What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 11/02/2017 18:32

Posted on 11/02/2017 18:32

Fingers crossed, David, fingers crossed.

BTW - Do you ever perform Arvo Part's "Kanon Pokajanen"? I like listening to unaccompanied male voice choirs every now and then. I'd love to hear this live.

milliehull replied on 11/02/2017 19:00

Posted on 11/02/2017 18:14 by DSB

We've repacked the caravan today ready for a trip away tomorrow.  All towels and bedding in etc.  Guess what.... got into the car and it took me ages to get the thing to start..... I'm beginning to wonder if it's a bad omen.  We'll see what happens first thing tomorrow.  The idea is that we go after church, so we'll see if the car starts first thing!  ~Not feeling optimistic!!  undecided

On the other hand, when I did choir practice last night, I realised our first hymn on Sunday morning is to the tune 'Wareham'.  Guess where were going........?  Coincidence!!

David

Posted on 11/02/2017 19:00

Fingers crossed that your car starts OK tomorrow David.  Enjoy Wareham - lovely part of the world. How is your daughter enjoying her 2nd term at Uni?

HelenandTrevor replied on 11/02/2017 19:11

Posted on 11/02/2017 11:46 by

I completed my first day back at work but not without incident. The Smart car broke down just as I was on my last delivery. The dashboard just showed the message malfunction and after that it ran on restricted power. Maximum speed 20 mph.

So this morning I rang the boss to say I couldn't come into work today also because I was still feeling unwell and not fully recovered from the hospital treatment. So I got a lecture about being unreliable!

Posted on 11/02/2017 19:11

Oh dear Malcolm,  you don't have much luck with cars, on the plus side it means another day off work and you can take it easy . More time to recover fully.  Don't worry about work, health is more important. 

Pliers replied on 11/02/2017 19:11

Posted on 11/02/2017 11:46 by

I completed my first day back at work but not without incident. The Smart car broke down just as I was on my last delivery. The dashboard just showed the message malfunction and after that it ran on restricted power. Maximum speed 20 mph.

So this morning I rang the boss to say I couldn't come into work today also because I was still feeling unwell and not fully recovered from the hospital treatment. So I got a lecture about being unreliable!

Posted on 11/02/2017 19:11

You're not having much luck at the moment are you, Malcolm 😱

But chin up, I'm sure things will improve, just take things easy, and, yes, keep being "unreliable" 😊😊😊

HelenandTrevor replied on 11/02/2017 19:14

Posted on 11/02/2017 18:14 by DSB

We've repacked the caravan today ready for a trip away tomorrow.  All towels and bedding in etc.  Guess what.... got into the car and it took me ages to get the thing to start..... I'm beginning to wonder if it's a bad omen.  We'll see what happens first thing tomorrow.  The idea is that we go after church, so we'll see if the car starts first thing!  ~Not feeling optimistic!!  undecided

On the other hand, when I did choir practice last night, I realised our first hymn on Sunday morning is to the tune 'Wareham'.  Guess where were going........?  Coincidence!!

David

Posted on 11/02/2017 19:14

Hope car ok and starts tomorrow.  Wareham is lovely, have a great time. smile

HelenandTrevor replied on 11/02/2017 19:18

Posted on 11/02/2017 19:18

Horrible day, so cold! Mind you hubby still went out and washed down the caravan. surprised

Bit of housework and washing this morning, and then out to the pub this afternoon to watch the rugby. smile

Oneputt replied on 11/02/2017 19:49

Posted on 11/02/2017 19:49

Malc Just tell your boss to swivel then have a couple of weeks off and if you need to work get a part time job with a supermarket.

brue replied on 11/02/2017 19:55

Posted on 11/02/2017 18:51 by cyberyacht

Love Wareham. One of my favourite spots. Took the OH to The Priory Hotel on the quay for a special birthday.

Posted on 11/02/2017 19:55

We've got a Sunday lunch voucher to use there, a present from one of our daughters. Looking forward to it. smile

Enjoy Wareham David, hope you get there ok!

IanH replied on 11/02/2017 20:23

Posted on 11/02/2017 20:23

Malcolm, Statutory Sick Pay is payable by employers to employees (which you are) for up to 28 weeks. It's £88.45/week. Best part is that your employer can recover the payment through his tax returns (assuming that he troubles himself with such things).

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook