What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

replied on 08/01/2019 09:14

Posted on 08/01/2019 09:14

Maybe they could not get a standard door height 4'' shorter. laughing

Tammygirl replied on 08/01/2019 13:42

Posted on 07/01/2019 23:57 by DSB

Thanks Brue.  Actually, Bailey, or any other manufacturer are not actually accepting responsibility for all the axle problems that are occurring.  They are saying things like, they think the caravan might have been overloaded at sometime during its ownership, but as a 'gesture of goodwill' they are agreeing to replace our axle.  Unfortunately, not everyone is getting the 'gesture of goodwill' letter, and some are being left with a huge bill!  We were one of the lucky ones!

David

Posted on 08/01/2019 13:42

Glad that Bailey did right by you DSB, they are not always the best at customer care, although like you we didn't have a problem getting them to fix the damp we had in the MH. It does I believe help if you have a good dealer.

We changed to a caravan last August but we have a squeal from the nearside brake, checking it out on Coachman forum there seems to be a lot of them having the same issue. Some are reporting that its to do with the Alko axle while others are not so sure, having spoke to our dealer (same one as MH) he doesn't think its a major issue but happy to look at it, only time will tell I guess.

Tammygirl replied on 08/01/2019 13:47

Posted on 08/01/2019 13:47

Last night was very windy but this morning all seems to have quieten down. Our grand daughter came to stay last night before we take her back to school this afternoon, she is currently flopped out on her bed, texting her friends to see what time they are all going to be back, as she doesn't want to be the last one to arrive. laughinglaughing

Today we have been married 47 years smile not doing anything special though we might pick up a take away on our way home from the school.

Cyber, enjoy your DIY, does make you wonder why they would do something like that. Hope the mod goes well.

milliehull replied on 08/01/2019 13:47

Posted on 08/01/2019 13:47

Pleased to hear that both Helen and tda had good trips away.

Hope all is well with you and your family moulesy.

We are at the airport waiting for our flight home from NI. We have had a lovely 5 days with the family. I cant believe how lucky we have been with the weather. A little chilly at times but dry with no wind and sun on some days. We have had lots of walks with the grandchildren and their pup. She is such a good little thing and already sits and lies down to command and looks very pleased with herself when she does. I have a feeling that she is going to be twice the size when we next see her. It was very hard to say goodbye to them all.

Wherenext replied on 08/01/2019 16:44

Posted on 08/01/2019 16:44

Congrats, Tammy to both you and the fortunate other.

Funnily enough we also have a celebration today as it's Mrs.WNs birthday. We went to Liverpool as there is a good art shop there, Cass Art, and I promised her some extra pocket money.laughing  We really enjoyed the few hours, not stopping too long as MiL at home waiting on an urgent call from hospital. Still, it was nice to get out. There is a great international food shop there. Small place, always has customers so I took advantage and bought some stuff you can't find in Tesco.

Loads of homeless on the streets in the centre. Whats our country(ies) coming to?

Takethedogalong replied on 08/01/2019 17:02

Posted on 08/01/2019 17:02

Day at home today, sorting a few little jobs out, putting some Xmas gifts away. Searching for our White Rose passports now, we are heading over border tomorrow, into Lancashire. Manchester mainly, to spend some cash.............🤗

Francis replied on 08/01/2019 17:25

Posted on 08/01/2019 13:42 by Tammygirl

Glad that Bailey did right by you DSB, they are not always the best at customer care, although like you we didn't have a problem getting them to fix the damp we had in the MH. It does I believe help if you have a good dealer.

We changed to a caravan last August but we have a squeal from the nearside brake, checking it out on Coachman forum there seems to be a lot of them having the same issue. Some are reporting that its to do with the Alko axle while others are not so sure, having spoke to our dealer (same one as MH) he doesn't think its a major issue but happy to look at it, only time will tell I guess.

Posted on 08/01/2019 17:25

TG. We had a squeely brake on our caravan last year it was very loud when coming to a roundabout ect. The van was in for its first servive at the dealers in November and since we have had it back there have been no further noise and we have towed it about 500 miles since.It must just have needed adjusting. Hopefully yours will be the same.

JVB66 replied on 08/01/2019 17:43

Posted on 07/01/2019 23:57 by DSB

Thanks Brue.  Actually, Bailey, or any other manufacturer are not actually accepting responsibility for all the axle problems that are occurring.  They are saying things like, they think the caravan might have been overloaded at sometime during its ownership, but as a 'gesture of goodwill' they are agreeing to replace our axle.  Unfortunately, not everyone is getting the 'gesture of goodwill' letter, and some are being left with a huge bill!  We were one of the lucky ones!

David

Posted on 08/01/2019 17:43

I think any company that does not accept a" problem" but will help with a "gesture of goodwill" knows there is a problem but is hoping that a court ruling against them is averted

Oneputt replied on 08/01/2019 17:51

Posted on 08/01/2019 17:51

Had a walk down the river and onto the beach today.  Had a couple of very high tides in the last couple of days so was surprised the beach was left flooded.  

Photos show beach on normal sunny day and second one how it was today.

JVB66 replied on 08/01/2019 18:00

Posted on 08/01/2019 18:00

It has been a very sunny day here but with a very cold wind, i,had not seen or heard our green parakeets since after last years "beast from the east"   then out with Rosa this afternoon heard one then a little flock of 6 or7 flew overhead surprised

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook