What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Metheven replied on 09/02/2017 20:39

Posted on 09/02/2017 20:39

Malc, my wife had similar but not as frightening as your experience. She is normally very fit and is good for 12 miles with her walking club but slowly lost energy and was continuously tired, her blood test came back as 'anemia' being the cause and was put on a high dose of iron.

Nothing in her diet or lifestyle had changed to cause her blood count to drop, the tablets restored this after a few weeks and it has never re-occurred. Nearly two years on and blood tests are normal so a blip in the system!!

Rest up innocent and do as you're told tongue-out

ABM replied on 09/02/2017 20:42

Posted on 09/02/2017 20:42

Malcolm,  so  sorry  to  hear  of  your  illness,  wish 

you  all  the  very  best.

Just  remember  that  if  your  body  has  been  making

low  quality  blood  for  a  while,  then  unless  the  Docs

can  say  &  fix  what  it  was,  then  you'll  be  heading 

down  the  same  route  even  after  the  the  transfusion  !!

So  Please,  please  take  care  of  yourself  and  tell  the

Boss  it's  His  Slave  Driving  that  is  to  blame ( Even  if

it  isn't  wink   !)

trellis replied on 09/02/2017 21:00

Posted on 09/02/2017 21:00

Malcolm,so sorry to hear of your illness , remember work isn't the be all and end all ,so rest up mate and hopefully you'll be back fighting fit very soon.laughing.

Bakers2 replied on 09/02/2017 21:23

Posted on 09/02/2017 21:23

Malcolm very sorry to read your post. Very frightening and I would think incredibly serious for them to telephone you at 3am and send an ambulance. PLEASE take your health seriously without it you are b*****ed. Did they not suggest you remain from work or not drive? Personally I would suggest that you need longer to recover before returning to work, there will always be delivery driver work. Also were you to have an accident your health maybe taken into account. Please think about your wife and her position. Nagging over I wish you a speedy recovery and a decent rest. Hopefully they will find the cause swiftly.

replied on 09/02/2017 21:32

Posted on 09/02/2017 20:39 by Metheven

Malc, my wife had similar but not as frightening as your experience. She is normally very fit and is good for 12 miles with her walking club but slowly lost energy and was continuously tired, her blood test came back as 'anemia' being the cause and was put on a high dose of iron.

Nothing in her diet or lifestyle had changed to cause her blood count to drop, the tablets restored this after a few weeks and it has never re-occurred. Nearly two years on and blood tests are normal so a blip in the system!!

Rest up innocent and do as you're told tongue-out

Posted on 09/02/2017 21:32

Many thanks for your post DaveFL2. What a relief to know that your wife fully recovered from this and that it never re-occurred. That gives me hope. Isn't it strange how it can suddenly and unexpectedly happen?

nelliethehooker replied on 09/02/2017 21:50

Posted on 09/02/2017 14:30 by Wherenext

Not nice MM. Hope you're going to take some time off for recovery. Give up the day job before it gives you up.

NTH - Didn't get to the Edge as Mrs. WN wasn't too great so we pottered. Now in Chester awaiting appt with the driller killer! A masochistic affair! Glad you and M had a good day. The Lakes can't be beat in good weather.

Posted on 09/02/2017 21:50

Sorry to hear that Mrs WN wasn't feeling too good yesterday. We hope that she's feeling better today. Also hope that the visit your "friend" wasn't too painful, in more ways than one.

nelliethehooker replied on 09/02/2017 21:57

Posted on 09/02/2017 21:57

Hope you have a speedy recovery, Malcolm. Your health is more important than your work, so make sure that you are fully it before returning to the delivery job.Take care of yourself.

Pliers replied on 09/02/2017 22:07

Posted on 09/02/2017 22:07

Malcolm, feet up and take it easy.

All the best from me for a full and speedy recovery.

Big hug. 😊😊😊

replied on 10/02/2017 01:54

Posted on 09/02/2017 22:07 by Pliers

Malcolm, feet up and take it easy.

All the best from me for a full and speedy recovery.

Big hug. 😊😊😊

Posted on 10/02/2017 01:54

Thanks, Pliers. First evening at home from hospital and had a nice meal with a much larger portion than the hospital meals. My appetite was back and nice to have an evening off without having having to do fast food deliveries! The boss asked about return to work and seemed ok about tomorrow's return.

Oneputt replied on 10/02/2017 07:17

Posted on 10/02/2017 07:17

Malc firstly what you doing up at 2am and secondly having just got over a life threatening situation your boss is OK with you going back to work tomorrow, don't you get the idea that he is using you and not at all bothered by your well being! 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook