What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

SteveL replied on 12/02/2017 09:39

Posted on 12/02/2017 09:39

Malcolm, I would not normally comment on this sort of topic, as of course it is up to yourself to decide what is best for you. However, this so called boss of yours seems so uncaring and money motivated, that feel I must voice an opinion.

Given your stirling work for the firm, if you told them you were taking time off to get fully better before commencing work again, they would be a fool not to take you back. However, from my perspective it seems you are currently working to fund your new smart car, which is more or less exclusively used for business use, as you get so little time off. This surely is economic madness.

Would you not be better off getting a job in a supermarket, or B&Q type establishment. You could even both get a job and be pulling in two wages, rather than the current one between you. The hours would certainly be less. I don't know about the remuneration, but you would not need to buy so much fuel, or put so many miles on the car, there would be no need for business use insurance and you could possibly go back to only one vehicle. If it was a supermarket you also get a discount card, so your food shopping would be cheaper.

However, whatever you decide look after your health. Your current employer obviously has no concerns. He will just discard and re-employ. He seems to have made that clear. Personally I would not want to work for someone like that.

Bakers2 replied on 12/02/2017 09:39

Posted on 12/02/2017 09:35 by HelenandTrevor

Damp and cold day today, had hoped to re lead the caravan,but don't think I'll bother today just a bit too cold.😕

Posted on 12/02/2017 09:39

Not inspiring at all is it? Curious re lead? 

Oneputt replied on 12/02/2017 09:52

Posted on 12/02/2017 09:38 by Bakers2

Very similar in Essex 😦 beginning to be very fed up with it. Wet snow on and off yesterday but didn't settle. Helping daughter with unpacking did I miss something?

Posted on 12/02/2017 09:52

Daughter, SIL and Grandtwins brought a new house on the edge of Oulton Brought by the fens/marsh, a delightful area about half a mile from their current house.  Just going to help with the unpacking today.  Lot of work to do on the house but SIL is a joiner, window fitter, plasterer etc and his uncle is a builder so no problem there.  They need to clear their current house quite quickly as they are going to rent it out

IanH replied on 12/02/2017 10:00

Posted on 12/02/2017 08:24 by

I'm starting to think that perhaps I need to find another job. However, the boss has now offered me reduced hours of 12 noon to 7 p.m. Seven hour day instead of 11 hours which is better plus one day off, Thursday.

Posted on 12/02/2017 10:00

Malcolm - you refer to him as your boss, he controls your hours and what you do, you don't work for anyone else......he is your employer whether he likes it or not. He does not decide this - it is decided in employment law.

So, before you tell him to stuff the job (which you most certainly should do at the right time) tell him that you want paying back-pay for all the missing minimum wage, unpaid sick leave, unpaid holidays etc.......and that you will take him to an employment tribunal if he tries to sack you.

Get advice from your local Citizens Advice on the best way to do all this.

IanH replied on 12/02/2017 10:02

Posted on 12/02/2017 10:02

KjeIINN - I know you enjoy DiY so it's probably not a problem to you, but you have my deepest sympathy while tiling a kitchen.

Ours is now complete other than a couple of door plates, which I will fit today. 

Bakers2 replied on 12/02/2017 10:16

Posted on 12/02/2017 10:16

HelenandTrevor got it 😄. Reload. Brain like the weather 😉😂  

Bakers2 replied on 12/02/2017 10:21

Posted on 12/02/2017 09:52 by Oneputt

Daughter, SIL and Grandtwins brought a new house on the edge of Oulton Brought by the fens/marsh, a delightful area about half a mile from their current house.  Just going to help with the unpacking today.  Lot of work to do on the house but SIL is a joiner, window fitter, plasterer etc and his uncle is a builder so no problem there.  They need to clear their current house quite quickly as they are going to rent it out

Posted on 12/02/2017 10:21

How lovely for them, hope they'll be very happy in their new home. Plenty to keep everyone occupied 😉.

On Kindle brief eating words 😬😬😤😤😤      

Bakers2 replied on 12/02/2017 10:56

Posted on 12/02/2017 10:56

I've now switched to my phone so that I can type flowing replies. I'm sorry some of my posts or replies have been short and could be read as curt. Not intentional at all. Ever since the upgrade any typing on my Kindle and it ate existing typed words, so unless I took forever to type very slowly and I mean S  L O W  L  Y even then it would suddenly eat words and I got fed up typing for nothing to make sense 😭😦. Sometimes it would sometimes it wouldn't ! Last week's improvement lulled me as it allowed me to type on the kindle for a whole line and when I browse I go to reply and can't. 

Going to clean thro today no more excuses available 😂😂.  Need to finish pressing and hanging new curtains 90x90 is a lot of material I wish they could be ironed at the window. Not bought ready made for years and I think these have been folded in a very tight package for years too. However the new linen looks good and goes great with the curtains a real change.

Hubby got to wash the car as we have funeral tomorrow - almost a month since she died. Not sure it's worth it as will be dirty again before we get to the end of the road. But one has to make the effort out of respect. Car washing or for that matter motorhome washing is not considered worthwhile here and he won't use car wash so he can be wet and cold 😉.

We need to check motorhome as we had some water puddle by the habitation door where rain driven by the wind had come in through a tiny gap. Door catch now adjusted so just have to check all OK.  Luckily damp meter says rest is dry phew. 

Enjoy your day folks. 

HelenandTrevor replied on 12/02/2017 10:57

Posted on 12/02/2017 10:16 by Bakers2

HelenandTrevor got it 😄. Reload. Brain like the weather 😉😂  

Posted on 12/02/2017 10:57

Oops,  just re read post, predictive text.yellembarassed

HelenandTrevor replied on 12/02/2017 10:59

Posted on 12/02/2017 09:52 by Oneputt

Posted on 12/02/2017 10:59

Sounds a lovely place to live, hope they enjoy  their new home.Good luck with the unpacking. smile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook