What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

brue replied on 21/02/2019 18:16

Posted on 21/02/2019 18:16

We met up with  friends for a lunch out in a little village pub west of Sturminster Newton in Dorset, so a nice drive out. We passed the deer park at Stock Gaylard and the fallow deer where well camouflaged in their pale winter colours, I could just about see them in the long grass, lots of antlers showing in the sun. smile

Wherenext replied on 21/02/2019 19:02

Posted on 21/02/2019 19:02

Fingers still crossed Bakers.

We also had a lovely lunch today Brue, meeting up with my cousin and her husband. Chewed the cud over  leisurely few hours. The Game Casserole was exceptional.

Nearly finished the packing, even remembered my walking trousers, unlike our trip earlier this month.embarassed

nelliethehooker replied on 21/02/2019 20:37

Posted on 20/02/2019 22:42 by KjellNN

You will not be as long as us, so maybe not such a big problem.  With a 7.95m van, we are about 12.75m overall.

Quite a long time before last year since we were in Whitby, that tIme we stayed in a friend's holiday home in Robin Hoods Bay.  We thought the town had gone slightly downhill, and the parking is very difficult.  We used the P&R despite having to pay, and had a nice day in town, it was busy as it was early July.

Some great Fish and Chips  places!

Posted on 21/02/2019 20:37

There's free parking up on the West Cliff from 31st Oct to 1st March, and if you come in from the north (Sandend) side there's a length of parking spaces free for 2hrs all year round. It is 1/2 term down here so the town was busy.

We got out today without mishap, perhaps they've widened the gateway, as it doesn't appear that the wall has been moved.

nelliethehooker replied on 21/02/2019 20:50

Posted on 21/02/2019 20:50

Moved on down to another new CL to us, Matindale Fm, near Pocklington. Good H/S pitches but they are sheltered from the south by tall trees so the vans don't catch a lot of the sun. There is a small dog walk on site, but only the road outside for a longer walk. Will have to see how busy it is in the morning as I like to take Flyte for at least a mile before breakfast.

Have now booked sites up to the third week in March, and have a couple more in mind before we really start to head home.

Oneputt replied on 21/02/2019 20:54

Posted on 21/02/2019 20:54

Just cos your parked less than 2 miles from a large nuclear power station doesn’t necessarily mean you won’t have power problems. 🏭 Its been a strange day with stuff going really well then other stuff not working at all well.  Only about 5 miles from CL and sign said road closed.  Followed the diversion for best part of 12 miles to find out road was closed for about 20 feet about 3 miles East of where we wanted to be.  Had to reverse for nearly 200 yards before turning in someone’s drive way.  After driving through narrow streets of town we finally made it.  Frustrated as sign posting could have been so much better. Anyway 14C temperature and a great walk around Minsmere soon got us in a relaxed mood

Bakers2 replied on 21/02/2019 21:52

Posted on 21/02/2019 21:52

Just about to go to bed, all this sitting about in hospital is exhausting!

Well another good day. OH now out of ITU and on high dependency part of ordinary cardiac ward! Much more with it today except when he was tired after activities including walking hand guided only with a chair behind, just in case, for about 10 metres! Speech and language therapist visit not too bad and she seeing him again tues, just checking out his swallow as intermittent. Son & I smiled all afternoon! Son's gone home ready for work tomorrow. Just had text to say he's indoors.  Miss him and the dog already!

Night all night johnboy.  Does that date me?

nelliethehooker replied on 21/02/2019 22:06

Posted on 21/02/2019 20:54 by Oneputt

Just cos your parked less than 2 miles from a large nuclear power station doesn’t necessarily mean you won’t have power problems. 🏭 Its been a strange day with stuff going really well then other stuff not working at all well.  Only about 5 miles from CL and sign said road closed.  Followed the diversion for best part of 12 miles to find out road was closed for about 20 feet about 3 miles East of where we wanted to be.  Had to reverse for nearly 200 yards before turning in someone’s drive way.  After driving through narrow streets of town we finally made it.  Frustrated as sign posting could have been so much better. Anyway 14C temperature and a great walk around Minsmere soon got us in a relaxed mood

Posted on 21/02/2019 22:06

Sorry to hear about the diversion, OP, but glad that you're now all set up ok. We too were diverted, but it was all along A roads. The A171 was closed around Scarborough so we had to use the A165 through the town, but traffic was light.

Good to hear that OH is out of ITU, B2, and that he's much more with it. Good that you has your son along during these unfortunate times. Sleep well.

KjellNN replied on 21/02/2019 22:49

Posted on 21/02/2019 22:49

Another day at DD's house, doing bits and pieces.

She had ordered a Venetian blind for their bathroom, but somehow managed to order it about 25mm too wide, so it was either bin it or try to cut it down in size.  She has procured a blind trimming tool from B&Q and I have spent all afternoon trimming both ends of the 56 slats!

It should fit now, so will hang it tomorrow with her help (supervision).

She tackled her 2 huge hall cupboards over the last few days, the removal men had stuffed them with the contents of the loft from the old house.  Some stuff moved elsewhere, some disposed of on  Gumtree, and the rest more sensibly arranged.  Amazing how empty the cupboards look now.  They are on "the list" for painting and organising with lots of shelving, so should be good once it is all done.

Working through her long list, it is mainly little things or stuff she will do herself so it looks like I am coming to the end of my tasks, meantime.

I will not know what to do with myself soon!!

She returns to work this coming Tuesday, but is using all her holiday days, almost a year of them, to only do half days until about June, so really grandparents will only be there as a back up meantime, should she be delayed getting  home.  At least it will give her time for cleaning, tidying and organising.

There are still some big jobs to do.......new utility room, with flooring and tiling.....garden  landscaping........but they are not even on the list yet.  Will maybe start on the utility room after our Easter break ......if she has the money for the materials.

Alde in van still not working, will need to read the manual and get out my tools, only about 3 years since we had to have a similar problem fixed.   frown

Van goes for service next week, so hope we can get it working before then, or it will be an expensive service!

Heating we can replace with a fan heater, but hot water is the big problem, without the Alde working, we cannot go away.   frown

ABM replied on 21/02/2019 23:21

Posted on 21/02/2019 23:21

B2,

So  very  pleased  to  hear  of  your  OH's  steady  improvement.  It's  making  you  sound  more  like  your  usual  chirpy  self  smile.

Even  your  "quotes"  are  on  the  cheerful  side  So  Good  night  &  Sweet  Dreams  ordered  for  all  the  Late  Night  C.T.ers

Oneputt replied on 22/02/2019 08:19

Posted on 22/02/2019 08:19

Another bright but frosty morn here in deepest Suffolk so great walking weather.

B2 glad to hear OH is making progress and your stress and worry will reduce.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook