What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

ABM replied on 23/02/2019 15:27

Posted on 23/02/2019 15:27

H & T,  most  unkind  to  tell  me  you've  bought  some  Lardy Cake  surprised.  It's  my  preferred  Emergency  Sugar Level  Maintainer,  when  I'm  ambling  round  the G D S Fair  tongue-out.  Takes  almost  no  carrying  at  all  wink.

B2,  hoping  &  praying  that  the  standard  of  care  your  OH  receives  from  now  on  is  even  better  than  you  are  hoping  for  !  It  seems  utterly  appalling  that  certain  units  of  the  "Caring  Profession"  just  don't  seem  to  care yell

Goldie146 replied on 23/02/2019 16:04

Posted on 23/02/2019 16:04

Our Gig going is still ongoing. Last night we went to see Megson at Kendal Brewery Arts Centre. I've been waiting for them to come to a venue near us, and it was worth the wait. Uplifting songs, beautiful harmonies, wonderful string playing and interaction with the audience.

One song off their new album was very true to life (they all were) - click on the link to listen.

https://megson.bandcamp.com/track/a-week-away-in-the-caravan

https://www.megsonmusic.co.uk/

https://www.breweryarts.co.uk/

Tonight we having a belated Burns Night Supper. I bought a large Haggis at a knock down price and stuck it in the freezer until we had enough people round the table to justify it. Tonight there will be nine of us, so it's - 

Haggis, Neeps & Tatties. And my interpretation of Cranachan converted into a crumble.

OH may get his tartan waistcoat and bow tie out.

ADD46 replied on 23/02/2019 16:14

Posted on 23/02/2019 16:14

Goldie we're having haggis too but ours will be haggis and bacon rolls for breakfast tomorrow morning. In the caravan on a lovely quiet CL watching the sunrise and birds sing. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Takethedogalong replied on 23/02/2019 17:18

Posted on 23/02/2019 17:18

Thinking about you Bakers. You do have to keep an eye on things once loved ones go onto Wards. I hope each day improves for you steadily, as it should.

Nellie, the heki is fully fixed and back in, saved a packet with OH doing job himself. This lovely weather made things easier. All done from inside MH as well. We have just bought a few items to put in ready for off, but we won’t decide where until we get a weather forecast next weekend, West or East. We prefer North Wales, haven’t been for quite a while, and folks suggested some lovely new to us sites, and most of the big castles are likely to be open. We want to have a look around Dolgellau area as well, as I have found a cottage that might suit for Mum later in year. It could be all off touring wise if weather changes, if that happens I will book a late cottage. We can hunker down round a stove and take the Jeep for a play if it snows!๐Ÿ˜

replied on 23/02/2019 17:18

Posted on 23/02/2019 12:11 by

If he doesn't  mind my answering for him I would take a guess at Cape St Vincent, not the end  of the world but the end of the "old world" , most Westerly point in Europe and next stop America

Posted on 23/02/2019 17:18

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Tammygirl replied on 23/02/2019 18:37

Posted on 23/02/2019 18:37

Another decent day here today, not so much sun but mild enough.

Went for another bike ride 10 mile this time, taking it easy just now to get back into it as we haven't been on them since end of October.

OH finished the fence panel this morning while I was sorting out indoors.

Off to see Mum tomorrow morning, then think we will pop out to a dealers to have a look around. We are not going to buy but OH missed the shows so want to have a look see laughing

Bakers, hope OH (and yourself) has a better day today.

NTH, yes we are off again next week to Lanzarote. We are already planning our trip away in the van though, we haven't used it since October so itching to get away again. 

JVB66 replied on 23/02/2019 18:49

Posted on 23/02/2019 16:04 by Goldie146

Our Gig going is still ongoing. Last night we went to see Megson at Kendal Brewery Arts Centre. I've been waiting for them to come to a venue near us, and it was worth the wait. Uplifting songs, beautiful harmonies, wonderful string playing and interaction with the audience.

One song off their new album was very true to life (they all were) - click on the link to listen.

https://megson.bandcamp.com/track/a-week-away-in-the-caravan

https://www.megsonmusic.co.uk/

https://www.breweryarts.co.uk/

Tonight we having a belated Burns Night Supper. I bought a large Haggis at a knock down price and stuck it in the freezer until we had enough people round the table to justify it. Tonight there will be nine of us, so it's - 

Haggis, Neeps & Tatties. And my interpretation of Cranachan converted into a crumble.

OH may get his tartan waistcoat and bow tie out.

Posted on 23/02/2019 18:49

Haggis is thought to have been first been eaten by the Border Reavers and not an original over the Border "delicacy"

Oneputt replied on 23/02/2019 19:23

Posted on 23/02/2019 19:23

Another brilliant sunny day with temperatures hitting 17C.  Went to Lackford Lakes and watched a couple of kingfishers flirting, fantastic.  

Visited a cousin in Dianne T’s neck of the woods, unfortunately didn’t have time to see Dianne and John.

Back at van and night sky is stunning

nelliethehooker replied on 23/02/2019 19:59

Posted on 23/02/2019 00:11 by KjellNN

There is a decided lack of full facility CLs in Scotland Nellie, certainly where we want to be, and not so many CAMC or CCC sites either. OH did find a few commercial sites, but the only one that looked like somewhere we would be happy has a length restriction and could not take us.

However, it looks like, fingers crossed, I may have found the problem.....a loose fuse on the Alde boiler.......it is now working, just hope it stays like that!

Van goes for service next week, so will be checking everything else over at the weekend.

Posted on 23/02/2019 19:59

Glad that you've perhaps found the source of the problem, Kjell. Hope that it comes back from it's service all sorted and ready for your trip. Enjoy.

nelliethehooker replied on 23/02/2019 20:10

Posted on 23/02/2019 17:18 by Takethedogalong

Thinking about you Bakers. You do have to keep an eye on things once loved ones go onto Wards. I hope each day improves for you steadily, as it should.

Nellie, the heki is fully fixed and back in, saved a packet with OH doing job himself. This lovely weather made things easier. All done from inside MH as well. We have just bought a few items to put in ready for off, but we wonโ€™t decide where until we get a weather forecast next weekend, West or East. We prefer North Wales, havenโ€™t been for quite a while, and folks suggested some lovely new to us sites, and most of the big castles are likely to be open. We want to have a look around Dolgellau area as well, as I have found a cottage that might suit for Mum later in year. It could be all off touring wise if weather changes, if that happens I will book a late cottage. We can hunker down round a stove and take the Jeep for a play if it snows!๐Ÿ˜

Posted on 23/02/2019 20:10

Good to hear that OH has fixed the Heki. By the look of the forecast the next couple of weeks promise to be fine. We're trying to decide if we should go to Wales or Scotland after Easter, so we too are looking for sites in both areas and the very long distant forecast. Should you go to Wales and find some good sites it would be good if you could point them out to us, you know the type we like.wink

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook