What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

milliehull replied on 21/02/2019 09:28

Posted on 21/02/2019 09:20 by Bakers2

Oh b*99er. Son and I treated ourselves to a slow start to the day. He pulled back his curtains, piece of tile come off the house roof, missed the snow guard, and has made a hole in a polycarbon roof piece on the conservatory. I really think the devil is taking a great interest in me at the moment 😤

Son taking care of temporary cover, thank goodness he takes after his dad, who's a bit like KjNelln 😂😂

Edit son has pre wedding photos this weekend, he's gonna look tired regardless!

Posted on 21/02/2019 09:28

Oh Bakers2 - it never rains but it pours. Hopefully your luck will change very soon and good fortune will smile on you.  Very best wishes.

JVB66 replied on 21/02/2019 09:30

Posted on 21/02/2019 07:39 by Bakers2

B2 i was not expecting stents to be required when i had my angiogram,  so your OH not having to have any bypasses is a better outcome for you i am sure, and it will be just time before he is home best wishes

OH did have triple bypass but they didn't put him on the  bypass machine as sadly they didn't consider  his own  plumbing up to it, hence keeping his heart beating for itself for the op.

I'm so happy and glad to read that you appear to have recovered well and are back to 'normal' so quickly. Don't overdo it though.

Posted on 21/02/2019 09:30

B2 sorry i thought i had read that the bypass were not required,and sorry he since had a stroke,but its good he is being "stubborn"as it will help him hopefully to keep positive,and will get him home that bit quicker,best wishes 

JV

DavidKlyne replied on 21/02/2019 09:34

Posted on 20/02/2019 20:40 by Bakers2

Thanks for all your thoughts and good wishes. Just a quick update.

OH still in ITU, day 7. Did the op without using bypass machine so heart beat all the time. Unfortunately he's suffered a stroke. Today he sat out in the chair, 1st time, for 1&3/4 hours. He stood, balanced on each leg and stepped round to sit in chair. He was very tired after. Once back in bed he was soon sound asleep. Thanks for thinking of us. Son, and grand dog down to visit today and tomorrow. Nice to have some company 😉

Now got into a good routine for visiting. Parking still difficult but I arrive about 1pm plenty of time if parking full, but not been so far, take myself to the canteen very reasonable food and prices for all, have something proper to eat. Then trundle over to the ward and leave when I'm ready often almost at the close 7.30pm then drive home. Payment is on number plate recognition and pay on exit - max £10 but I reckon it would be at least that for my bus fare plus 1 hour 20 minutes each way and 15 minute walk to from the bus from home.

I'm managing to read posts so keep them coming, some escape!

Posted on 21/02/2019 09:34

Bakers2

You both seem to be going through the mill at the moment. I wasn't aware that they could do a bypass operation without using the bypass machine! Don't know how old your OH is but Margaret was 68 when she had hers.  The Stroke is an added complication but he is able to get out of bed which must be encouraging and an indication that he is en route to a good recovery albeit a bit slower than maybe first thought? Chin up.

David

Bakers2 replied on 21/02/2019 14:01

Posted on 21/02/2019 14:01

OH just 67 and a little bit 😉. Sadly heart problems run in his mother's family and his dad died of heart attack in his 70's, not really sure of family history that side as his mother died young, not heart and he lost touch with his only blood sister.  I haven't been able to trace her. But no evidence of heart on death certs we have.

Just awaiting the magic hour to see if we can go in so relatives room it is. Getting to know visitors faces - not sure if that's good or bad 😂. One lady on day 15 in ITU so day 8 not so bad 😉

ABM replied on 21/02/2019 15:13

Posted on 20/02/2019 21:23 by Wherenext

Are you absolutely sure that it's from your surgery Brian? Best to double check before sending personal details.

Posted on 21/02/2019 15:13

Oh  most  definitely  from  my  surgery  WN,    I  might  have  sore,  splinter  impregnated  finger  tips  but  I've  not  lost  ALL  my  marbles  yet  innocent

Tks  to  MillieH  &  others,  worrying  about  me  giving  out  details  -- It  was  only  Birth  Date  &  Mobile  number  requested  in  the  letter  which  was  sent  to  inform  me  of  dodgy  thyroid   blood  test  results.  So  they  were  informing  ME  of  personal  information,  and  asking  for  info  which  is  widely  known  out  there  in  the  world  smile.

Now  I've  got  a  ( non) teehee-mail  from  bank  to  tell  me  of  latest  DD  to  be  applied  to  card  in  early  March  embarassed    AAAAARRRGGGH,  Lifes  a  bitch,  and  then  they  charge  you ( me )

ABM replied on 21/02/2019 16:34

Posted on 21/02/2019 16:34

Well  that  WAS  a  pleasant  surprise  !!  Obeyed  the  instructions  &  rang  Surgery  to  book  that  'routine  appointment'   laughing

Phone  answered  on  second  ring  so  I  asked  for,  &  was  given,  the  first  available  'BOOKABLE'  appointment  on   :--                           

2nd   April  at  08:30

Think  I'll  head  back  into  hibernation  for  a  week  or  four  wink

DavidKlyne replied on 21/02/2019 16:57

Posted on 21/02/2019 14:01 by Bakers2

OH just 67 and a little bit 😉. Sadly heart problems run in his mother's family and his dad died of heart attack in his 70's, not really sure of family history that side as his mother died young, not heart and he lost touch with his only blood sister.  I haven't been able to trace her. But no evidence of heart on death certs we have.

Just awaiting the magic hour to see if we can go in so relatives room it is. Getting to know visitors faces - not sure if that's good or bad 😂. One lady on day 15 in ITU so day 8 not so bad 😉

Posted on 21/02/2019 16:57

Bakers2

Sounds similar to Margaret. Her sister and two brothers have had heart attacks or serious heart conditions and they are all younger than her!! An added complication is that Margaret has diabetes which I think persuaded the doctors that a heart bypass would be a good prevention rather than an immediate need. She was fortunate that she was only in hospital for six days. It wasn't all plain sailing when she got home as she had some problems with the wound. That maybe is where a longer stay in hospital might be an advantage in that they can keep an eye on things like that? There seems to be a body of evidence that men recover more quickly than women from the physical strains of the operation. 

David

redface replied on 21/02/2019 17:18

Posted on 21/02/2019 17:18

Rather like Policemen on the beat, doctors are rapidly becoming an extinct race!

Can't see waiting times falling at any time in the future

Tammygirl replied on 21/02/2019 17:40

Posted on 21/02/2019 17:40

Managed to get out into the garden today for a bit of tidy up, bonus as it will mean less to do when we get back from Lanzarote.

WN, my sister and BIL lived in Singapore '69 to 71, they loved it but never went back until 2017, then again ,in 2018. Hope you get the opportunity to re-visit it, we would go again as there is so much to do, I think Jan/Feb is a great time of year to visit.

Bakers, glad that OH has managed to get out of bed, all be it just for awhile. Keeping fingers crossed he carries on making progress.

MillieH, yes of next Thursday to Lanzarote, we seem to go at the same time as you go to Tenerife smile hope the weather is as good as last year cool

milliehull replied on 21/02/2019 18:09

Posted on 21/02/2019 18:09

We had a lovely walk round Ferry Meadows this afternoon. OH and son saw the kingfisher quite close up but I was ahead with the grandchildren so missed it unfortunately. We saw a heron though and heard the glorious sound of the song tbrush but couldnt spot him. This photo was taken in one of the bird hides.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook