What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 22/02/2019 19:26

Posted on 22/02/2019 19:26

Had an easy, peasy drive up ths M6 to our CL in the Southern Lakes for the next 5 nights. Weather weird. Walked up to Gummers How near CL and looked out over Lake Windermere from the southern tip. Could see "The Stickles". Some people have never seen anything from here in Winter! Brill.

Question for Bakers. Pay attention now. What on earth are "pre-wedding photos"? Are they almost the same as "pre-divorce" ones or "shall we have another date"ones? What do they take photos of? Is it like a dress rehearseal without the actual wedding garb? (Obviously not nudist.surprised). I've lived in ignorance for a long time as I've never ever heard of them. Please explain.

Tammygirl replied on 22/02/2019 19:59

Posted on 22/02/2019 19:59

Lovely day here too, went for a bike ride this morning first one of the year smile only did 5 miles but enough to get the legs working. 

This afternoon I was back in the garden for a few hours, all looking good.  OH finally got round to making a new bit of a fence, only asked him 5 years ago.

Have a good weekend folks.

KjellNN replied on 22/02/2019 20:03

Posted on 22/02/2019 09:00 by cyberyacht

Heating we can replace with a fan heater, but hot water is the big problem, without the Alde working, we cannot go away.

Boil a kettle.

Posted on 22/02/2019 20:03

Not very practical for showering however!

We are booked on 5 sites over 4 weeks, 1 CAMC, 2 CCC, and 2 no facility CLs, so we would minimum have to cancel the last 10 days of the trip.

Going away in March, with only a small fan heater for warmth does not appeal either.

Bakers2 replied on 22/02/2019 20:52

Posted on 22/02/2019 20:52

Question for Bakers. Pay attention now. What on earth are "pre-wedding photos"? Are they almost the same as "pre-divorce" ones or "shall we have another date"ones? What do they take photos of? Is it like a dress rehearseal without the actual wedding garb? (Obviously not nudist.). I've lived in ignorance for a long time as I've never ever heard of them. Please explain.

your guess is as good as mine! Probably easy way to add at least another £100 to the bill 😉. They had to choose a location, opted for family farm hope theres some decent backdrops to detract from sons eye bags 😂😂. Tonight even he said I might have to raid DIL2B makeup to cover up dark circles. I said ask photographer to use a filter.

Bakers2 replied on 22/02/2019 21:08

Posted on 22/02/2019 21:08

Maybe move to the  high dependency part of cardiac ward was a but ambitious. He'd managed to remove his nasal feed tube again, despite promise of his own HCA (healthcare assistant). A senior sister from ITU came to check on him, told her what I'd found and that no nurse in there when he was trying to leave his chair, despite my using a loud voice, another visitor had to get assistance. Saw the matron from ITU ward having a chat and noticed care improved afterwards! ITU were assured that there was cover before they moved him. Not sure when he was last feed and watered before dinnertime tonight.

Apparently I understand he walked about twice as far as yesterday, but he was very tired. Stroke team however didnt appear. Sadly he may have to go back to ITU if bloods don't improve - for kidney filtration, hopefully the fluids that he was finally given about 6.30pm will do the trick before 10pm bloods. Lovely doctors who were very reassuring, but I couldn't get nurse in charge of 4 bed ward to give straight answers! In a way I'd be happier if he were in ITU 😉

On the positive side he recognised everyone in photos except himself, he thought he was his dad! Eventually realised who I was! His sense of humour still there if deeply hidden.

Horrible drive home, fog at ground level making it difficult to see road line, just feels like I know the road well until it came to the test! But plops of rain hitting windscreen intermittently, some huge.

Once again thanks for your thoughts much appreciated.

nelliethehooker replied on 22/02/2019 21:27

Posted on 22/02/2019 20:03 by KjellNN

Not very practical for showering however!

We are booked on 5 sites over 4 weeks, 1 CAMC, 2 CCC, and 2 no facility CLs, so we would minimum have to cancel the last 10 days of the trip.

Going away in March, with only a small fan heater for warmth does not appeal either.

Posted on 22/02/2019 21:27

Can't you swap to sites with showers, Kjnell, other CC/C&CC/Comm sites or CLs with a shower? It's nice and warm at the moment so perhaps it will last for another month or so, fingers crossed.

nelliethehooker replied on 22/02/2019 21:41

Posted on 22/02/2019 21:41

Not the best of days for you both, B2, hope that tomorrow's a lot better.

Glad that you've completed the work on your mother's room, tda, and that she's pleased with it. After OH has completed the work on the roof light you should be ready for the off. Have you chosen a destination yet?

Sounds like a good walk, WN. Did you go up through the forest?

Good to hear that you were able to get out on your bike, TG. Not long now before you set off again, is it?

We went to "Bargain City" this morning. Came away with a pair of trainers and a blouse for her and a PK shirt for me for the huge sum of £25, all told!! Then we had a pleasant walk through Allerthorpe Common Wood.

JVB66 replied on 22/02/2019 22:00

Posted on 22/02/2019 22:00

Sorry to hear that the care OH is falling short of what should be expected since his move, when MIL was in with a shoulder fracture,it was noted on her notes that she was eating well? but another patient advised us that as she could not feed herself ,the food was being taken away by the "staff"without helping her,I went the the nurses station and asked some "pertinent" questions that could not be answered, so went to see ward "manager?" and when given the true facts, including telling him i was taking it further if nothing improved, she was moved to a ward with more staff?

KjellNN replied on 23/02/2019 00:11

Posted on 22/02/2019 21:27 by nelliethehooker

Can't you swap to sites with showers, Kjnell, other CC/C&CC/Comm sites or CLs with a shower? It's nice and warm at the moment so perhaps it will last for another month or so, fingers crossed.

Posted on 23/02/2019 00:11

There is a decided lack of full facility CLs in Scotland Nellie, certainly where we want to be, and not so many CAMC or CCC sites either. OH did find a few commercial sites, but the only one that looked like somewhere we would be happy has a length restriction and could not take us.

However, it looks like, fingers crossed, I may have found the problem.....a loose fuse on the Alde boiler.......it is now working, just hope it stays like that!

Van goes for service next week, so will be checking everything else over at the weekend.

Bakers2 replied on 23/02/2019 06:48

Posted on 22/02/2019 22:00 by JVB66

Sorry to hear that the care OH is falling short of what should be expected since his move, when MIL was in with a shoulder fracture,it was noted on her notes that she was eating well? but another patient advised us that as she could not feed herself ,the food was being taken away by the "staff"without helping her,I went the the nurses station and asked some "pertinent" questions that could not be answered, so went to see ward "manager?" and when given the true facts, including telling him i was taking it further if nothing improved, she was moved to a ward with more staff?

Posted on 23/02/2019 06:48

Yes I was amazed at the reaction of HCA being constant once ITU senior sister had been advised by me and reported back! Far better than when i chatted to the  nurse in charge  of the ward 😉 who never came back to me, but by then i got answers from drs and others . A bit late as I was with him unless I had to step outside whilst they did procedures so still 'watched' at all times.

Had a phone call as I came to bed 9.30pm, he was being moved back to ITU because of potassium levels. Just spoken, 0630, to his nurse he had dialysis, is stable and slept well. He hasn't been sleeping well.

I'll see what today brings. I dislike fairground ride, except the gallopers,  but it seems someone thinks I need a go on a roller coaster! 😂

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook