What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 06/02/2017 15:36

Posted on 06/02/2017 13:34 by KjellNN

Not long back from dentist, OH had to have a tooth out.  It was a big back one, so the hole is huge.

Off now to take caravan to dealer for service etc, nice day here so should be a pleasant journey, traffic permitting.

Posted on 06/02/2017 15:36

My sincere commiserations to Mrs.K. Ouch.

ABM replied on 06/02/2017 16:23

Posted on 06/02/2017 16:23

Sitting  at  the  keyboard,  too  much  to  do  and

undecided  where  to  start !!

Did  a  little  food  shop this  morning  and  got  in

to  find  that  nice  young  ****  ****  ****  postperson 

had  left  a  little  pile  on  the  door mat  for  me !

The  D V L A  took  my  Vehicle  Tax  ok  so  that

means  my  insurance  &  M O T   have  also  been

plundering  my  bank  balance  but  the  Scotpower

folks  cannot  agree  with  themselves  what  my  bill

should  be  nor  which  card  they  want  to  use.

as  a result  I'm  agoin'  to  spend  the  evening  on

the  updates  to  my  2017  Steam  Rally  Lists  laughingcool

Ah,  Decisions,  Decisions  Decisions   !!( But  think

of  the  muddy  fun  to  come  surprised   !! )

moulesy replied on 06/02/2017 17:18

Posted on 06/02/2017 17:18

We woke up this morning to the most fantastic view of the valley behind the cottage shrouded in mist with Latterbarrow and Claiffe Heights clear behind. And within minutes of the sun appearing over the hill top the mist had completely vanished. We drove round to Elterwater and walked along to Skelwith Bridge and round Loughrigg Tarn - very cold but clear and bright. A lovely day out!

Tammygirl replied on 06/02/2017 17:55

Posted on 06/02/2017 17:55

Temporary filling now out as is the rest of the old amalgam one, nice new white resin filling in, mouth still a bit numb but going off so tea will be a bit late tonight. 

Sounds good WN, hope no one comes and pitches right next to you and spoils your peace.

Moulsey, have a nice time, sound lovely.

Kj, hope the OH soon recovers from the extraction.

DSB replied on 06/02/2017 18:43

Posted on 06/02/2017 18:43

Sounds as if you ae having a good time Moulsey.  Enjoy.

Today I went to the hospital for a hip x-ray.  Got there and they said 2-3 waiting time.  In the end I decided not to bother - went from the hospital to Market Bosworth to a pub for lunch.  The x-ray can wait for another day.

David 

milliehull replied on 06/02/2017 19:58

Posted on 05/02/2017 21:17 by Bakers2

Just settling down for a bit of TV and CT catch up having arrived back from son's. Very nice weekend. Lovely delicious roast lunch at the red lion in Warmington, not on sea 😂😂. Thank you for the birthday greetings 😃. Really foggy morning in Peterborough which was a surprise nice dog walk round the muddy fields very slippery under foot managed not to measure my length 😉.  

KjellNN sounds lime a busy time for you but satisfying get once the jobs are done have to agree on the DIY skills hubby does our plumbing and minor electrics. Can't imagine the bills if he didn't 😮. 

Moulesy have a great week.

Goldie you may work ha4d but I'm pleased to know you make the most of your non working hours.

Tricky I'm impressed washed concorde in 1.5 hours it's huge!

Milliehull I hope you had a lovely birthday.

Sorry if I missed anyone 😔. Sadly the weekend is over so I wish everyone a happy week regardless of whether their work is paid or pleasure.

Posted on 06/02/2017 19:58

We love The Red Lion at Warmington Bakers. We sometimes meet friends for lunch there. Glad you had a good weekend. Yes it was a very foggy miserable day here yesterday.😦

nelliethehooker replied on 06/02/2017 20:37

Posted on 06/02/2017 15:35 by Wherenext

Nice dry morning with a bit of frost. Feel like Billy No Mates as we're the lone caravan on the CL. Still, nobody going to upset us so thats a positive.

Went for a long stroll around various bits of Marbury Country Park and watched a barge being lifted up via the Anderton Boatlift, a pice of engineering marvel.

Had lunch in Frodsham, a bit of shopping, then back to the van to do the jobs. 5 minutes after closing the door and making the coffee the heavens opened. Due to pass through tonight so hoping to get out again tomorrow, maybe to Alderley Edge.

Enjoy your break Moulesy. Be gentle with the old man that is Nellie!laughing

Posted on 06/02/2017 20:37

Thanks for that!! I'm not that old really, but am a bit like a creaking gate at the moment following my cold. 

Which site are you staying on? We walked over to the boat lift, through the CP, last month from Northwich. Hope that the weather stays fine for the rest of your stay.

pauline058 replied on 06/02/2017 22:03

Posted on 06/02/2017 22:03

Been sat in the caravan today whilst carpet fitters were in, tidying the house up a bit ready for putting up for sale

KjellNN replied on 06/02/2017 22:59

Posted on 06/02/2017 22:59

Well, that was our first tow with the new car, seems excellent.  Nice run over to dealer, not so nice coming back as it was raining by then, and there was heavy traffic as we were much later than intended.

Van safely delivered then we had to have a long chat  with the dealer, and a look at the new caravans.

However the bank balance is intact as we did not see anything we liked better than our current van!

Van should be ready for collection on Friday if all goes according to plan.

OH is recovering slowly, she has had some soup for dinner, and some yogurt, and we will have a cup of tea soon.  Her face is still sore, but not too bad.

Tammygirl replied on 06/02/2017 23:11

Posted on 06/02/2017 23:11

Glad to hear your first tow went well Kj, its always an anxious time the first tow. The weather here has gone severely down hill from daylight hours, now pouring with rain but forecast for fine tomorrow, at least we won't get frost tonight, fingers crossed or it will be like a skating rink.

Good that OH managed to eat something and not too much pain. Mines all ok now, managed a nice stir fry with noodles and some lovely salmon steaks Mmmmmm!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook