What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

trellis replied on 10/02/2017 17:48

Posted on 10/02/2017 10:55 by triky auto

wink Not cold this morning at B.H.F.Low cloud and gloomy though.Did a bit of shopping Folkestone and Hythe yesterday ,(using the " Smart").Evening meal in the pub' over the road "The Black Horse".Lovely chicken curry.Really good cooking and food ,good portions too.Had a bit of a lay-in till 09.30.Off to check out the motorhome park-up behind "The Drum" at nearby Stanford North today ,maybe lunch too.Will report back later .wink.

Posted on 10/02/2017 17:48

Triky , Have you been to the garden centre just up the road from bhf (towards Canterbury) , the café/restaurant is really nice . They do a really good breakfast ,a real heart attack on a plate .laughing

Bakers2 replied on 10/02/2017 18:12

Posted on 10/02/2017 18:12

Well I managed to type more words on my Kindle this morning before this site started eating them, and I thought the issue was resolved, but got excited too soon - story of my life wink.  On the laptop at the moment, just thought I'd pop in whilst looking up something else.

Good to hear folks news, I just haven't posted because it's not convenient unless on the right equipment.  Managed the Malcolm post on the Kindle this morning - hopefully Malcolm you will take the advice of those on here who care about you enough to post smile.  As far as any of us knows we only pass this way but once!  So taking care of yourself goes for us all.

It's been bitterly cold here again today, as was yesterday surprised.  Grey heavy leaden skies sleet/snow showers.  Met a friend for lunch, first time I've seen her since her grandson's death before Christmas.  Good to catch up and we were able to talk about him and his tragic loss. 

Have finally finished quiet activity book for my granddaughter - not quite as I saw it in my minds eye, but younger granddaughter WILL NOT be getting one sealed.  Just need to write on cards for daughters wedding anniversary and granddaughter birthday card, thank goodness her mum bought her birthday present, a BBQ, when she saw it before Christmas,, and post by Monday.

Hubby finished refreshing the decorating in second bedroom, bought new linen and curtains this week for it.  Just need a decent day to wash the new linen before putting on the bed.  Carpet to be put back around the skirting tomorrow.  He reckons to start on bedroom three tomorrow, definitely no change of linen or curtains in there innocent.

Enjoy your weekend folks home or away and stay warm.

ABM replied on 10/02/2017 20:05

Posted on 10/02/2017 20:05

Well  Well  Well,  every  days  a  school  day  they  say !

Having  dropped  Aged  Sister  off  at  10:00  today  and

said  I'd  wait  for  her  call  I  really thought  she'd  do  her

Own  thing  but  at  5:00  this  evening  the  call  came

from  a  rather  tired  Lady cool !!  Seven  hours in  a  very busy

hospital  and  limited  breaks  for  food  &  drink  and

a  shock  to  the  system,  having  learned  its  a  monthly

trip  for  a  while,  and  continuing  at  greater  spacings

for  the  next  three  years  surprised  !!

At  least  the  cat  had  the  settees  to  himself  !!

IanH replied on 10/02/2017 20:10

Posted on 10/02/2017 20:10

Malcolm....the recent Pimlico Plumbers case further reinforced the fact that you are an employee, not self employed.

You are entitled to paid sick leave, paid holidays and minimum wage.

Insist on it.

KjellNN replied on 10/02/2017 20:53

Posted on 10/02/2017 20:53

I saw that earlier today and immediately thought of Malcolm.

Terrible how some businesses take advantage of people.

triky auto replied on 11/02/2017 11:11

Posted on 11/02/2017 11:11

Overnight snow here at B.H.F.has left us with an inch of cover.Still snowing on & off .Temperature outside is 1 degree,inside the "Concord" is 19 wink.

" The Drum Inn" 

Stanford North (just off the B2068)

Hythe --Canterbury J 11 --M20.

Overnight camping ,5 hard standing,,3 grass.all with hook-up.

Steep ramp on approach through the car park though.

email-thedruminn@hotmail.com

web-www.thedruminn.com

01303-812125.    TN25-6DN 

replied on 11/02/2017 11:46

Posted on 11/02/2017 11:46

I completed my first day back at work but not without incident. The Smart car broke down just as I was on my last delivery. The dashboard just showed the message malfunction and after that it ran on restricted power. Maximum speed 20 mph.

So this morning I rang the boss to say I couldn't come into work today also because I was still feeling unwell and not fully recovered from the hospital treatment. So I got a lecture about being unreliable!

JVB66 replied on 11/02/2017 12:01

Posted on 11/02/2017 11:46 by

I completed my first day back at work but not without incident. The Smart car broke down just as I was on my last delivery. The dashboard just showed the message malfunction and after that it ran on restricted power. Maximum speed 20 mph.

So this morning I rang the boss to say I couldn't come into work today also because I was still feeling unwell and not fully recovered from the hospital treatment. So I got a lecture about being unreliable!

Posted on 11/02/2017 12:01

Malcolm, your "boss? has a legal obligation for the welfare of his "staff"as has yet again been proved in court,so as said many times on here by numerous posters,so have you got a legal employment contract? or are you self employed? just mention to him the last few court cases that people in his position have lost because of their attitude to their "staff" and your rights,

You really need to think what you are doing and how it is probably affecting your young wife, and her future if you are not going to look after your self 

The Ovaltineys replied on 11/02/2017 12:24

Posted on 11/02/2017 12:24

Malcolm, a quick question that only requires a Yes/No answer -

Do you see yourself still being there next Christmas?

triky auto replied on 11/02/2017 12:28

Posted on 10/02/2017 17:48 by trellis

Triky , Have you been to the garden centre just up the road from bhf (towards Canterbury) , the café/restaurant is really nice . They do a really good breakfast ,a real heart attack on a plate .laughing

Posted on 11/02/2017 12:28

wink, Sitting in there NOW !! Thanks "trellis".The Breakfast's finish at 11-00,but eating a lovely bacon sandwich & tea.WI-Fi here is available too,as you can see !!The big breakfast "Head Gardeners Special" is good value at £ 6-95.tongue-out.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook