What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

replied on 20/02/2019 23:09

Posted on 20/02/2019 23:09

My love to B2 and OH

Alan

Bakers2 replied on 21/02/2019 07:30

Posted on 20/02/2019 21:26 by nelliethehooker

B2, Good to hear that OH has managed to get out of bed, be it only for a short while.

Can you not get a weekly car pass at the hospital? They do one at ours and it's less than they charge for 3 days separately.

Posted on 21/02/2019 07:30

Yes. Patient to be in for 14 days before you can apply then you purchase for a month. Didn't follow it up as don't qualify as yet and hopefully won't. But we'll see.

Glad you're enjoying your break sounds lovely. 

Bakers2 replied on 21/02/2019 07:39

Posted on 21/02/2019 07:39

B2 i was not expecting stents to be required when i had my angiogram,  so your OH not having to have any bypasses is a better outcome for you i am sure, and it will be just time before he is home best wishes

OH did have triple bypass but they didn't put him on the  bypass machine as sadly they didn't consider  his own  plumbing up to it, hence keeping his heart beating for itself for the op.

I'm so happy and glad to read that you appear to have recovered well and are back to 'normal' so quickly. Don't overdo it though.

Bakers2 replied on 21/02/2019 07:44

Posted on 21/02/2019 07:44

Once again thanks for all your good wishes. OH is physically strong and very determined, a bit stubborn dare I say 😲, I'm hoping that will stand him in good stead in the days and months to come. 

Bakers2 replied on 21/02/2019 07:47

Posted on 20/02/2019 21:10 by ABM

Sitting  here  with  sore  fingers  from  scratching  my  head surprised !!

Got  a  Letter  from  surgery  today  telling  me  to  make  appointment  to  hear  the  ( dodgy )  result  of  recent  thyroid  bloods,  and  probably  get  an  increased / altered  medication.yell

Would  not  have  been  concerned  too  much,  but  lower  down  the  page  was  a  request  to  TEXT  IN  my  Name,  D -O -B,  &  Latest  mobile  phone  number.  Dammit  they  addressed  the  letter  to  me,  they  send  reminders  to  me  by  text  &  they  accept  Medication  Requests  by  e-mail  from  me  every  month.  Now  I'm  wondering  if  the  Doc's  have  organised  a  contract  for  technical  electronic  works  update  with  some  ex-C&MC  IT chappies  undecided

It does upset me, having to type all this with sore splintered fingers  wink!

Posted on 21/02/2019 07:47

I agree with nelliethehooker about your not giving out your details,you know yours are all right and haven't changed. Probably a catch all to remind folks who may have changed phone/email details.

moulesy replied on 21/02/2019 08:11

Posted on 21/02/2019 08:11

Bakers2 - I haven't really looked in on this thread while we've been away so only just caught up with your news.

Suffice to say my thoughts are with you.

brue replied on 21/02/2019 08:24

Posted on 21/02/2019 08:24

B2, you've both been through quite a trauma but at least the procedures that took place have been explained and it sounds as though you are starting to see some progress. There's plenty of time now for a good recovery and I hope a corner has been turned in the right direction. Sounds like a good idea to get you lunch at the hospital, keep your strength up! Best wishes from me. x

replied on 21/02/2019 08:44

Posted on 20/02/2019 20:53 by nelliethehooker

Hope that you get it in time to get away as planned, AD.

Posted on 21/02/2019 08:44

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

milliehull replied on 21/02/2019 09:16

Posted on 21/02/2019 09:16

Bakers2. So sorry to hear that your OH has had a stroke. However it sounds as though he is making good progress even though it seems slow. Hopefully his physical strength and stubbornness will stand him in good stead. You sound as though you have a good routine for yourself. Such a good idea to have your lunch at the hospital.  You need to keep your strength up.  You will be glad to have the company of your son and dog over the weekend.  Take care of yourself. Best wishes to you both x

ABM I agree with others that you should be careful about giving your details.  Perhaps have a word when you next visit the surgery to make sure it is genuine.  However it does annoy me when companies etc ring or contact you and then ask you to confirm all your details - after all they contacted me not the other way round yell

JVB, pleased to hear that you got a good result about your car in the end. Don't wear yourself out though.

OP you sound as though you had a wonderful time with the grandchildren. I think we all had a huge amount of energy at that age!  Enjoy your few days away.

We are having a busy time with the family but we have a morning off today as the grandchildren have had a 'sleepover' (how much sleeping was done I wonderlaughing) at our daughter's with their cousins.  It will be all systems go again later this morning.

Bakers2 replied on 21/02/2019 09:20

Posted on 21/02/2019 09:20

Oh b*99er. Son and I treated ourselves to a slow start to the day. He pulled back his curtains, piece of tile come off the house roof, missed the snow guard, and has made a hole in a polycarbon roof piece on the conservatory. I really think the devil is taking a great interest in me at the moment 😤

Son taking care of temporary cover, thank goodness he takes after his dad, who's a bit like KjNelln 😂😂

Edit son has pre wedding photos this weekend, he's gonna look tired regardless!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook