What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

nelliethehooker replied on 08/01/2019 21:03

Posted on 08/01/2019 19:44 by HelenandTrevor

Nellie we are staying at Blackwell Hall, (Trevor's choice)  this time. There are several nice ones to choose from. Where are you heading next on your tour.?

Posted on 08/01/2019 21:03

We're going to Goatfell Farm, near Leek tomorrow. Not been before but it has good reviews and Moulsey has booked to go there later in the year so great minds and all that. We've spent a couple of Christmases at Blackwell Hall, and by co-incidence OH mentioned that we'd not thought about that site as a follow on from here. 

Congratulations TG, it was our 50th a few months back but we don't bother with celebrations.... we just headed out in the van as usual!!

Happy birthday to Mrs WN. Hope that she got what she wanted in Liverpool.

HelenandTrevor replied on 08/01/2019 21:15

Posted on 08/01/2019 21:15

Safe trip for tomorrow Nellie,  we haven't used Goatfell Farm, but used Lower Moorend View, just down the road last year. If you get chance visit the The Yew Tree Inn at Cauldon, amazing pub, more like a museum laughing.

nelliethehooker replied on 08/01/2019 21:34

Posted on 08/01/2019 21:15 by HelenandTrevor

Safe trip for tomorrow Nellie,  we haven't used Goatfell Farm, but used Lower Moorend View, just down the road last year. If you get chance visit the The Yew Tree Inn at Cauldon, amazing pub, more like a museum laughing.

Posted on 08/01/2019 21:34

Thanks. There's a pub within walking distance of Blackwell Hall, up on the main road, don't know it's name but appeared quite popular. Steep walk down to the Miller's Dale but good walking in all directions.

milliehull replied on 09/01/2019 08:54

Posted on 09/01/2019 08:54

Just catching up on here now that we are home.  Congratulations Mr and Mrs Tammygirl.  Also Happy Birthday to Mrs WN. I am glad she had a nice birthday and found a few things to buy. I must now catch up on jobs at home and put a couple of loads of washing in.  Have a good day everyone.

Oneputt replied on 09/01/2019 13:12

Posted on 09/01/2019 13:12

Just booked Barleywood for our first trip of the year starting Friday.  Need to be a bit cautious as there has been a lot of flooding along the coast.  But sure we will have a great time and walk miles and see fantastic wildlife.

Bakers2 replied on 09/01/2019 16:34

Posted on 09/01/2019 16:34

Walked into town, returned one of the 3 pairs of wedding shoes to Clark's they were online order. They suggested M&S for wide fitting so toddled in there to be surprised by new stock in! Tried on several pairs, sizes a bit bizarre, but have ordered in a red pair of court shoes, sadly they don't come in navy or I'd have ordered those too. Be in store after 12 noon tomorrow. Not a bad service but holding a decent stock of sizes would be so much better. Then we are told we are shopping more online!

Had decided on a nude colour so all were originally that and settled on a pair from remaining 2 pairs. Made the mistake of sending photo of my feet in shoes with the dress to son - his comments a little harsh re colour 😯. Checked out the Hotter web page to find the ones I've settled on do come in red and navy, just didn't have in Freeport's outlet store. Phoned to check a couple of points as not the same shoe name. Ordered red and navy in those - bonus in the sale but not as reduced as outlet ones, and qualify for free delivery to home. Estimated 3-5 days for home delivery 7 for in store, also no 20 minute drive to collect and then return at least 3 pairs, if not 4, in due course. I consider it a result OH rolling his eyes 😢😤. 

We go to order his suit with son Saturday next together with shoes. Naturally once colour and size are sorted they will fit. Cos mens shoes are foot shape 😤😤. How sensible is that?

Enjoy your trip HelenandTrevor and Oneputt. I feel I could use one myself.

Went to optician for eye check, self referred as I feel my cataract getting worse. It most certainly is. She'll refer me again. Bless her she's as cross at consultants response in November as I am and will state its second request, she said in passing her next patient had similar to me in November when referred and they did hers and she was in for check up after! Since November its changed by 2 increments for distance. 7 in total since last April, luckily I wear lenses which are cheaper to change! I'm going to look at private costs, but I fear the shoes my have scuppered my chances 😂😂😂

brue replied on 09/01/2019 17:13

Posted on 09/01/2019 17:13

Much easier to take shoes back B2, I ordered a chest of drawers from Marks and Spencer, we discovered it has a very visible manufacturing fault, what a palaver to sort out (and it's not sorted out yet!)

Hope you can get your eye appointments arranged properly this time round.

Wherenext replied on 09/01/2019 19:22

Posted on 09/01/2019 19:22

What do you mean, Bakers, that mens shoes always fit????? FAT CHANCE!

I have small feet but quite wide. It's a faff trying to get good ones to fit and I hate trying. I'll do anything to hang onto comfortable shoes. Mrs WN says it's a good job she doesn't mind being seen with a Hobo (whatever one of them is).

Anyway today was strange. First off the plumber agreed to call to fit the new shower. Amazing. Then I took MIL for an appointment with her doctor. Upshot is another "urgent" appointment at hospital for a different problem from the first "urgent" one. Plus blood tests and a revisit on Monday to said doctors. Her normal stable BP is through the roof so something is amiss. Glad we're at home and not away in the ''van.

Wherenext replied on 09/01/2019 19:24

Posted on 09/01/2019 13:12 by Oneputt

Just booked Barleywood for our first trip of the year starting Friday.  Need to be a bit cautious as there has been a lot of flooding along the coast.  But sure we will have a great time and walk miles and see fantastic wildlife.

Posted on 09/01/2019 19:24

You can go off some people.yelllaughing

Enjoy it.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook