What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

milliehull replied on 22/02/2019 08:51

Posted on 22/02/2019 08:51

Bakers2, so glad to hear that your OH had a good day yesterday.  I expect you will see even more of an improvement in him today smile. You will have to get to know a different lot of visitors now that he has been moved. You must be so glad of your son's support throughout the last few weeks.

Both brue and WN sound as though they had a lovely day yesterday with lunch out with friends or family.

We are off to Houghton Mill today with the family.  Just for a walk as the site is not open yet (however the tea room is laughing).  The N. Ireland family have heard so much about the area from us so they want to see it for themselves. The grandchildren are hoping to see the Alpacas. It is another beautiful day here.

Tinwheeler replied on 22/02/2019 09:09

Posted on 22/02/2019 09:00 by cyberyacht

Heating we can replace with a fan heater, but hot water is the big problem, without the Alde working, we cannot go away.

Boil a kettle.

Posted on 22/02/2019 09:09

How did we cope when our vans had neither heating nor hot water?🤣

Takethedogalong replied on 22/02/2019 13:09

Posted on 22/02/2019 13:09

We spent months without a water heater one year in van. Showers? Boil a few kettles, put this into aquaroll, cool to a perfect temp, hey presto, no fiddling with taps to get a perfect shower! Otherwise use a site with showers. 

Just catching up after a few very busy days, hope things are going well with those under medical care. Pleased to say all went well for Mum with her eye problem. Common issue after cataract surgery, last bit that they leave had thickened on one eye, a short blast with laser sorted this in under 10 minutes, and her eyesight is now back to really good. 90 next week, her new bedroom is looking lovely, last finishing touches to go, then furniture back in and she can move in. Sis and I are knackered, but it will be worth it to see her face. 

Weather here is absolutely fabulous, 17/18c in day, lovely and sunny. Lots of Spring flowers out early. We have fingers crossed it last a while yet, hoping to get week away early March. 

ABM replied on 22/02/2019 16:17

Posted on 22/02/2019 16:17

All  these  memories  of How  To  Survive  without  ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,,  has  got  me  dreaming **  of  those  long ago  camping  trips  in  an  ex-army  ridge  tent  with  flock  s/bag  from  the  same  source  !!

Small  kettle  on  a  Bluet  single  burner  gas  stove ( careful  or  it'll  topple  over surprised ).  Wake  up,  get  up,  two  fast  laps  of  the  field,  strip  off,  wash  off,  dry  off,  dress   then two  more  laps  then  cook  breakfast.

Now  it  takes  me  that  long  to  roll  out  of  bed  &  start  on  the  Daily  Pill-take  frown

**  had  to  say  dreaming  'cos  I  don't  think  the  word    'Nightmaring'  exists    Those  Good  Old  Days  Brian  really  does  NOT  long  for  wink

brue replied on 22/02/2019 16:27

Posted on 22/02/2019 16:27

The weather has been lovely here today, thought we'd have a coffee out at one of our local NT houses, big queue, the reception desks taken up with signing up new members...one family had eight grandchildren with them! Nearly gave up on the coffee. yell Have been gardening, cutting things back so not too messy.

Good to hear some progress from the B2 household.

Hope Millie and family enjoy Houghton, I'm sure they will have been impressed with the mill and the scones Millie. laughing

TDA I hope your Mum likes her room. We could never budge my father in law or my mother out of their ancient armchairs which we would have loved to replace for them with something more comfortable. Luckily we didn't have to ask either of them if they'd like a room painted until unfortunately, my father in law left a frying pan on the stove one day. (The whole flat had to be re-done! )

Takethedogalong replied on 22/02/2019 18:10

Posted on 22/02/2019 18:10

Similar here brue. But we needed to do something. Her excuse is that she wouldn’t get the longevity out of any new furniture! I may resort to falling over with a pot of paint on the old sofa. No one ever sits on it because it’s so low and uncomfortable. The furniture that is going into her bedroom, chest of drawers and dressing table probably dates from 1930s. It belonged to Mum’s parents, but very nice, well made and suits the house and room. Much better than some of the more modern stuff she has. We bought Dad a new electric chair when he was first taken ill, he needed to have his legs elevated. No one uses it. But I daren’t sell it on. So much junk amongst the treasures. 

ABM replied on 22/02/2019 18:15

Posted on 22/02/2019 18:15

I'd  edit  out  that  phrase  "  Electric Chair "  for  something  else,  TTDA   surprised 

Oneputt replied on 22/02/2019 18:50

Posted on 22/02/2019 18:50

Another lovely day here until just after 3pm when the wind got up and sea mist rolled over the reserve. The temperature just plummeted.  By the time we got back to the CL the mercury had risen again.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook