What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

redface replied on 08/01/2019 19:07

Posted on 08/01/2019 19:07

Pesky little critters aren't they?

Remember camping on sites around the Chertsey /Kingston area and wishing I had my 12 bore with me.

There seems to be absolutely no control over them and I would regard them as being the next worst thing to pidgeons.

brue replied on 08/01/2019 19:18

Posted on 08/01/2019 19:18

They're very loud and colourful, that's all I can say when I spotted some in central Bristol. Apparently we've got them in the SW but I've not seen any more since that sighting. 

Nice day spent on the Dorset coast. OH and I decided we must have a go on the Jurassic Coast double decker before the crowds arrive later. The views must be great from the top deck.

Bakers2 replied on 08/01/2019 19:19

Posted on 08/01/2019 19:19

Congratulations Tammygirl, ours was last Saturday, just 39 years! We went out wedding shoe shopping 😢, to a proper shoe shop with boxes of shoes floor to ceiling and ladders 😀, didn't get any but did get something comfortable and sensible 😂😂. There's a pair that might do but not cheap and not hugely comfortable so will need something comfy to change into. Then onto Leigh on Sea for a walk along the estuary before going into a cafe for delicious lunch.

Monday after a check on our motorhome we journeyed on to Freeport, not my fav but then shopping ain't on my to do list, but did find dressy sensible shoes, I also collected a pair from Clark's in town that I've ordered, got to go try on dress and 3 pairs of shoes. I have 30 days to return unwanted pairs, hopefully it wont be all 3 pairs 😯 Did have some sandals lined up but my bunion is playing up and the heels are a tad high! Wish my luck!! 

Milliehull glad you had a lovely time with the family in NI. It is hard to say goodbye!

Moulsey sad you not getting away but neither are we 😉. Ours is choice. How are things with your dad?

Delighted that those who are/been away have enjoyed themselves. Enjoy whatever you've got planned.

Met a friend for lunch and catch up, met near RHS Hyde Hall, so high for Essex 😉 and had a taste of the coolness of the wind 🌬. But it was lovely to see the sun, it may be a very dry county but we do suffer from greyness.

JVB66 replied on 08/01/2019 19:25

Posted on 08/01/2019 19:18 by brue

They're very loud and colourful, that's all I can say when I spotted some in central Bristol. Apparently we've got them in the SW but I've not seen any more since that sighting. 

Nice day spent on the Dorset coast. OH and I decided we must have a go on the Jurassic Coast double decker before the crowds arrive later. The views must be great from the top deck.

Posted on 08/01/2019 19:25

Make sure you get the one from starts at Bournmouth or Swanage and goes via Sandbanks very interesting on the top deck when on the chain ferry,but the roads do not make the most comfortable ride in placessurprised

Tammygirl replied on 08/01/2019 19:25

Posted on 08/01/2019 16:44 by Wherenext

Congrats, Tammy to both you and the fortunate other.

Funnily enough we also have a celebration today as it's Mrs.WNs birthday. We went to Liverpool as there is a good art shop there, Cass Art, and I promised her some extra pocket money.laughing  We really enjoyed the few hours, not stopping too long as MiL at home waiting on an urgent call from hospital. Still, it was nice to get out. There is a great international food shop there. Small place, always has customers so I took advantage and bought some stuff you can't find in Tesco.

Loads of homeless on the streets in the centre. Whats our country(ies) coming to?

Posted on 08/01/2019 19:25

Thanks WN, and a happy birthday to Mrs WN hope she managed to find a nice present with the extra pocket money wink

TG. We had a squeely brake on our caravan last year it was very loud when coming to a roundabout ect. The van was in for its first servive at the dealers in November and since we have had it back there have been no further noise and we have towed it about 500 miles since.It must just have needed adjusting. Hopefully yours will be the same.

Thanks Francis, we hope so too. The dealer wondered if it was due to them being dry/dusty, we had not had any rain all the time we had been away. We haven't had the van on the road since we came back so we are hoping to take it out for a run this week. If its still noisy then we will have to take it up to Dyce to get looked at.

brue replied on 08/01/2019 19:33

Posted on 08/01/2019 19:33

Sorry, I've just been catching up with posts on here, best wishes to the birthday and anniversary people!

Commiserations for anyone who can't plan breaks just now, we are much the same. 

B2 I don't envy you choosing shoes, I'd be in flat shoes by the evening, I'd have to have two pairs for a wedding!

HelenandTrevor replied on 08/01/2019 19:44

Posted on 07/01/2019 21:46 by nelliethehooker

Glad that you had a good weekend at M in M. Where are you staying at at Buxton. There are some nice sites round there that we've stopped on.

Posted on 08/01/2019 19:44

Nellie we are staying at Blackwell Hall, (Trevor's choice)  this time. There are several nice ones to choose from. Where are you heading next on your tour.?

Bakers2 replied on 08/01/2019 19:53

Posted on 08/01/2019 19:53

I overlooked Mrs WN birthday embarassed. I hope she has had a lovely day and celebrates in a suitable style 😉

Brue I've got flats ready but just need a little lift for the outfit, 2 pairs of shoes bought really comfy heel height, one pair slimmer at the toe, other pair I much prefer but they have a fabric flowery heel, not sure on the reason 😯😯. Otherwise that would be job done. Chatted to Timpsons the shoe repairers it may be possible to cover with scuff dye, but risky. I love the sandals but fear too narrow. Oh I do wish I'd get on with it, but I'm scared. I do hope the day will be wonderful, I'm sure it will be, but invite notes that reception will be on a working farm so suitable footwear maybe wellies. Gee that would solve the issues 😂😂😂. I'm not sure they'd be right for the church or photos!

HelenandTrevor replied on 08/01/2019 20:00

Posted on 08/01/2019 20:00

Congratulations to Tammygirl and Happy Birthday to Mrs WN. 🎂

Glad you had a great time in NI Millie. 

Trip into town this morning, banking , shopping and a quick coffee with friends,  then work this afternoon. 

Our new caravan also developed squeaky brakes during the first year,  which stopped after we had it serviced. Then it came back so we had complete new brakes fitted under warranty, great all quiet, few months later squeak back! yell Will see what happens after its next service.  Hope you have more luck TG.

Wherenext replied on 08/01/2019 20:20

Posted on 08/01/2019 20:20

Thanks for all for best wishes.

Mrs WN managed to find a few things which suddenly seemed important to own.smile  When we got home there was a small parcel for her. She ordered a pen from Japan about a week ago. Total cost? £6 including postage! Arrived 7 days later. It's some sort of non soluble ink pen that she can use with water colouring.undecided  I just pay the bills. Still, she tickled pink. It keeps her occupied. 

Enjoy your trip this weekend Helen. Not been to that CL so you'll have to report back.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook