What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 11/01/2019 21:20

Posted on 11/01/2019 21:20

We are cottage hunting, must sleep four and two dogs. North Norfolk is looking good, some nice ones in Lakes as well, and North Yorkshire. Some of reviews are “interesting”.

HelenandTrevor replied on 12/01/2019 16:20

Posted on 12/01/2019 16:20

Back at the van now. Had a fab day,  walked down the Monsal trail and along to Litton Mill,  crossed the river and walked back via the lane. Met up with son and his girlfriend while enjoying  a welcome hot drink from the van parked at the old station. 

Then walked along the trail in the opposite direction,   watched the children absailing off the bridge rather them than me 😉 

Late lunch at the Anglers Rest. Now resting my weary legs. 😂 

Tammygirl replied on 12/01/2019 17:43

Posted on 12/01/2019 17:43

Another very nice mild day smile managed another couple of hours in the garden, brown bins full + another black dustbin full. Still got 1 more bed to do and another border, loving that I can get it done before we jet off.

OH washed my car today smile then went into his shed to do MAN things laughing

Late afternoon spent browsing the internet.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

Oneputt replied on 12/01/2019 18:20

Posted on 12/01/2019 18:20

Lulled to sleep last night by three Twany Owls calling, no insomniac here.  Spent the morning at Scunthorpe reserve, what a fantastic site this is, totally wheelchair friendly including entry ad visibility in the hides.  Plenty of birds around so really made up. After lunch had a walk around the lanes to South Creake and back.  Weather is windy but mild. 🦉

Bakers2 replied on 12/01/2019 20:40

Posted on 12/01/2019 20:34 by milliehull

OH has man flu 😩

Posted on 12/01/2019 20:40

My sympathies to you milliehull.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Mr milliehull. Hope it's not what I and OH had it came and went and generally hung about. Still not completely convinced it's gone 😯

milliehull replied on 12/01/2019 21:11

Posted on 12/01/2019 21:11

Thanks bakers2. It's put paid to any plans this weekend. Hopefully it won't hang about for  too long. I hope both you and your OH are fully recovered. Roll on spring. 😊.  I hope you have had some shoe success. Is your wedding outfit sorted?

Bakers2 replied on 12/01/2019 21:36

Posted on 12/01/2019 21:36

Yes most of outfit sorted, foot and head to go 😂😂. Bought dress last July in the extreme heat following a hospital appointment in London, whilst looking for somewhere to lunch. It's known as the sandwich! Jacket followed equally easily along with 2, one in each colour, dressy clutch bags!. One pair of shoes M&S collected and tried on 😯 think colour a little off and reasonably comfy. Other 2 pairs in distribution centre. Will dress up properly when they arrive and if its warm enough. 

Not sure if headwear or footwear worse to tackle 😂😂

nelliethehooker replied on 12/01/2019 21:43

Posted on 12/01/2019 21:43

Glad that you had good day out H&T, did you miss the rain? We did the lower half of the Manifold Valley trail today as it was rather wet and quite windy to start off with up at the van, and following yesterday's muddy walk decided to stick to hard tracks today.

Sorry to hear about OH's flu, millie, and hope that he and both of the B2's are fully recovered soon.

Sounds that you've had the best of the weather today TG, and made full use of it too. Can't be too long till you trip away, now.

Wherenext replied on 12/01/2019 21:51

Posted on 12/01/2019 21:51

Bakers, in order to save your poor bunions can I suggest that the best footwear will be a pair of your comfy hiking shoes. Honestly, no-one will remember whether your clutch bag(? eh?) matches the rest of your outfit. Sorted. Just remember to take the mud off them first!smile

No need for thanks. Mrs WN always says my dress sense leaves one speechless. What more praise can I have?

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook