What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

nelliethehooker replied on 20/02/2019 20:53

Posted on 20/02/2019 08:16 by

Should have been collecting our new van next week but got a call yesterday from the dealer, a part of the Reich mover is missing from the delivery and all the Reich staff who could sort it are at the NECyell

Another week goes by and our trip to Spain another week closer.

Posted on 20/02/2019 20:53

Hope that you get it in time to get away as planned, AD.

ABM replied on 20/02/2019 21:10

Posted on 20/02/2019 21:10

Sitting  here  with  sore  fingers  from  scratching  my  head surprised !!

Got  a  Letter  from  surgery  today  telling  me  to  make  appointment  to  hear  the  ( dodgy )  result  of  recent  thyroid  bloods,  and  probably  get  an  increased / altered  medication.yell

Would  not  have  been  concerned  too  much,  but  lower  down  the  page  was  a  request  to  TEXT  IN  my  Name,  D -O -B,  &  Latest  mobile  phone  number.  Dammit  they  addressed  the  letter  to  me,  they  send  reminders  to  me  by  text  &  they  accept  Medication  Requests  by  e-mail  from  me  every  month.  Now  I'm  wondering  if  the  Doc's  have  organised  a  contract  for  technical  electronic  works  update  with  some  ex-C&MC  IT chappies  undecided

It does upset me, having to type all this with sore splintered fingers  wink!

nelliethehooker replied on 20/02/2019 21:18

Posted on 20/02/2019 21:18

There is a nice circular walk from Falling Foss following the river to May Beck and back via the forest . We did it from the club's NYM Site.

Enjoy the rest of your time there, we will be back that way in October all being well

Thanks, Helen, we've done that walk too when we were at NYM, but the last time the bridge was down so we couldn't do the full circuit.

We did an interesting walk this afternoon from Sandsend, up through the Mulgrave Estate to the Old Castle. I think that one could make a full day's walk out of it up to Motte and beyond.

Wherenext replied on 20/02/2019 21:23

Posted on 20/02/2019 21:10 by ABM

Sitting  here  with  sore  fingers  from  scratching  my  head surprised !!

Got  a  Letter  from  surgery  today  telling  me  to  make  appointment  to  hear  the  ( dodgy )  result  of  recent  thyroid  bloods,  and  probably  get  an  increased / altered  medication.yell

Would  not  have  been  concerned  too  much,  but  lower  down  the  page  was  a  request  to  TEXT  IN  my  Name,  D -O -B,  &  Latest  mobile  phone  number.  Dammit  they  addressed  the  letter  to  me,  they  send  reminders  to  me  by  text  &  they  accept  Medication  Requests  by  e-mail  from  me  every  month.  Now  I'm  wondering  if  the  Doc's  have  organised  a  contract  for  technical  electronic  works  update  with  some  ex-C&MC  IT chappies  undecided

It does upset me, having to type all this with sore splintered fingers  wink!

Posted on 20/02/2019 21:23

Are you absolutely sure that it's from your surgery Brian? Best to double check before sending personal details.

nelliethehooker replied on 20/02/2019 21:26

Posted on 20/02/2019 21:26

B2, Good to hear that OH has managed to get out of bed, be it only for a short while.

Can you not get a weekly car pass at the hospital? They do one at ours and it's less than they charge for 3 days separately.

Wherenext replied on 20/02/2019 21:29

Posted on 20/02/2019 21:29

Don't seemed to have stopped but also don't seem to have achieved a great deal.undecided Caravan partly packed, shopping done but seemed to have forgotten some of it.

Anyway off out for lunch tomorrow seeing my cousin and her husband. Wondered what the pub would have said if we would have arrived with the caravan on the back and just carried on to the Lakes from there? Too late to ring them now.

Oneputt, we ALL had their energy when we were their age. My mother used to threaten me with nailing my feet to the floor to stop me wandering. How often did we get called in at night when it really was too dark. Still playing. Those were the days. I miss being 30.

JVB66 replied on 20/02/2019 21:47

Posted on 20/02/2019 21:47

It has been a busy week so far, monday car for MOT and service 3hrs needed , 0830 start,  it is a week since op?surprised,no auto loan car when got there,so would it be ok to just do MOT today? then Branch manager said to use his automatic for the daysmile,and i thought our car was full of toyscool,so service to be done,

Call from garage at 1400 to say found that front discs and pads very near worn out,(towing over 2000 miles in uk last year did not help)more expencefrown

Picked car up at 1640 much more than first thought on credit cardcry

Tuesday about 0900 call from garage manger to admit they had overcharged me and could i come over as they would give me a refund laughing so i got £185 back and some "goodies" for my "understandingcool,

Today it was to club site storage to open fridge door (it was ok),and some shopping at Aldi

One thing i have noticed is how tired  the last couple of days has made me,,not felt when just walking Rosa did not seem to have the same effect

B2 i was not expecting stents to be required when i had my angiogram,  so your OH not having to have any bypasses is a better outcome for you i am sure, and it will be just time before he is home best wishes

nelliethehooker replied on 20/02/2019 21:57

Posted on 20/02/2019 21:57

NTH- we really hope you enjoy New Willow Cottage. It's a stunning CL and so pretty with the small lake. We left a review if you haven't already seen it. If you want any more info about the area, just ask.

ADD, sorry about the delay in saying thanks for the info. If there are any places close by that you think that we'd be interested in please point me in the right direction. Not really interested in towns but beaches, historic houses, woodland and any good places to walk Flyte are the sort of thing.

KjellNN replied on 20/02/2019 22:42

Posted on 20/02/2019 20:52 by nelliethehooker

Don't think that they've moved the wall yet, Kjell. I'll just have to take it carefully on the way out tomorrow. I did think it a bit tight coming in, but thanks for the info.

If I do get our without mishap I think that we will be coming back sometime in the future, as there is a lot to do and see in the area.

Posted on 20/02/2019 22:42

You will not be as long as us, so maybe not such a big problem.  With a 7.95m van, we are about 12.75m overall.

Quite a long time before last year since we were in Whitby, that tIme we stayed in a friend's holiday home in Robin Hoods Bay.  We thought the town had gone slightly downhill, and the parking is very difficult.  We used the P&R despite having to pay, and had a nice day in town, it was busy as it was early July.

Some great Fish and Chips  places!

KjellNN replied on 20/02/2019 23:00

Posted on 20/02/2019 20:40 by Bakers2

Thanks for all your thoughts and good wishes. Just a quick update.

OH still in ITU, day 7. Did the op without using bypass machine so heart beat all the time. Unfortunately he's suffered a stroke. Today he sat out in the chair, 1st time, for 1&3/4 hours. He stood, balanced on each leg and stepped round to sit in chair. He was very tired after. Once back in bed he was soon sound asleep. Thanks for thinking of us. Son, and grand dog down to visit today and tomorrow. Nice to have some company 😉

Now got into a good routine for visiting. Parking still difficult but I arrive about 1pm plenty of time if parking full, but not been so far, take myself to the canteen very reasonable food and prices for all, have something proper to eat. Then trundle over to the ward and leave when I'm ready often almost at the close 7.30pm then drive home. Payment is on number plate recognition and pay on exit - max £10 but I reckon it would be at least that for my bus fare plus 1 hour 20 minutes each way and 15 minute walk to from the bus from home.

I'm managing to read posts so keep them coming, some escape!

Posted on 20/02/2019 23:00

Sorry to hear that B2, stroke or heart attack while on the table seems to be one of the bigger risks.  Not sure whether the use, of not, of the bypass machine is significant, I was on the machine.  Apparently the moment when they restart the heart is a bit worrying!

But it sounds like he is doing well despite that, so the prognosis is presumably good.  His recovery will just take a bit longer.

Please give him my best wishes, and look after yourself too.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook