What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

triky auto replied on 12/02/2017 11:18

Posted on 12/02/2017 11:18

wink Another lay-in !!tongue-out,Overcast & gloomy day here at B.H.F.Some overnight rain has melted most of the snow. It's 2.5 outside ,19'5 inside .Off to Sunday lunch at Monks Horton ,,,The Black Horse",a fantastic carvery.Mmmmlaughing.

Bakers2 replied on 12/02/2017 12:19

Posted on 12/02/2017 12:19

Still playing on here 😆 house still requires attention. Have sorted the wet washing and put the dry washing away so getting there slowly. Picked up bag containing bits of material to put away and it fell apart so need to find another decent bag and repack once my tea is drunk. Car is washed so at least that's progress 😃. 

DavidKlyne replied on 12/02/2017 13:02

Posted on 12/02/2017 13:02

Had a mysterious e-mail from the National Lottery today. I had forgotten my log in details as excitement mounted thinking that I might now be a millionaire. Eventually got into the system and now a proud recipient of a £25 prize wink At least it saves me the bother of working out what to spend a bigger prize on.

David

Tammygirl replied on 12/02/2017 13:54

Posted on 12/02/2017 13:54

It's a so so day today, a bit of everything so far, sun,rain, wind but no snow. The wind is quite chilly so wrapping up when going out is required.

Not feeling so great today, the cough is back yell chest tight and feeling a bit ugh! hope its just a short lived one this time, really don't fancy going through the mill again, it took weeks to get over the last bout of it. Haven't got time to be poorly to much to do and places to go.

Kj good work with the tiling, I don't mind doing the grouting but OH does the tiling, thankfully none required for a few more years yet. He has replaced all the back/kitchen door frame this week its just waiting for me to do the painting but that is going to have to wait now until I'm feeling better and its a bit warmer as I will have to have the door open to do the painting. OH's next task is to fit the Gaslow, once he locates the right size of cutter, its about the only one he doesn't have.

KjellNN replied on 12/02/2017 14:56

Posted on 12/02/2017 10:02 by IanH

KjeIINN - I know you enjoy DiY so it's probably not a problem to you, but you have my deepest sympathy while tiling a kitchen.

Ours is now complete other than a couple of door plates, which I will fit today. 

Posted on 12/02/2017 14:56

I must admit that tiling is not one of my favourite activities, I much prefer woodwork.  Being a newish house there are a multitude of sockets and switches in the above worktop/below wall unit area, which is the bit being tiled, plus of course all the way to the ceiling above the hob.  

There are a total of 14  outlets of various types that the tiles have to be cut round, some have very little space between them so will be difficult.

DD is keen to learn how to measure and cut, and she has been sticking up several tiles already.  I have suggested she can do all the grouting too!

Very cold here today, especially as it is quite windy.

DD is making pizza so has asked us to stay for dinner.  I made leek and potato soup last night, so we had some of that for lunch to heat us up.

milliehull replied on 12/02/2017 16:08

Posted on 12/02/2017 16:08

Everyone sounds very busy. Hope the unpacking is going well OP. I am sure the grand twins  are 'helping'. 😄.  I don't  envy you ironing those large curtains Bakers, but I am sure it will all look lovely when it is finished. Best of luck with the tiling Kj. That is not Mr H's favourite DIY job. Hope you soon feel better Tammy. Get yourself to the doctor if worse tomorrow (easier said than done I know😡). Horrid weather here today - wet and very cold. I cheered myself up last night by booking some trips away in the caravan. Trips booked so far are a week at Houghton Mill in April, a week at Norfolk Broads site in May and a week at Cromer in June 😃. Son and family coming over from N. Ireland on Tuesday until the following Sunday.😊😊Off now to iron all the bedding.

Francis replied on 12/02/2017 16:09

Posted on 12/02/2017 16:09

When we got up this morning the hills round about us were covered in snow so we had a lovely view from our motorhome lounge window this morning. We have spent most of the day in Bowness on Windermere what a lovely little place although it was very cold. Hope everyone else is enjoyiing their day

HelenandTrevor replied on 12/02/2017 16:48

Posted on 12/02/2017 16:08 by milliehull

Everyone sounds very busy. Hope the unpacking is going well OP. I am sure the grand twins  are 'helping'. 😄.  I don't  envy you ironing those large curtains Bakers, but I am sure it will all look lovely when it is finished. Best of luck with the tiling Kj. That is not Mr H's favourite DIY job. Hope you soon feel better Tammy. Get yourself to the doctor if worse tomorrow (easier said than done I know😡). Horrid weather here today - wet and very cold. I cheered myself up last night by booking some trips away in the caravan. Trips booked so far are a week at Houghton Mill in April, a week at Norfolk Broads site in May and a week at Cromer in June 😃. Son and family coming over from N. Ireland on Tuesday until the following Sunday.😊😊Off now to iron all the bedding.

Posted on 12/02/2017 16:48

Have a lovely time with your family Millie.  Wish I had got round to booking some more trips, not as easy when time off from work had  to be sorted too. 😢  Only one week booked so far.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook