What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 11/02/2017 20:35

Posted on 11/02/2017 20:23 by IanH

Malcolm, Statutory Sick Pay is payable by employers to employees (which you are) for up to 28 weeks. It's £88.45/week. Best part is that your employer can recover the payment through his tax returns (assuming that he troubles himself with such things).

Posted on 11/02/2017 20:35

Oh nice one 😃. Malcolm you must qualify. Do take time to take care of yourself.

KjellNN replied on 11/02/2017 21:50

Posted on 11/02/2017 21:50

Started the tiling in DD's kitchen today.....eventually.

She had cleared work surfaces and taken down most stuff off the walls, but there was still her cooker hood to be removed, which took us about an hour to figure out how to do.

Then we found the tile adhesive left from a while back had gone off, so I had to wait till OH and DD went to the tile place and bought the adhesive, grout, silicone sealant, stainless steel trim, and a new adhesive spreader for me.  All that cost as much again as the tiles, but there should be plenty of adhesive to do the utility room as well.

Putting up the whole tiles is quick,  but she has lots of sockets and switches in some areas, so a lot of tricky cutting.  Thank goodness for an electric tile saw!  Even so, I had 2 cutting failures.  She has several spare tiles so not too big a disaster.

Luckily it was dry in the afternoon so I was able to use it outside on her deck, far too messy to use inside.

Will go back tomorrow to continue, should get at least 2/3 completed by tomorrow  night, then I will go again on Tuesday.

Cannot have the kitchen in chaos too long!

replied on 12/02/2017 01:55

Posted on 11/02/2017 20:23 by IanH

Malcolm, Statutory Sick Pay is payable by employers to employees (which you are) for up to 28 weeks. It's £88.45/week. Best part is that your employer can recover the payment through his tax returns (assuming that he troubles himself with such things).

Posted on 12/02/2017 01:55

The problem is that the boss doesn't look upon me as an employee but as self-employed. So I won't get sick pay. Yesterday he told me that if I needed sick leave, he will get another driver and I will lose my job.

huskydog replied on 12/02/2017 08:07

Posted on 12/02/2017 01:55 by

The problem is that the boss doesn't look upon me as an employee but as self-employed. So I won't get sick pay. Yesterday he told me that if I needed sick leave, he will get another driver and I will lose my job.

Posted on 12/02/2017 08:07

Malcolm, it would seem the your boss is only interested in himself and profit , being a boss myself my employees are important to me and I look after them and understand that sometimes they will need time off with sickness or other reasons , your boss is obviously not interested in your long term health , it may be a hard decision but tell your boss to stick his job and find another job ,as the way you are going you won't be in fit state to work at all 

Do the right thing ,NOW befor it's to late ..........

replied on 12/02/2017 08:24

Posted on 12/02/2017 08:24

I'm starting to think that perhaps I need to find another job. However, the boss has now offered me reduced hours of 12 noon to 7 p.m. Seven hour day instead of 11 hours which is better plus one day off, Thursday.

Oneputt replied on 12/02/2017 08:46

Posted on 12/02/2017 08:46

Another dull day here, just doesn't seem to get light at all.  No snow yet but another day where the temperature doesn't get above 2C but feels about -5C in the Easterly wind.  Off to daughters to help with the unpacking 

EmilysDad replied on 12/02/2017 08:54

Posted on 12/02/2017 01:55 by

Posted on 12/02/2017 08:54

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38931211

I'm  not sure your  employer has a choice....

Bakers2 replied on 12/02/2017 09:38

Posted on 12/02/2017 08:46 by Oneputt

Another dull day here, just doesn't seem to get light at all.  No snow yet but another day where the temperature doesn't get above 2C but feels about -5C in the Easterly wind.  Off to daughters to help with the unpacking 

Posted on 12/02/2017 09:38

Very similar in Essex 😦 beginning to be very fed up with it. Wet snow on and off yesterday but didn't settle. Helping daughter with unpacking did I miss something?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook