What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

replied on 09/02/2017 15:33

Posted on 09/02/2017 14:30 by Wherenext

Not nice MM. Hope you're going to take some time off for recovery. Give up the day job before it gives you up.

NTH - Didn't get to the Edge as Mrs. WN wasn't too great so we pottered. Now in Chester awaiting appt with the driller killer! A masochistic affair! Glad you and M had a good day. The Lakes can't be beat in good weather.

Posted on 09/02/2017 15:33

It was scary, wherenext! I couldn't believe my phone ringing at 3 a.m. I wasn't expecting the blood results for two days. It seems their fast action saved my life! 

replied on 09/02/2017 15:46

Posted on 09/02/2017 13:54 by Oneputt

Hope you get out soon Malc, then kept warm and take it easy for a while.  The food industry can do without you for a whilesurprised

Posted on 09/02/2017 15:46

That's right, Oneputt. After all, they had to manage without me for the last three days. Thankfully, I'm still alive to tell the tale!

Metheven replied on 09/02/2017 15:55

Posted on 09/02/2017 15:55

Yes look after yourself Malc, have they told you the reason yet for the I assume low blood count?

DSB replied on 09/02/2017 16:00

Posted on 09/02/2017 13:25 by

I've been in Worthing hospital for the last three days.

On Monday I had an appointment with the GP because of difficulty breathing and walking. I kept getting breathless after just a few steps. I was referred to the hospital for a blood test and chest xray. That night I got a phone call from the hospital doctor about dangerously low life threatening haemoglobin of 43 that was revealed from the blood test. The phone call came at 3 a.m. and an ambulance was sent to collect me and take me to hospital into the accident and emergency unit. By the time the ambulance arrived, I was gasping for breath and they gave me emergency oxygen. So I have been given blood transfusion and now recovering. The treatment is now finished and I'm just waiting for them to tell me I can go home!

Posted on 09/02/2017 16:00

Sorry to read this Malcolm.  Hope you are recovering - take care of yourself and take some time off if you can.  Hope they found the cause of it and will make it all good.

With best wishes

David

moulesy replied on 09/02/2017 16:13

Posted on 09/02/2017 16:13

Malcolm - you look after yourself! Your health is the most important thing at the moment. Take it easy - they'll still be needing delivery drivers after you've made a full recovery. Listen to what the medical professionals tell you!

moulesy replied on 09/02/2017 16:18

Posted on 09/02/2017 16:18

Woke to a clear frosty morning here in Hawkshead this morning and the cloud cover's certainly lifted. So a full day's walking today - for those who know the area, drove over to Shepherd's Bridge just up the road from  Coniston and walked over to Little Langdale past the quarries at Hodge Close and the back via Tilbertwaite. Still not a lot of snow on the high tops but it's certainly getting colder!

One day left here, so may try to get onto one of the fell tops tomorrow if it's a clear day.

HelenandTrevor replied on 09/02/2017 16:24

Posted on 09/02/2017 16:24

Sorry to hear you've been unwell Malcolm,  take care and don't rush back to work, you need to look after yourself a bit now. 

HelenandTrevor replied on 09/02/2017 16:31

Posted on 09/02/2017 16:31

Turned very cold here today, quick shopping trip to Aldi before work. 

Heard from youngest son, all his furniture fitted in the van, unpacking in new house has commenced. laughing

Enjoy your break away triky. 

Glad you are enjoying the lakes Moulesy. 

Tammygirl replied on 09/02/2017 18:22

Posted on 09/02/2017 16:31 by HelenandTrevor

Turned very cold here today, quick shopping trip to Aldi before work. 

Heard from youngest son, all his furniture fitted in the van, unpacking in new house has commenced. laughing

Enjoy your break away triky. 

Glad you are enjoying the lakes Moulesy. 

Posted on 09/02/2017 18:22

Gosh Helen, didn't know your son had moved already, have I been hibernating wink

Get better soon MM, its not nice being ill.

Have a good break Triky

Moulesy we have a fair bit of snow on the hills all around us but nothing in our village.

Very cold this evening, frost already forming.

taffyY replied on 09/02/2017 18:39

Posted on 09/02/2017 13:25 by

I've been in Worthing hospital for the last three days.

On Monday I had an appointment with the GP because of difficulty breathing and walking. I kept getting breathless after just a few steps. I was referred to the hospital for a blood test and chest xray. That night I got a phone call from the hospital doctor about dangerously low life threatening haemoglobin of 43 that was revealed from the blood test. The phone call came at 3 a.m. and an ambulance was sent to collect me and take me to hospital into the accident and emergency unit. By the time the ambulance arrived, I was gasping for breath and they gave me emergency oxygen. So I have been given blood transfusion and now recovering. The treatment is now finished and I'm just waiting for them to tell me I can go home!

Posted on 09/02/2017 18:39

Aw Malcolm, that is awful!  I am so sorry to hear this but thank goodness for the NHS who are wonderful in an emergency.   As others have said, take good care of yourself and eat plenty of liver (ugh!) to get that blood count up.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook