What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

replied on 23/02/2019 07:55

Posted on 23/02/2019 07:55

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

milliehull replied on 23/02/2019 09:03

Posted on 23/02/2019 09:03

Oh dear Bakers2, one step forward and two back. At least they are now on the case and he is being well monitored. Hopefully today will be a better day. Best wishes to you both. I had to laugh about the pre wedding photos. That is a new one to me. Photoshop is wonderful for hiding baggy eyes πŸ˜‚.

KjellNN replied on 23/02/2019 09:19

Posted on 23/02/2019 06:48 by Bakers2

Yes I was amazed at the reaction of HCA being constant once ITU senior sister had been advised by me and reported back! Far better than when i chatted to the  nurse in charge  of the ward πŸ˜‰ who never came back to me, but by then i got answers from drs and others . A bit late as I was with him unless I had to step outside whilst they did procedures so still 'watched' at all times.

Had a phone call as I came to bed 9.30pm, he was being moved back to ITU because of potassium levels. Just spoken, 0630, to his nurse he had dialysis, is stable and slept well. He hasn't been sleeping well.

I'll see what today brings. I dislike fairground ride, except the gallopers,  but it seems someone thinks I need a go on a roller coaster! πŸ˜‚

Posted on 23/02/2019 09:19

Sounds like he is much better off back in ITU meantime.  

I vaguely remember there being some concern over my potassium levels too at one point, and OH tells me they gave me a couple of doses of some special solution via a drip to sort me out.  All the machines and various tubes can be very alarming, they did explain what they were all for, but I don't think I was taking it all in.

Fingers crossed for better news today.

brue replied on 23/02/2019 09:25

Posted on 23/02/2019 09:25

Hope you have a better day today B2.

Some friends of ours are doing the "pre-wedding" photo bit for their daughter too, I'd not heard of it before either. 

Another lovely day looming, the forecast is good for the next few days. Might go out and look at some spring flowers before doing some gardening here. 

Enjoy your day, hope DD doesn't find it's flat at the end of the world...where exactly is it?! laughing

KjellNN replied on 23/02/2019 09:35

Posted on 23/02/2019 09:35

Meeting up with some former colleagues for lunch today, mainly retirees now.  The venue is down in Ayr for some reason, so a bit to go.  Have not seen most of them for several years as the company no longer invites the pensioners to the Christmas meal, so will be good to catch up and compare grandchildren photos!

Going to stop off on the way home to replenish my wardrobe, seems I am on my last pair of decent jeans, all this work at the house has taken its toll on the knees of all my other pairs!

Part day off tomorrow to get van ready for service, then dinner at DD's as they have asked us to babysit in the evening.  Day off on Monday as I have a woodturners meeting, and Tuesday too as we take the van to our dealer.

As the work at the house is nearly done meantime, I will need to pack up all my tools to bring home this week.

Oneputt replied on 23/02/2019 10:08

Posted on 23/02/2019 10:08

As with others fingers crossed for a better day B2.  

Our daughter had pre wedding photos. The photographer came to our house about 3 hours before the wedding taking informal shots of us all drinking champagne etc., then bride and bridesmaids getting ready etc.

Lovely sunny here in Suffolk just right to be out in the van enjoying everything British🌞

Francis replied on 23/02/2019 11:34

Posted on 23/02/2019 11:34

Good Wishes from us too B2 heres hoping for some good  news for you both. 

Im off down to Manchester today witha couple of friends as my friend (big Man U fan) has got us tickets for the Man u v Liverpool game tomorrow looking forward to that. We are staying at a b&b and planning to meet up with a friend of mine who lives near the city. Not been away in the caravan for a couple of weeks but we are planning on going away next weekend for a couple of nights. Off down to Southport for 8 nights in a couple of weeks looking forward to that too.

replied on 23/02/2019 12:11

Posted on 23/02/2019 09:25 by brue

Hope you have a better day today B2.

Some friends of ours are doing the "pre-wedding" photo bit for their daughter too, I'd not heard of it before either. 

Another lovely day looming, the forecast is good for the next few days. Might go out and look at some spring flowers before doing some gardening here. 

Enjoy your day, hope DD doesn't find it's flat at the end of the world...where exactly is it?! laughing

Posted on 23/02/2019 12:11

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

HelenandTrevor replied on 23/02/2019 12:13

Posted on 23/02/2019 12:13

Just catching up with everyone's news, tried last night, but kept bring interupted surprised.

Been to a local fames market this morning, couldn't resist the Lardy Cake wink Also took the caravan back to storage, someone in the street has complained about it being on the drive,  it's only ever parked there for a few days just before and after we go away. We have lived here 13 years and no one has complained before .

Bakers2, Best wishes from me to you both,  take care.

Oops interupted again, youngest son and his girlfriend have just turned up, will have to catch up later! laughing

huskydog replied on 23/02/2019 12:19

Posted on 23/02/2019 12:11 by

If he doesn't  mind my answering for him I would take a guess at Cape St Vincent, not the end  of the world but the end of the "old world" , most Westerly point in Europe and next stop America

Posted on 23/02/2019 12:19

just googled that , it looks very wild and rugged , my sort of place cool

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook