What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

triky auto replied on 10/02/2017 10:55

Posted on 10/02/2017 10:55

wink Not cold this morning at B.H.F.Low cloud and gloomy though.Did a bit of shopping Folkestone and Hythe yesterday ,(using the " Smart").Evening meal in the pub' over the road "The Black Horse".Lovely chicken curry.Really good cooking and food ,good portions too.Had a bit of a lay-in till 09.30.Off to check out the motorhome park-up behind "The Drum" at nearby Stanford North today ,maybe lunch too.Will report back later .wink.

The Ovaltineys replied on 10/02/2017 11:10

Posted on 10/02/2017 11:10

Malc, that is why you need to forget the idea that you are only suitable for a driving job. No one is going to 'head hunt' you, you need to be proactive and search and apply for a better job.

brue replied on 10/02/2017 11:28

Posted on 10/02/2017 10:55 by triky auto

wink Not cold this morning at B.H.F.Low cloud and gloomy though.Did a bit of shopping Folkestone and Hythe yesterday ,(using the " Smart").Evening meal in the pub' over the road "The Black Horse".Lovely chicken curry.Really good cooking and food ,good portions too.Had a bit of a lay-in till 09.30.Off to check out the motorhome park-up behind "The Drum" at nearby Stanford North today ,maybe lunch too.Will report back later .wink.

Posted on 10/02/2017 11:28

Have a good day Triky. It's freezing cold here so I'm not doing much. smile

Goldie146 replied on 10/02/2017 12:09

Posted on 10/02/2017 12:09

Very cold here this morning. I've resisted lighting the wood burner as long as possible (the Aga gives some background heat - if only people would stop opening the door and standing on the step to talk, and letting the cold in!). But the stove is warming up now.

We've no folk gigs this weekend, but instead are celebrating Birthdays - my husband and younger (by 10 minutes) brother. A meal out for four of us tonight and a family do at home tomorrow (cooking my favourite food - Cook's Privilege).

They may be 69 tomorrow - but sometimes still wear the same clothes. Unintentionally of course.

KjellNN replied on 10/02/2017 12:10

Posted on 10/02/2017 10:07 by

Thanks for the reply JVB66. We try to work a way of squeezing other personal things that need doing in between deliveries such as housework, shopping etc. breaks for a cup of tea or coffee or something to eat. Sometimes we can get a two hour break between the time the lunchtime orders finish and the evening orders start and we do make use of that time for ourselves.

Anyhow, after much wrangling with the boss this morning, he has finally agreed to let us have one day off a week. He has agreed we can have Thursday off which will at least give us one day rest before the busiest days of the weekend start.

My wife has been arguing with the boss on several occasions about how unreasonable it is to expect us to work 11 hours a day 7 days a week. She likes to keep a tidy home and needs time to do that which we were previously refused. 

Posted on 10/02/2017 12:10

Malcolm, you need to remind this person that  he is NOT your boss, not if he considers you to be, and pays you as, self employed.

YOU are your own boss and can decide how many hours you want to work, if he doesn't like that then he can either offer you a contract as an employee, or he can find someone else to take on the hours/days when you are having a break.

Instead of working yourself into an early grave, can you not apply for a top up to your pension if you are struggling?  Outside my  knowledge, but did Ian not advise you to look into this already?

Your health must be your priority now.  Please iook after  yourself .

brue replied on 10/02/2017 12:19

Posted on 10/02/2017 12:09 by Goldie146

Very cold here this morning. I've resisted lighting the wood burner as long as possible (the Aga gives some background heat - if only people would stop opening the door and standing on the step to talk, and letting the cold in!). But the stove is warming up now.

We've no folk gigs this weekend, but instead are celebrating Birthdays - my husband and younger (by 10 minutes) brother. A meal out for four of us tonight and a family do at home tomorrow (cooking my favourite food - Cook's Privilege).

They may be 69 tomorrow - but sometimes still wear the same clothes. Unintentionally of course.

Posted on 10/02/2017 12:19

Hope you all enjoy the celebrations Goldie. Our next evening outing is to see "Round the Horne" which is on tour from the Apollo Theatre, London. I'm wondering if it will be anything like the radio original but the reviews are good.smile

ABM replied on 10/02/2017 15:45

Posted on 10/02/2017 15:45

Spent  a  while  doing  "The  Accounts"  I.E.

putting  bills  in  their  correct  places  !! 

All  this  after  taking  Aged  Sister  to  Leighton

Hospital  for  checks and / or repairs  to  a  "Bleeding 

Eye"  so  now  just  playing  on  line  waiting  for

the  phone  call  to  collect  her  &  take  her  back

to  the  comforting  paws  of  Alfie  the  Moggy  !

What  are  the  odds  on  Brian  sitting  here  for

hours  and  then  getting  a  call  "Just  to let  you

know  the  taxi  has  delivered  me  ok "

independent  old ***** ##### ( OK,  OK  all

older  siblings  are  the  same  I  know   wink  )

moulesy replied on 10/02/2017 16:02

Posted on 10/02/2017 16:02

Our last full day here in Hawkshead, and another clear, dry but very cold one! We drove to Ambleside and walked along to Rydal Water up Loughrigg Terraces and on to the summit of Loughrigg Fell, not the highest by any means but with magnificent views over to Langdale and back towards Helvellyn. A stiff climb but very rewarding and Harry, who'll be 11 tomorrow, pulling every step of the way!

A slight navigational hiatus on our descent made it a slighly longer (and as I explained to Mrs M, infinitely more interesting) walk than intended!

Now safely back at the cottage with the stove roaring away and a cuppa awaiting.

Wherenext replied on 10/02/2017 16:05

Posted on 10/02/2017 16:05

A nice easy potter home from the CL. Enjoyed our 5 nights away and the caravan behaved itself impeccably after its service. All unpacked, washing done, all that's needed is a wash down for the van tomorrow and a hoover and we're ready for the next one.

The dentists visit yesterday didn't go too badly but I need to return in 3 weeks and if top tooth not settled down then more investigations will be necessary. There's always something to look forward to isn't there?

Started to sort out my motor insurance which is due in a weeks time. Looks like a switch is on the cards. A £100 saving is better in my pocket than the insurers and I'm happy I'm not downgrading with the companies involved. It's like a merry-go-round each year.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Metheven replied on 10/02/2017 16:43

Posted on 10/02/2017 16:43

Just booked the tunnel, first and last sites near to Calais and Red Pennant cover. Now I know it won't be long laughing

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook