit as I used to be. My ordinary bike is in need of some attention. Haven't cleaned it or done any maintenance in years as it gets very little use these days. Have a puncture to sort out. May have a real blitz and sell it as it's just taking cup space really.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook