What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DSB replied on 07/02/2017 16:55

Posted on 07/02/2017 16:55

Glad you are enjoying your breaks Wherenext and Moulsey.  We're thinking about getting the van out for a few days next week.

David 

milliehull replied on 07/02/2017 17:22

Posted on 07/02/2017 17:22

It rained all night and was a very wet start to the morning.  I had another stint in the Visitor Centre this morning but it was very quiet.  I think the poor weather was keeping everyone indoors.frown

Glad you are both having good holidays moulesy and Wherenext. The cottage with the woodburner sounds wonderful moulesy.  We had many happy walking holidays in that area with our youngest son some years ago.

I hope all those with coughs, colds and having had teeth out soon recover. 

brue replied on 07/02/2017 17:50

Posted on 06/02/2017 22:03 by pauline058

Been sat in the caravan today whilst carpet fitters were in, tidying the house up a bit ready for putting up for sale

Posted on 07/02/2017 17:50

Reading all the various news on here. Hope all goes well with the house sale Pauline. Two of our neighbours are moving off this year,  I will miss them!

triky auto replied on 07/02/2017 18:32

Posted on 07/02/2017 16:36 by DSB

Sorry to hear of the cough Triky.  You have my deepest sympathy having already had a really bad bout of it this winter.  Get well soon.

David 

Posted on 07/02/2017 18:32

surprised , It 'aint the cough ,that carry's you orf  it's the coffin they carry's you orf in !! undecided .

Thanks all .  

brue replied on 07/02/2017 18:41

Posted on 07/02/2017 18:41

Seems to have claimed many victims, keep warm! Looks like the weather will be a bit colder so put your hat and mitts on! wink

Francis replied on 07/02/2017 18:56

Posted on 07/02/2017 18:56

Its been cold here all day but no snow so far. We are heading off down to the Lakes on Thirsday for 5 nights in the van cant wait now hopefully the weather picks up a bit for us.

nelliethehooker replied on 07/02/2017 19:20

Posted on 07/02/2017 16:38 by Wherenext

Nellie, we're on Rangeway Bank Farm, under Frodsham but midway between there and Tarvin, about 1 mile to Delamere Forest. It'e OK but wouldn't suit those that need an awning as the ground slopes a bit but the pitches are flat. The area is peaceful. 

Lovely morning here, fantastic walking weather. Back in the caravan now, just about to pour a glass of red. Don't go giving that cold to M.

Posted on 07/02/2017 19:20

Know the site. We've stopped there a couple of time a while ago. By your description  guess that they've not enlarged the pitches any. There's an easy walk just up the road into Delemere Forest.

Did you get to Alderley Edge today? That's another of our favourite walking places. Many years ago I want with our local geology group on a tour of the mines under the Edge. Quite an experience. Didn't see the dragon though!!

Cold seems to be going so hopefully I won't be carrying any infection when we meet up tomorrow.

IanH replied on 07/02/2017 20:00

Posted on 07/02/2017 20:00

Finally finished tiling the kitchen floor today by grouting the second half of the floor.

Boy, that black grout is messy stuff!

Anyway, it looks a treat!

Moved the washing machine and dish-washer back in this afternoon. Just a couple of door plates to fit (ordered from Amazon) and that's it sorted.

KjellNN replied on 07/02/2017 20:45

Posted on 07/02/2017 20:45

Sounds good Ian, well done!

DD  is about to order her kitchen wall tiles, so that will keep me busy for a while.  I have suggeated she shoild do the grouting herself.  She has agreed, as long as I show  her how to do it.

All water valves in the first  loft now changed, did not take as long as I feared, so now just that leak on the shower feed to fix.

KjellNN replied on 07/02/2017 20:57

Posted on 07/02/2017 20:57

DD used to have ceramic tiles on her kitchen floor and her bathroom floor in her flat in the West End of Glasgow, she now rents it out and has a 3 storey town house a bit further out of town.

Anyway......she found the floors rather unforgiving and hard to stand on.

Anything dropped on them broke, and the tiles  were easily damaged, so ended up with a few chips in them.  They did however look very nice.

Hopefully, Ian, your tiles are less delicate.  Certainly black grout will be much better than the white grout  + white tiles that DD had.  They were very difficult to keep clean.

She now rents the flat out and has replaced the kitchen floor with vinyl "Cushion Floor", and the bathroom floor with a waterproof tile effect laminate, which looks really good.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook