What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

milliehull replied on 13/01/2019 10:08

Posted on 12/01/2019 21:51 by Wherenext

Bakers, in order to save your poor bunions can I suggest that the best footwear will be a pair of your comfy hiking shoes. Honestly, no-one will remember whether your clutch bag(? eh?) matches the rest of your outfit. Sorted. Just remember to take the mud off them first!smile

No need for thanks. Mrs WN always says my dress sense leaves one speechless. What more praise can I have?

Posted on 13/01/2019 10:08

laughing

replied on 13/01/2019 10:15

Posted on 13/01/2019 10:15

Every time I point out 'sensible' lace up footwear for OH she rolls her eyes ......... why is this? wink

Bakers2 replied on 13/01/2019 10:45

Bakers, in order to save your poor bunions can I suggest that the best footwear will be a pair of your comfy hiking shoes. Honestly, no-one will remember whether your clutch bag(? eh?) matches the rest of your outfit. Sorted. Just remember to take the mud off them first!smile

No need for thanks. Mrs WN always says my dress sense leaves one speechless. What more praise can I have?

Posted on 13/01/2019 10:45

I've got my eye on bright red patent leather DM's. OH frowned, haven't checked with son 😉. Colour would be good, saves dyeing my walking boots. Incidently I almost live in them 😂😂. Fine with jeans or even trousers. We met cousin of DIL2B Boxing Day for a walk, unbeknownst to me he's ex army, he remarked on the shine on my walking boots 😂😂

Bakers2 replied on 13/01/2019 10:50

Posted on 13/01/2019 10:15 by

Every time I point out 'sensible' lace up footwear for OH she rolls her eyes ......... why is this? wink

Posted on 13/01/2019 10:50

Because we have been indoctrinated by society, adverts etc that women's feet should be squashed into under shapes and high heels. Why we couldn't have left them to the men instead of stealing them a few centuries back I have no idea. Incidently I've rarely worn such shoes but still suffer! 

replied on 13/01/2019 10:56

Posted on 13/01/2019 10:56

I had to laugh about 8 years ago we were meeting 96 others for a meal in a restaurant. 

Knowing that there was little parking there I stopped about 400 or 500 yards away so we could stroll down. OH was wearing a pair of those 'killer heels' and said I cant walk down there in these shoes. laughing

JVB66 replied on 13/01/2019 11:18

Posted on 13/01/2019 11:18

Thats what my OH says to me,about my dress sense or i just get "the look"she even was one of those that insisted on always me having clean pants when going anywheresurprised got round that one by not wearing anywink 

brue replied on 13/01/2019 11:26

Posted on 13/01/2019 11:26

We had a strange step back in time moment last night, we had free tickets for our local theatre. I knew there was a back up music act but hadn't looked it up, then first on to the stage came the Nashville Teens (now the Nashville Oldies wink) so we heard Tobacco Road at full blast then we had Cliff Bennett and the Rebel Rousers also of the Beatles era so we heard "Got to get you into my life" etc etc. Good music but weird to be sitting down listening to it with other ageing teenagers. laughing

replied on 13/01/2019 11:36

Posted on 13/01/2019 11:18 by JVB66

Thats what my OH says to me,about my dress sense or i just get "the look"she even was one of those that insisted on always me having clean pants when going anywheresurprised got round that one by not wearing anywink 

Posted on 13/01/2019 11:36

Strange folk wimmin. They seem to think it necessary to have the lights on when choosing clothes, that left and right socks need to match and that yellow and green don't match.  smile

Takethedogalong replied on 13/01/2019 11:57

Posted on 13/01/2019 11:57

I used to be seriously high maintenance in my younger years, loved clothes and shoes. Thirty plus years of dog ownership and dog walking has overtaken my life now. For all but a few days a year, the odd special occasion, I seem to be in dog proof gear and sensible shoes. So any pampering I get is usually dog proof (eyebrows and eyelashes mainly) even a nail paint barely gets time to dry before some beastie needs attention!  ðŸ™„

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook