What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 09/01/2019 19:45

Posted on 09/01/2019 19:22 by Wherenext

What do you mean, Bakers, that mens shoes always fit????? FAT CHANCE!

I have small feet but quite wide. It's a faff trying to get good ones to fit and I hate trying. I'll do anything to hang onto comfortable shoes. Mrs WN says it's a good job she doesn't mind being seen with a Hobo (whatever one of them is).

Anyway today was strange. First off the plumber agreed to call to fit the new shower. Amazing. Then I took MIL for an appointment with her doctor. Upshot is another "urgent" appointment at hospital for a different problem from the first "urgent" one. Plus blood tests and a revisit on Monday to said doctors. Her normal stable BP is through the roof so something is amiss. Glad we're at home and not away in the ''van.

Posted on 09/01/2019 19:45

Sorry I had no idea men could have shoe issues - apologises 😉. Please assure Mrs WN she is not the only one who doesn't mind being seen with a hobo 😂😂.

Gosh seems like good service from your GP, best wishes to your MIL. Sometimes it's less stressful not to be away at such times, no decisions to make about returning.

Wherenext replied on 09/01/2019 19:53

Posted on 09/01/2019 19:53

Actually poor service from GP, Bakers. 

She went to them with a problem with her ear about 2 months ago. Nurse told her to get the syringed without checking. We took her about a month later. No need for syringing so she went to her hearing aid supplier. No problem there but he did send a letter to her GP to investigate urgently, hence today, where her GP an unhappy bunny. He apologised saying she should have been seen 2 months ago! That's the problem with having to go through nurses first these days.

We're just worried that there may be a serious underlying problem.

milliehull replied on 09/01/2019 20:46

Posted on 09/01/2019 20:46

Sorry to hear about your MIL's problems WN. Very worrying for all of you.  There seems to be such a lot of 'red tape' before things get moving with the NHS these days. I hope it gets resolved soon.

Bakers2. I always wear Hotter shoes these days as I now have wide feet and also other foot problems. I am depressed to hear that they have changed the parameters for cataracts. I am still waiting to be referred and mine is getting worse. I find life very difficult in situations where I can't wear my glasses, like swimming. Also if I look at the clock in the middle of the night I cant see the time despite it being a large digital display 😡.

Enjoy Barleywood OP. I hope you also have  a good trip Helen.

nelliethehooker replied on 09/01/2019 20:54

Posted on 09/01/2019 20:54

Sorry to hear about MIL's problems, WN. Hope that it's all sorted out soon.

Welcome back millie, glad that your trip went well.

Enjoy your stay at Barleywood, OP.

We had frost overnight but fortunately the water didn't freeze. We moved on to Goatfell Fm CL today, and ran into a very unexpected snow flurry!! Thankfully it only lasted a few minutes, and the sun came out, but it was still rather chilly, about 2C. We did have a red sky tonight so perhaps we'll have a fine day tomorrow.

Bakers2 replied on 09/01/2019 21:01

Posted on 09/01/2019 21:01

Milliehull they have changed the parameters for cataracts in October 2017, not just vision now. Check out NICE guidelines. When I went last November, 13 months after the change,the consultant I saw reckoned they hadn't- "otherwise had have known". Sadly I went unprepared, but then I wouldn't want him doing it anyway! Sounds like you may qualify. I e just checked the private cost locally not too bad, I'll bide my time 😂😂

Hotter seem to be making nicer looking shoes. I like Vionic shoes as they have lots of support but despite being designed by a podiatrist they cut into bunions 😱. I also like Romika and Josef Siebel. I actually bought Padders last Saturday - bliss.

Takethedogalong replied on 09/01/2019 21:35

Posted on 09/01/2019 21:35

WN, just a thought. Is your MIL using any prescribed eye drops? My Mum was, and it turned out to be root cause of some of her BP and heartbeat issues. She is now fine after stopping the drops. I mention it because GPs hadn’t picked up on this at first.

For those with foot issues, I have plantar fasciitis, very painful at times. Can recommend Sketchers shoes for comfort and relief, although not for special occasions! I can fit my prescription insoles into them and they work fine.

milliehull replied on 09/01/2019 21:53

Posted on 09/01/2019 21:35 by Takethedogalong

WN, just a thought. Is your MIL using any prescribed eye drops? My Mum was, and it turned out to be root cause of some of her BP and heartbeat issues. She is now fine after stopping the drops. I mention it because GPs hadn’t picked up on this at first.

For those with foot issues, I have plantar fasciitis, very painful at times. Can recommend Sketchers shoes for comfort and relief, although not for special occasions! I can fit my prescription insoles into them and they work fine.

Posted on 09/01/2019 21:53

Thanks nth. OH has some Sketchers and says they are the most comfortable shoes he has ever had. 

Oneputt replied on 09/01/2019 22:03

Posted on 09/01/2019 21:53 by milliehull

Thanks nth. OH has some Sketchers and says they are the most comfortable shoes he has ever had. 

Posted on 09/01/2019 22:03

Totally agree Millie, I have Sketcher trainers,comfortable from day 1.🌞

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook