What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

replied on 20/02/2019 09:41

Posted on 20/02/2019 09:16 by brue

Hope you don't have to wait much longer David, I expect you are looking forward to collecting it. 

Posted on 20/02/2019 09:41

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

DSB replied on 20/02/2019 10:21

Posted on 20/02/2019 08:16 by

Should have been collecting our new van next week but got a call yesterday from the dealer, a part of the Reich mover is missing from the delivery and all the Reich staff who could sort it are at the NECyell

Another week goes by and our trip to Spain another week closer.

Posted on 20/02/2019 10:21

Hope you get it sorted in time David.

Are you moving the Thule, buying new, or going for something different?  If you are putting the Thule on the new van and leaving the brackets on the old van, will it make much difference to part exchange value?

David

replied on 20/02/2019 10:31

Posted on 20/02/2019 10:21 by DSB

Hope you get it sorted in time David.

Are you moving the Thule, buying new, or going for something different?  If you are putting the Thule on the new van and leaving the brackets on the old van, will it make much difference to part exchange value?

David

Posted on 20/02/2019 10:31

HelenandTrevor replied on 20/02/2019 16:56

Posted on 19/02/2019 20:57 by nelliethehooker

Drove over to Grosmont today, stopping on the tops for a couple of short walks on the moor. Then after lunch we walked from the station along the Rail Trail only as far as Beck Hole and back, as we were on a 2 hr park. It was quite cool up on the moor but really spring-like down in the valley.

Posted on 20/02/2019 16:56

Bit jealous Nellie, love the North Yorkshire Moors, we did the Rail Trail walk last October , but walked from Esk Valley to Goathland, the cute pub at Beck Hole made a nice break mid way. 

There is a nice circular walk from Falling Foss following the river to May Beck and back via the forest . We did it from the club's NYM Site.

Enjoy the rest of your time there, we will be back that way in October all being well.smile

HelenandTrevor replied on 20/02/2019 16:59

Posted on 20/02/2019 08:16 by

Should have been collecting our new van next week but got a call yesterday from the dealer, a part of the Reich mover is missing from the delivery and all the Reich staff who could sort it are at the NECyell

Another week goes by and our trip to Spain another week closer.

Posted on 20/02/2019 16:59

Hope your delay isn't too long David, our new van was delayed too  very frustrating. It will be worth the wait. smile

replied on 20/02/2019 18:03

Posted on 20/02/2019 16:59 by HelenandTrevor

Hope your delay isn't too long David, our new van was delayed too  very frustrating. It will be worth the wait. smile

Posted on 20/02/2019 18:03

Oneputt replied on 20/02/2019 18:27

Posted on 20/02/2019 18:27

Had a great couple of days with the grandtwins but totally exhausted, I’m sure I didn’t have that amount of energy when I was their age🏋️‍♀️ Off out in the van tomorrow for a long weekend.🌞

KjellNN replied on 20/02/2019 19:34

Posted on 20/02/2019 19:34

Went into the van this morning to turn on Alde heating for a few days to warm it up prior to service, only to find the Alde is not working for some reason.

No time to check it out today as we had dentist and doctor appointments, so have put in a fan heater meantime.  Just what we need !!  yell

After going to DD's flat for gas check tomorrow am, it will be back to her house for more little jobs.

Saturday we are off to meet up with former work colleagues for lunch...bit to travel so may take most of the day.

Bakers2 replied on 20/02/2019 20:40

Posted on 20/02/2019 20:40

Thanks for all your thoughts and good wishes. Just a quick update.

OH still in ITU, day 7. Did the op without using bypass machine so heart beat all the time. Unfortunately he's suffered a stroke. Today he sat out in the chair, 1st time, for 1&3/4 hours. He stood, balanced on each leg and stepped round to sit in chair. He was very tired after. Once back in bed he was soon sound asleep. Thanks for thinking of us. Son, and grand dog down to visit today and tomorrow. Nice to have some company 😉

Now got into a good routine for visiting. Parking still difficult but I arrive about 1pm plenty of time if parking full, but not been so far, take myself to the canteen very reasonable food and prices for all, have something proper to eat. Then trundle over to the ward and leave when I'm ready often almost at the close 7.30pm then drive home. Payment is on number plate recognition and pay on exit - max £10 but I reckon it would be at least that for my bus fare plus 1 hour 20 minutes each way and 15 minute walk to from the bus from home.

I'm managing to read posts so keep them coming, some escape!

nelliethehooker replied on 20/02/2019 20:52

Posted on 20/02/2019 01:01 by KjellNN

I thought I recognised it when you said it looked over the town......we stayed there last summer.

Have they widened the access yet, there were plans to move a bit of an old wall just before the gate?  We got in OK, but coming out again was very tight.  Had to make 2 attempts and have both OH and another camper watch my sides!

Nice site otherwise.

Posted on 20/02/2019 20:52

Don't think that they've moved the wall yet, Kjell. I'll just have to take it carefully on the way out tomorrow. I did think it a bit tight coming in, but thanks for the info.

If I do get our without mishap I think that we will be coming back sometime in the future, as there is a lot to do and see in the area.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook